Odd request from owners

Forgive the odd request. I live in central PA and I really would like to look in a Terry 21 or 22 but there is no one (dealers) around us who have them. I have a opportunity to get a crazy good deal on a 2018 in Ohio but before I drive 7 hours I’d like to at least look inside and study the workmanship. Does anyone here live in PA, MD, or NJ where I can come look at yours? Again I know it’s an odd request, but I’d appreciate some help.

danemayer

Hi RetroAddict,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully someone near you will see your request and volunteer.

You might also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Terry Sales. Maybe there's one at a dealer you haven't checked with.

BobbyandGenee

Hello RetroAddict:
I am Robert Bimbi, founder of the Heartland Terry Classic Facebook Page and Group. I realize not everyone is on Facebook!
There is a very limited amount of these left at Dealers. So far we have had a few owners put their units up for sale due to personal issues that will keep them from RV'ing.

If you are on Facebook, please feel free to visit us so you can post your request on our page. You will have to answer the 3 questions for the group, and I will authorize you.

Otherwise feel free to message me.

wrathone11

We just bought a new 2018 Terry Classic V21 from Terry Town RV in Michigan, drove from San Antonio to pick it up and it was worth every mile. So far we've only encountered minor issues I was prepared for thanks to reading this forum. We got a small roof bubble and already on fixing it and we had a screw head pop out on the trim, which I'm also on fixing. I do have a question though as I can't remember what it is and I can't find the answer anywhere; Under the dinette bench by the door there are cables that are not hooked to anything, they are obviously a prep for something. My question is, what are they a prep for?

2019_V22

We just bought a new 2018 Terry Classic V21 from Terry Town RV in Michigan, drove from San Antonio to pick it up and it was worth every mile. So far we've only encountered minor issues I was prepared for thanks to reading this forum. We got a small roof bubble and already on fixing it and we had a screw head pop out on the trim, which I'm also on fixing. I do have a question though as I can't remember what it is and I can't find the answer anywhere; Under the dinette bench by the door there are cables that are not hooked to anything, they are obviously a prep for something. My question is, what are they a prep for?

Wish I could help with the V21 layout, as I am a V22, but I would suggest going over the whole T/T and snugging screws, looking at electrical connections, interior fasteners ect. It's really tough to become acquainted with the trailer till you go over it with a fine tooth comb. I spent 2 months doing things like that which has saved me unknown future issues. I was pre-disposed to a windshield leak due the rushed assembly at Heartland. The dealer knew because it leaked when they washed it, they simply wiped it up and quietly moved on. I later knew because the day I did the walk through, it was cold, the heat was on, and all the windows were fogged due to trapped moisture around the base of the windshield. Fortunately I have been working directly with heartland and my windshield guy, and this is all being covered by Heartland. I have many reservations about the final trim out, and fit and finish over-all, but the core bones of the trailer do seem decently constructed.
Post pics of your found cables.
Read the threads under Modifications here in the Terry Forum for things to look out for, and various improvement ideas.

https://heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php/869-Terry-Modifications

SNOKING

Subwoofer?

Greg1962

Terry Classic V22

I just bought a 2019 Terry Classic V22 private sale. The person selling it did not know much about it. i tried referring to Owner's Manual to learn all about the different components but not much help as Heartland OM is a generic manual for all its models. is there an expert out there on the V22? For example, how does the A/C work, furnace, water heater, etc etc. i cant get me AC working - checked the fuse, fuse from battery to thermostat. etc

danemayer

Re: Terry Classic V22

I just bought a 2019 Terry Classic V22 private sale. The person selling it did not know much about it. i tried referring to Owner's Manual to learn all about the different components but not much help as Heartland OM is a generic manual for all its models. is there an expert out there on the V22? For example, how does the A/C work, furnace, water heater, etc etc. i cant get me AC working - checked the fuse, fuse from battery to thermostat. etc

Hi Greg,

We have quite a few owner-written user guides in this folder. It mostly references larger 5th wheels, but a lot of the information also applies to a Terry.

Air conditioning typically uses 120V AC from a shore power connection to run the unit on the roof, but you also need 12V DC to power the thermostat. In addition to fuses, you probably also have 120V AC circuit breakers. You should also check them. And of course you need to have 120V AC coming into the trailer.

ste88

I hope you have better luck with your V22 than we have had.
The air condition , television, and radio do not work on batteries, you have to be on 110 for that to work.
The water heater works on the heartland electrical panel and the furnace operates on the themostat by the sofa.
Check your water heater on the outside panel to make sure the piece is screwed in to the water heater, mine was not.

danemayer

I hope you have better luck with your V22 than we have had.
The air condition , television, and radio do not work on batteries, you have to be on 110 for that to work.

Hi ste88,

Why would you think the air conditioner is supposed to run on a 12V battery?

2019_V22

The conventional Dometic Brisk Air II supplied with the Terry Classic is a non ducted unit, and your controls are in the ceiling air distribution box visible when you simply look up at it, unless it's been upgraded like I did to mine. Since the A/C unit runs on 110v only (all functions) as you already know, you'll need to make sure the circuit breaker is in the on position of course. My first use of my Terry Classic revealed a poor 110v connection in the J box under the bed which caused operation issues with the electric side of the water heater.. The thermostat on the wall is only for the furnace, and operates on 12vdc, as does the gas ignition system, and blower motor.