08' Duramax Regen Exhaust Smell

Vtxkid

Took my 2500HD in today to have the service department look into an occasional regen exhaust smell that fills the cab while sitting at a light. I found a TSB on the Duramax Diesel forum a couple of weeks ago that has Chevrolet correct this problem. The problem seems to be the alignment of the down tube from the turbocharger. They looked at it, might have tried to realign it and found that they need to replace that part of the exhaust. Needless to say, parts on order. Has anybody else with an 07-08 Duramax had this issue?!?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Ours has been fine. When it was new, the regeneration smell was quite noticable but after 5000 miles or so it became a non-issue! Hope it is still working :eek:

GOTTOYS

My 2010 Dodge will do the same thing. I just punch the recirculate button for the heater/ac and shut off the outside air intake for awhile....Don

buckeyebob

i could smell sulpher/rubber burning smell.saw the gm bullitin and took it to dealer .they said all was fine and eventually it went away.i wish they would have a warning light that would go on so you would know you were in regen.i went to pull onto busy interstate only pullin 6k at the time and put pedal to the floor and wanted more!!!!!!!wfen i had air conditioner on it was the most noticable.buckeyebob