12 hour drive with my fur child

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Cats!

All of this 'cat-talk' seems like entirely too much effort. Throw anything in the general direction of Chopper - he'll catch it and eat it!! :cool: Snacks, food, pills, small toys...you name it! He'll even eat veggies - squash, broccoli, cauliflower! :confused: Anything in a 'bite-size' chunck, I guess he thinks he's supposed to! :D

Attachments

• DSC06157.JPG
    DSC06157.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 19

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The only thing Suzi won't eat, as far as I know, is bananas. She can still catch pretty good to for an old codger.:D

Edd and Janet

Berry and I tried traveling with the 2 cats in the truck with us. I don't want a repeat of that experience! One of the cats would not shut up. Tom and Happy ride in the 5th. So far we haven't had any problems with this setup.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Berry and I tried traveling with the 2 cats in the truck with us. I don't want a repeat of that experience! One of the cats would not shut up. Tom and Happy ride in the 5th. So far we haven't had any problems with this setup.
Hi neighbors at Rayford! We had the same problem with KK in the truck. Constant meowing. I didn't want to try letting him roam free in the truck. You never know where he might roam to. He's been doing fine traveling in the trailer. We enjoyed your company while at Rayford and have a great summer. Stay Cool!

arisce

We have travelled with our two cats for over 10 years now and have had no problems. Usually we put them in the RV as they both sleep on the bed while we are travelling. Now that we are retired and leave for Florida in Jan with very cold temperatures outside, they come in the back of the truck with us. We put the seats down and have a litter box and bowls and food ready. They start out in their cages, but when we hit the highway, we let them come out as it would be terrible for them to be caged all day. Ebony would sit up front with us while Tabitha would sleep in her open cage. When we stop they are offered food and water, but we have found they do not drink on the road. It is only when we are set up that they eat and drink. It is great to be able to bring them.
Unfortunately Ebony, our beautiful boy, passed on this past May, so we only have Tabitha now. However when we do get another kitten(s), it will be trained early on to travel with us. I couldn't leave them at home for 3 months. I would miss them so much.

bill40

Our guy is 15 and like Cookie he travels in the truck. With the seats down (and Mommy puts a qulit down so it is soft for him) and a bowl 1/3 full of water. We do put a litter box but he has never used it. Due too her bad back we stop evey 150 to 200 miles and I put him back in the BC and he will use his big litter box. After a short time on the road he falls asleep. So far so good.
Once we stop and set up he is ready to set buy the widow and check out the CG.

kravchuck

Just wanted to jump in. DH and I travel with our two cat's.......Maxx (as in TJ Maxx) and Cheyenne. They ride with us in the back seat of our truck in their wire cages. Our vet suggested that we cover the cage to quiet them down. It works. I have also read to put a little butter on their paws and they will busy themselves licking instead of meowing. Haven't tried that. To keep Maxx from throwing up, we don't feed him the morning of travel. They have been great little travel companions. We make sure they get access to a litter box and that they have water.

P & B

fhollan

Spoiled Cat!

We've taken our cat with us ever since we've had her, going on five years. We do as most of you do, take the back seat down in our CC, place two long pillows, cover them with a sheet. We bring her to the truck in a large carrier. She's got some food, water, and a litter box. The first time she went, we were going down the highway, she got on her hind legs to look out, noticed that everything was "flying by" real fast, and gave a loud meow. DW and I both thought that was funny. We've never had any problems with her. In fact at times she comes and lays on the console.

She's use to the 5ver. She's found all kinds comfortable places to sleep. In fact, we even take her outside with us, on a leash and harness. The only difference is, she leads us instead of "visa versa".

Attachments

• Molly.jpg
    Molly.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Molly-4.jpg
    Molly-4.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Molly-5.jpg
    Molly-5.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: