12 volt lighting in Landmark Key Largo

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
On the last leg of our trip home this past week, the 12V lights stopped working in our coach, then when we got home the slides would not come out and when I tried to level it stopped and said low voltage so my husband put battery charger on this A.M. and everything started working, so he took batteries and had them checked, nothing wrong with batteries. Called Art at heartland service and he says there are a bank of mini switches and one could be tripped but my question is where are those mini breakers and does anyone have a picture of what they look like. Would like to fix this ourselves as we are a long way from a dealer.
Linda West

danemayer

Hi Linda,

The 12V mini-circuit breakers are near the battery. Pictures below. The one where the battery wire comes in along the bottom, sharing power via a copper buss bar, is usually a manual reset breaker. There's a teeny-tiny button on the end that needs to be pressed to reset the breaker. The wire on the top of that breaker goes to the fuse box and Power Converter. So when the breaker trips, the battery doesn't get charged.

The breakers may be covered by a rubber boot.

You can read more about this and see some diagrams in the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. If you have the residential refrigerator option, there's a more precise diagram of your 12V system in the Residential Refrigerator User Guide.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 29
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 22

jbeletti

Linda - Dan gave you the goods. Call me in the morning if you have any questions and I can walk Walter through this.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Thanks Dan after I posted this I actually found your link and this morning I went out and sure enough found the tripped breaker, problem fixed and Jim thanks for
your offer, I would have called If I didn,t find it.
Linda