12 Volt Water Heater Switch

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We just took our new 3160EL out for our first trip and I noticed the above switch and I'm wondering what it might be used for? I've never seen that before and we missed it at our walk through. Would it be used while travelling or dry camping? Doug

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A 12V water heater switch is used to operate it on propane. Usually it is a small switch that is part of the tank monitor panel. The red switch that looks like a household light switch runs it on the 120V heating element. Make sure there is water in the tank before turning it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Yours may be like mine, it has two larger matching black switches in the main switch panel. One marked 120v and the other marked 12v for the water heater. Like John said, the 12v one is to run the water heater on Propane.

pegmikef

Yeah, the service manager that did our PDI commented on that very switch as being misleading and said he wished it had been marked propane or LP, anyhing a little more intuitive. He said he gets questions about it a couple of times a month.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Thanks, silly me, I should have figured that out. Our 3055 had a lighted toggle switch that was labelled better. Doug