12v ceiling fan troubleshooting

Jackson2

Hello RawFaith: I have a 2005 Landmark Golden Gate and your pictures show the exact fan that I have and guess what. About 2 weeks ago the on-off-speed-reverse controller started smoking. Replaced the controller. Within about 3 minutes it started getting very hot so I shut the fan off. Tried it a couple times since with the same results. I'm looking for a new fan now . Where did you locate the one you ordered?

RawFaith

Hello RawFaith: I have a 2005 Landmark Golden Gate and your pictures show the exact fan that I have and guess what. About 2 weeks ago the on-off-speed-reverse controller started smoking. Replaced the controller. Within about 3 minutes it started getting very hot so I shut the fan off. Tried it a couple times since with the same results. I'm looking for a new fan now . Where did you locate the one you ordered?

Hi Jackson2!
Sorry for the delay.
Probably hard to believe but it was very hard to find, lucky enough found it on eBay, take a look. It even comes with a wireless remote ( you probably will nee to fish some wires thru the ceiling from the wall controller to the motor to use it, but it was the best deal i found.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15112028942...49&var=450205212128&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I have it still in a box, planning on install this weekend, if you want to wait for some pics and a review.
Regards

Aandaar

So I don't have any current issue but I was thinking about replacing our living room fan with a different fan.

I had assumed that it was a standard AC house type fan and would be a simple swap.

Is there a easy way to confirm power source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So I don't have any current issue but I was thinking about replacing our living room fan with a different fan.

I had assumed that it was a standard AC house type fan and would be a simple swap.

Is there a easy way to confirm power source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Assuming they're labeled, start by looking in your breaker and fuse panels. Mine is 120V and has a separate 120V breaker, not a 12V fuse for it's circuit.