17*5" Rims

EasyRyder

I have a question...I have a 2008 Bighorn 3370RL and I would like to know if I can replace my 16" rims with 17 1/2" rims.. will there be enough space between the axles and the finder wells. The unit has 225R75/16 and I would like to put a bigger rim and tire on it so it lifts the rear up.
Thanks.
Easy Ryder

jnbhobe

I have 17.5 wheels on our rig, you will need to know your lug size 1/2 or 9/16 that's 6K or 7K axles 215/75/17.5

SNOKING

Why would you over tire a 6k axle with LRH tire? Something does not sound right as a 225/75R16 does not have the capacity for a 6K axle. You sure you do not LT245/75R16E tires rated at 3042 lbs each? Need more info on GAWR, current tires and GVWR of the trailer. Chris

Jim.Allison

A taller rim is not necessarily going to give a higher ride height. The GY G114 is a popular tire for the 17.7 inch rims, and it is about 1 inch larger in diameter than your current tire. The GY G114 has many cousins and brothers but you will find similar diameters, Im not sure you want to spend the money on 1/2 inch ride height increase. Perhaps you should be looking for some kind of suspension upgrade. As far as your question is concerned I'm sure you have room for an additional 1/2 inch of clearance.

On my rig, I installed 17.5 HiSpec Mod 03 rims with a 0 mm offset (OEM were 0 mm offset) It put my tire 3/8 of an inch closer to the frame and 1/2 inch closer to the top of the wheel well. But those G114's come at a premium price, and are way overkill for our rigs. I love them, but I had more money than brains when I bought them. I still love them, they pull great.

There are cousins to the G-114, I think they are the Sailuns if I'm not mistaken, they carry a smaller price tag.

I have a question...I have a 2008 Bighorn 3370RL and I would like to know if I can replace my 16" rims with 17 1/2" rims.. will there be enough space between the axles and the finder wells. The unit has 225R75/16 and I would like to put a bigger rim and tire on it so it lifts the rear up.
Thanks.
Easy Ryder