2007 Fall Houston, Texas Rally - planned (Oct. 19-21 - details here)

jayc

Legendary Member
I'd like to do something in the fall and have some ideas about the rally. The RV Park that I really like is Rayford Crossing at the Woodlands, north of Houston www.rayfordcrossing.com .

I have a lot of experience through the Texas Boomers with setting up rallies, so lets see a show of hands of those interested.

jayc

Legendary Member
The weekend of the 19th-21st of October will be cooler weather, so why don't we plan on that weekend.

The dealer that I bought my trailer from is only about 5 miles from the park, so I am going to ask him to come out on Saturday for a maintenance seminar, and maybe he'll do some repairs on site? No guarantee there, but I'm sure he will do a seminar.

Would anyone be interested in hearing a DPS Trooper talk about drivers licenses and weights? If so, I'll try to get one for Saturday afternoon.

jayc

Legendary Member
I sent an email to the park to reserve 10 sites so it looks like a go weekend.

Attendees will be:
1. Jay & Stella Coffman
2. Osims (Bill and Ornell)
3. Tom of Ypsi (Tom and Judy Atkinson)
4. Allgyer
5. Midastouch (Lynne)
6. GregH (Greg Hullinger)
7. hjdiamond2 (Howard Diamond)
8. v92c Tony Stewart
9. kakampers (Ken and Kathy)
10. Ray letourneau (Ray and Lin Letourneau)
11. waccajs (William & Carolyn Schuette)
12. Jim Beletti
13. seamo (Christina and Bob Seaman)
14. liesl s (Liesl & Tommy)
15. kathyo (Warren and Kathy)
16. Dodge2500 (Celia and Larry)
17. Tom and Sandy Pearcy
18. Terry and Carol Hershberger
19. jmgratz (Jim and Sheila Gratz)
20. Bob Stewart
21. sjrellis (Saturday only)

Last edited:

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Which Weekend?

After looking through both threads on this rally, I don't see a specific weekend decision. I have plans for the first weekends in September and October, but other than that I'd be interested in the Houston area rally.

jpmorgan37

Jayc;
We would definitely try to make it but can't commit on a specific date until we get our new "work" schedule for next winter. Most of the dates that you have chosen would work for us depending on our new schedule.
John

jbeletti

Website with details for this rally

Visit the Heartland Owners Club Rally website for details on this rally.

As Jay further develops this rally, those details will be added to the rally website.

Jim

GregH

Jay,
I will call tomorrow and book a reservation in October for the rally. Thanks for putting this together. Lyn and I look forward to meeting others that have Heartland units.

We pick up our Bighorn 3570 from Butch in Knoxville at the end of next week. He called today saying Heartland finished building it today and it is in their parking lot waiting for pick-up by Butch's driver. By the time they take it back to Knoxville and put on a few more options, it should be ready in about one week. We can't wait.

Sounds like you bought yours from Camperland in Conroe. I tried there but couldn't make it work, so will head to Tennessee and enjoy a mini-vacation.

Midastouch

GregH ...

Congrats on your new Bighorn .... we did exactly the same thing! Looked local but was fortunate to find out about Butch and Karen in Knoxville and planned a little vacation around the purchase/pickup.

Have a great time and safe trip and see ya in October!

jayc

Legendary Member
Hey there Eduardo37, the dates have been set for October 19-21st. I hope you can make it!

Midastouch. I hope your schedule allows you to come too.

Greg, I have made reservations for 10 sites for this weekend, so when you just show up at the park and tell them you're with the Heartland rally and they will put you in with our group.

As the list continues to grow, I will add more sites.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Houston

October is a long way off to make commitments, but I will definitely hold that weekend open if I'm anywhere within driving distance, (two days). I'll know more as the time gets closer.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin & I are planning on returning to Corpus Christi this fall so this rally might be doable for us. We are going to look into workcamping next winter also so depending on the outcome??? If we get work in a different area we won't make the rally. If we go to Corpus, we'll be there. Thanks

jayc

Legendary Member
I spent this weekend at Rayford Crossing on a second shakedown for my Bighorn 3055 and while there, I increased my total to 20 sites.

I spoke with Stan,the owner of Camperland in Conroe, where I bought my trailer and he said that he will be in contact with his past customers to try and get them to come.

v92c

Texan
Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to make it. Maybe next year. I have to work on that weekend this year.

Tony Bellville Texas

jayc

Legendary Member
Tony,
Sorry you won't be able to make it, but there's always next year. We go there all the time with the Boomers, so we might be able to hook up with you there at another time.

Jay

jfrench

Hello everyone. I run the sales Office for a local dealer in Houston. I am and have been a huge supporter for heartland for a long time now. If there is anyway I can help please let me know. If you would like I can contact our past customers and invite them. We help around 10 people a month join the heartland family so there maybe a few that would love to come. If you need anything else too please let me know. I understand there is another dealer in this area that you may already be working with. The last thing I want to do is step on there toes. So if they already have things work out for you I understand.

Thanks Joe French

jayc

Legendary Member
Hey Joe,
That would be great if you want to contact your customers and let them know about this rally. Just have them log onto this forum and join up, it's free, and then they can sign up to come to the rally. We still have plenty of spaces left, so tell 'em to come on down!

jayc

Legendary Member
We have found a dealer to sponsor our rally in October! My dealer, Camperland RV in Conroe Texas has agreed to sponsor our rally by furnishing a meal and putting on a clinic and/or a minor repair service for those that attend.

I think this is a great start for our rally and am looking forward to meeting everyone.

happyrover

JayC, Will pick-up our new 2008 Landmark Grand Canyon from Butch & Karen at RVS for less in 3-4 weeks. Will be attending the Rally at Goshen in May-June, then head back west for completing the Lewis and Clark Trail. Have no winter plans at this time, but Houston sounds pretty good. Would like to join up with you folks as we travel down the road. Is the Houston area a good winter over area? Talk with you soon. Mel & Nina Harrison

jayc

Legendary Member
Mel & Nina,
I think that the Houston area is great, but I'm prejudiced! We'd love to have you come to our rally in October.

iefpro01

Can someone from Dallas area come to the Houston Rally??? It will have to be in Septemeber before I can be sure I can make it, but I am sure we can get a spot... Havea 24 day vacation scheduled late august-early Septemebr. DW may be done with the RV life style by then - LOL.