2007 Fall Houston, Texas Rally - planned (Oct. 19-21 - details here)

jayc

Legendary Member
Sandra,
I added you to our list for Saturday and sent the list in to the park so they can check off the arrivals.

There has been a glitch in getting the local dealers to provide service techs for us at the rally. This problem is still being worked on, but hopefully it will be worked out by the time we arrive. We're sorry that this has come up but it's something we have no control over.

soilmovers

I just realized the rally is next weekend! We are working north of Spring- and east of Huntsville- not too far.
Hopefully, we can come on down Saturday for the day- without the Bighorn- it would be great to meet everyone.
Do you need a confirmation?

jbeletti

That's the beauty, I think, of the Regional/Chapter rallies is they are more informal and less structured. And that leaves the wagon masters plenty of flexibility. Whereas the National Rallies have more structure, have more organized events, caterers, vendors, require detailed logistics etc.

If anyone else plans to be in the area or can otherwise swing by, with or without a trailer, please "come on down!".

I'll even add that if we have a few non-Heartland product owners that are considering a Heartland product and want to know more, first-hand, we'd be more than pleased to show you some Heartland hospitality. Consider stopping by, ask for Jay Coffman or Jim Beletti, introduce yourself and have some informal chats with some friendly Heartlanders and maybe learn a bit more about the company and the products.

See y'all on Friday!

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well...still sitting here in Dallas...in a hotel since last Tuesday. Lippert showed up and made repairs, unfortunately nothing changed, still have excessive movement in the sidewall. Dealer is going to remove the front part of the outer wall on the ODS (Lippert changed their mind and made us tow it to a dealer...when we did the gelcoat cracked above bedroom slide up to the roof) and an aluminum welder is going to look and see what else is broken and needs welding in there.

Hope this all happens in the next couple of days and we can get back on the road...we are now starting our 4th week of being stuck here...AND WE REALLY WANT TO MAKE THE RALLY!!! Hope to see you all next weekend...keeping our fingers crossed!

jayc

Legendary Member
Ken and Kathy, we all are hoping that you get everything fixed and are able to make it down for the rally. If nothing else, we'll have a drink in your honor if you don't make it. It's about a four hour drive down to the park, so even if the trailer isn't ready, stay in a motel in Houston and come on over! We'll leave a light on for ya.....

GregH

Name tag info

Jay,
Thanks for all of the work you have done to get the rally together. Lyn and I will be there on Friday as planned. I am just catching up on the rally news as we have been out of town and moved residences. One item I see that I did not do is provide name tag info to you. If not too late, ours is Greg and Lyn. See you on Friday.

jayc

Legendary Member
Hey Greg,
Jim printed up the name tags this weekend and will be bringing them to the rally. We'll be there Thursday night, waiting to meet everyone.

I drove up to the park this past weekend to meet some friends that had come back from a trip and were staying there for the weekend. There was a Landmark with some tire blowout damage on the left side that was in the park, but they left before we had a chance to chat with them.

The weatherman is predicting good weather for us this weekend, so here's hoping he's right!

jayc

Legendary Member
Okay boys and girls, one last change.....

Camping World has stepped up and will be sending a tech to do minor service to our rigs at the park on Saturday.

This is good news, and hopefully everything will go off without a hitch

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After opening up the upper deck area, and Lippert adding extra support and new steel, we headed to Elkhart to have the factory take care of the sidewall issues. Unfortunately we won't be able to make the rally...everybody have fun and have a drink for us!!! Maybe we'll catch up with everybody at a later date...

jayc

Legendary Member
Ken and Kathy, sorry you can't make it. We'll have another rally and maybe you'll be able to make it. Be careful on the looooong drive to Elkhart.

We'll be at the park later this afternoon, so we'll see everyone soon.

Mariposa

rally

jacy
We are ready to hook up and move in the morning. Shouldn't take too long from New Caney.
Grace is doing so much better. Her last chemo was almost 3 weeks ago. The last two were hard on her.
looking forward to 11-98 everyone
I did call the park and told them we were coming.
Bob and Grace

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
We are having fun around Jay's campsite. Still time to come on in and be with us.

sjrellis

It was nice to meet those of you that I met today. I also enjoyed the round table discussion. I wanted to go back to the "tour" at 3, but was unable to. Enjoy the campfire tonight!

Sandra

jbeletti

Hi Sandra,

Glad you guys could stop by today. Campfire was nice tonight. Maybe catch you next year - same place, same time.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Houston Rally

Thanks Jim and Jay for a great Houston Heartland Rally. We enjoyed meeting other Heartland owners and look forward to next year. The food was great, the coversation great, new friends great and the sponsors (Camperland, Camping World, Heartland, and Rayford Crossing) were great. A special thanks to our hosts Rayford Crossing RV Park in The Woodlands (Houston, Tx) as they have a 5+ park. Jay our wagonmaster, Jim and the folks from Heartland Manufacturing are great too. Those of you that missed the rally we hope to meet you at the next one. Again...thanks
Jim and Sheila Gratz
"Have Road, Will Travel"
07 Landmark Golden Gate
99 Ford F350 crew cab lwb
Trinity TxNone

jbeletti

Hi Jim and Sheila,

I had a great time too! Hope to see you guys at another rally. Maybe Branson?? But for sure next year - same place, same time.

Jim

v92c

Texan
Thanks

We had a great time and met some wonderful people. We look forward to seing you all again.

Tony and Brenda

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Jay for your efforts that made this rally a huge sucess. Thanks also to Jim Beletti for making the trip and your contribution. It was great to meet Ray Robinson and learn a bit more about Heartland. Thanks to Camping World and Camperland for bringing out demo trailers and food and service etc. This was a blast and we have it in the plan for next year. Darn, that's a long way off! Lin & I are staying here at Rayford for a few more days to see some sights and relax a bit. Rayford Crossing RV Park is a class act.