2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

dsavoie

dsavoie

Jay,

I received an email from Joe French at Camping World informing me of the fall Texas Rally. I've been meaning to join the Heartland Owners organization for some time and it seemed like a good time to do so. I have made our reservations and will staying in site #79. Looking forward to meeting and making new friends.

jayc

Legendary Member
dsavoie, I'll be glad to add you to our list. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

If you don't mind, PM me with your personal information, etc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jay, Lin & I should be in on Wednesday the 15th. How big is the list now? I think it's gonna be a great group :D

jayc

Legendary Member
Ray, I think you're right about having a great group in October. There are 17 signed up, but of course, two of those are living at the park full time. We still have 10 more spaces to fill.

I have not decided yet whether to come up Wednesday or Thursday.

jayc

Legendary Member
Berry and Janet Sanders signed up by email. We've still got plenty of spaces left so come on down.

kathyo

Houston Fall Rally

Jay, please sign up Kathy & Warren for the Rally. I just called and got reservations for us in spot #96 for Oct. 15th thru 20th. We are so looking forward to being there this time in our new 2009 Bighorn. Last October we were there in our little Kodiak 17ft trailer. I can not belive that we finally got our Bighorn. It has taken us all most a year to sell the houseboat and get the Bighorn. We can not wait to see everyone again.

Kathy & Warren Feray

Ray LeTourneau

Kathy & Warren, Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland Family. Lin & I were at Rayford last year and remember meeting you. We'll be there again this year. See you then. Enjoy the new Bighorn and travel safe.

jayc

Legendary Member
Kathy and Warren,
I'll be glad to add you to the list, and welcome to the Heartland family. See you soon.

jbeletti

Rayford Crossing RV Resort - Wins another 10-10-10 from Good Sam

I won't make it there this fall to join y'all :(

But for those of you who will call this rally your first visit to Rayford Crossing, you are in for a treat. The Good Sam Club just gave Rayford Crossing another 10-10-10 rating - a perfect score!

I have been there twice and it is a great CG. Treat yourself and join in on the Heartland fun at Rayford Crossing this October.

And check out the article on the Perfect 10s in this month's Highways Magazine.

Jim

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim,
We're going to miss you at the rally but we'll try to have some fun anyway. We met Berry and Janet Sanders this weekend and had a nice visit with them. They will fit right into our group.

I got a copy of our agreement with the park and we are locked in for a $27.00 rate which can be extended to the days before the rally. Unfortunately for us, there's a big expensive motorhome rally coming in the day after we leave, so we'll all have to go somewhere else.

Those of you that have not been to Rayford yet will be amazed at what we get for $27.00. It is by far the nicest park in Houston and run by the nicest staff you've ever met.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We are looking forward to seeing everybody there again. We have our Margarita mix standing by and ready. (Sorry your going to miss that Jim. Guess I will have to get your share ROFLMAO) Hopefully it will be cool enough to have one of those famous campfires.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Forgot to say Congratulations to Rayford Crossing for their 101010. Good Sam didn't have to tell us that. We already knew.

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim and Sheila,
I've got my portable fireplace in the trailer now in hope that it will cool off enough to have a campfire. We're ready for some cool weather!!

JimandSina

Jay,
Sina and I have been able to clear our calendar and will be able to attend, please add us to your list, I made reservatoin today for the Rally, look forward to meeting you there.
Jim

jayc

Legendary Member
Jim and Sina, I've added you to the list. I also called the park and reserved a cabin for Ray Robinson, our Heartland Representative.

I also learned that we have a total of 30 sites reserved. This means that we have a total of 12 sites still available. The park has said that if we need to cancel any unused sites or anyone that must cancel, must do so within 72 hours of the rally date or the club will have to pay for one night's stay. This is pretty standard practice, and we hope that no one has to cancel, but these are the rules.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jayc...haven't chimed in in awhile...just want to let you know we still plan on being there. Made a reservation along time ago.

Sorry to hear my "bro" Jim won't be there...guess we'll just have to have a cold one for him. See you all soon...

Kathy and Ken

jayc

Legendary Member
Ken and Kathy,
We can't wait for the rally time to come around. Of course, right now we're all sweating out hurricane Gustav but COME ON OCTOBER!!!
Cooler weather and no hurricanes......

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jayc
If you were here with us you might need your jacket at the campfires.
We are Woodhaven RV near Halifax NS, Canada. It is 1am in the morning and it is 57* outside and 67 in the BH. We have to head back to the US on Tuesday to attend a wedding in Austin on Oct. 10th. When the Wedding is over we will be moving to Raford Crossing on the 13th and be ready for the Rally.

We have been in Canada for almost a month. Have had limited internet, no Cell Phone, (0.56 per minute), and almost no TV except over the air and have been watching the Canadian Olympics.

This is a great country and a great people here. Everyone has been kind and easy to talk to.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Ray LeTourneau

Bob & Patty, have a safe and uneventful trip south. We'll see you at the rally. Lin & I have only tent camped in Canada when we took a trip around Lake Superior on our motorcycle. They have a great Provincial Park System. See you in Houston!

jayc

Legendary Member
Bob and Pat,
By this time next year, we should be in Colorado where it's much cooler than it is down here, and they DON'T HAVE HURRICANES! We didn't have any rain and no winds at all, so we dodged a bullet. Of course, there's three more out there swirling around.....

Come on October.....