2008 Southwest Regional Fall Rally Date/Location is set!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jim...glad to hear things went better than expected, and wish you a really quick recovery!

See you next time...Kathy and Ken

kakampers

We had a great time too! Oh yes...we got the other chair and what a nightmare. Long story short...we got there to pick it up, they quickly brought it out to put in my car while I was in ladies room. Basically gave me no chance to really check it out, however, it looked fine. Big Mistake!! Drove all the way to Valley...went to take it out of the car about 8.30 that night to find that the one arm was broken away from the frame!!!

It's been a real battle with LaZBoy...only way to get it replaced was to go all the way back to Houston, as all LaZBoy stores are franchises...didn't know that. Had to end up having my brand new, $800 chair repaired!! Not happy...don't think I'll ever buy LaZBoy again...very disappointed in what we thought was a quality company.

Oh Well...that's the kind of luck we have.

Ray Robinson

Landmark and Bighorn Sales
Hi Everybody! I wanted to tell you all how much I enjoyed seeing all of you again! Its very very nice (and necessary) to see first hand from time to time what real RV'ing and RV'ers are all about! I, and everyone at Heartland appreciate not only your business, but the kind words you always have to say about our product, and the support you put forth via the Owners Forum. The fellowship (and food) was super, and I certainly plan on attending all the Texas rallys I can in the future.

Thanks again to everybody for your warm hospitality. Please feel free to call me any time with any issues you may have. 574.370.4154

Ray Robinson

jbeletti

Thanks Jay.

Hey Kathy, I hear your hanging out with my pal Bonnie down in Mission. Wish I was there where it's surely warm.

Jim
Recovering, freezing and out of Rescue Tape in Chicago

jayc

Legendary Member
Kathy,
Sorry to hear of your bad service from Lazy Boy. So far, all the LB chairs we have owned have done very well, but like anything, bad service can reflect badly on a business.

Jim, the weather is Chamber of Commerce perfect down here in Texas. Clear skies, sunny 70 degree weather with cool 50 degree nights. The only problem is that I'm at work today when there's camping to be done!

kakampers

Jim...sure are!! And boy is it beautiful!! Wish you were here...need to get Heartland to send you to the Valley...maybe to line up a new dealer or something! Is that a plea for replacement product? LOL (send me an address and I'll see what I can do about that)

Jayc....that weather sounds great...it's a good bit warmer here though. Last few days its been in the high 80's to low 90's. I expected alot more from LaZboy. Sure was disappointing. It's all fixed now but the hassle was really rediculous for a nationally recognized company...and I shouldn't have to have a brand new, $800 dollar chair fixed...they should have shipped a replacement to one of the furniture stores in the Valley that sells their product...but they flatly refused! Oh Well...

kathyo

To everyone:
We had a great time at the Rally. It was great meeting new people and seeing the ones we met last Oct. This rally was special for Warren and I, because we were in our new Bighorn we felt like family. Everyone was so nice and helpful. We hope to make the next one.
Thanks to Ray Robinson for all his help and understanding. It is so great for someone from Heartland to be there for us to talk to and work things out.
Thanks to Joe French from Camping World for all his help at the Rally and at Camping World after the rally. Thank you very much for seeing that we were taken care of at Camping World on warranty work.
Thanks to Dean for all the work he did at the Rally and Camping World. Dean guess what, the air bags are not staying up. Warren said that they are losing air.
Kathy, sorry about you second Lazyboy Chair. Can you send them a copy of the receipt for the repair and see if they will give you the money back.
Thanks again to everyone for all the fun.None
Kathy & Warren

cjbearden

Visitor
Hi everyone,

Thank you Jay and Stella for your wonderful hospitality. We enjoyed meeting old friends and new ones. Happy to see the variety of rigs at the Fall Rally. I think we all made a fantastic showing. Shame on you Bob Curry for that horrible surprise in the door picture!:D Thank you for the great pictures of the rally and the special ones of our Landmark and Dodge truck.

Kakampers, sorry to hear about the Lazboy experience. We bought one in March before beginning FT. Never did feel right to me and didn't seem to be the quality I have come to expect from Lazboy. We bought ours in Little Rock, AR so when we got to Rockport TX, we decided to go over to Monroe's Furniture, the local Lazboy dealer. They were very helpful and agreed to call us as soon as the Lazboy rep came to their store. They were true to their word and we took our chair in so the rep could see what was needed. It has been about 6 weeks since we started this process and we were gone for 3 weeks from the area. On the 20th, we went to Monroe's to see if the parts had arrived. Some 'clips' had arrived so we let their tech come pick up our chair in Aransas Pass. Called back a couple of days later - stlll working on it. J.D. goes in person Friday to learn they did indeed needed to order more parts!! They were nice enough to give us a loaner while we wait. We shall see now just how good they are to us. Still unhappy with the very soft arms and poor stuffing of our wallhugger recliner though. The loaner is a rocker recliner and there is a definite difference. Found out our purchase (in a 2 for 1 sale) was really intended for a dorm room. We may just see what Monroe's will do for a trade! Stay after Lazboy and make them live up to their advertising. Enjoy Mission. Enjoyed meeting you guys and getting to pick up some Rescue tape.

Safe travels to all and God Bless.

kakampers

Thanks for all the kind words about our problem with LaZboy.

Kathyo...they did pick up the repair cost. We did not put out of pocket, it's just disheartening to have to repair such an expensive piece of furniture from day-one.

CJ...know what you mean. Our previous loveseat recliner seemed to be made much sturdier than these chairs. Guess only time will tell. Glad you were able to get JD his Rescue Tape.

Hopefully we'll see everyone next year.

jbeletti

Rally Pictures

Pictures taken by and/or given to Bob Curry for the 2008 Fall Houston Rally have been moved into the Rallies-2008 folder on H.O.G. and can be found at this link.

Thanks for the pics Bob!

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks Jim
I have to apologize for the quality of the photos. I was preparing them to be uploaded and when I started converting them they over wrote the originals and I could not retrieve the full size images. Trying to work to fast and did not do a back up first..

I enjoyed the rally am looking forward to the ones next year. I hope to be able to make them.

Jayc You gave us the dates for next year at the meeting. Would you post them in this forum so we can put the dates on our calendar?

We plan to go to south Texas in the early part of next year. Hope to find some of you and maybe we can stay close by for a few days and visit..
We hope everyone has safe travels and may God bless you all.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Information Update

Ray;
I know you have been pretty busy but have you been able to make any progress on the individual problems you noted at the rally. For us the couch coushions were frayed and the message board missing. An update would be nice.

Thanks again for attending

Tom and Marti
Hi Everybody! I wanted to tell you all how much I enjoyed seeing all of you again! Its very very nice (and necessary) to see first hand from time to time what real RV'ing and RV'ers are all about! I, and everyone at Heartland appreciate not only your business, but the kind words you always have to say about our product, and the support you put forth via the Owners Forum. The fellowship (and food) was super, and I certainly plan on attending all the Texas rallys I can in the future.

Thanks again to everybody for your warm hospitality. Please feel free to call me any time with any issues you may have. 574.370.4154

Ray Robinson

Ray Robinson

Landmark and Bighorn Sales
Hey Tom and Marti !!

I actually have the message board here in my office, and some new style latches for the sliding glass closet doors - didn't you want some of those as well?

As for the sofa cushions, I've asked purchasing to send me new covers in Emerald Petina - that's the light green diamond pattern that you have, right? I should know something on those very soon and was planning to ship all the stuff together once I got the covers. I will call purchasing in the morning, and if the covers aren't going to come in pretty soon I'll go ahead and UPS ship the message board to you. Sorry this has taken so long.

I hope you're both doing well, it was great visiting with you!

Ray

TomMar

Quality Heartland Support - Again

None
Ray;
Thanks for the response. As always the Heartland support is superb. You are correct we wanted the upgraded latches. Go ahead and hang on to all of it and ship it together.

We have been offline a few days and are now camped out at Liesure Camp RV Park in Fentress, Texas. The neat part is that another BH is parked about 3 slots down from us. We've invited them to the Spring Rally at Rayford.

Take care

Tom and Marti
Hey Tom and Marti !!

I actually have the message board here in my office, and some new style latches for the sliding glass closet doors - didn't you want some of those as well?

As for the sofa cushions, I've asked purchasing to send me new covers in Emerald Petina - that's the light green diamond pattern that you have, right? I should know something on those very soon and was planning to ship all the stuff together once I got the covers. I will call purchasing in the morning, and if the covers aren't going to come in pretty soon I'll go ahead and UPS ship the message board to you. Sorry this has taken so long.

I hope you're both doing well, it was great visiting with you!

Ray

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom & Marti, Lin & I spent a month in that park 2 years ago. The park is actually pretty nice. I didn't like the access road in and not much for close by shopping either. It was very quiet too which was nice.

TomMar

Ray;
We've been off line a couple of weeks so we just got your note. Boy that is a big 10-4 on the road into Raiford, but once we got there we really enjoyed it, especially the quiet. Raiford is only a few miles from our home so we look at it a a quick getaway because it is worlds away from the normal everyday chaos.

Until we cross paths on the road or in the parks, y'all take care.

Tom, Marti & our two fur balls Yai-Chi and Angel :):eek:

Tom & Marti, Lin & I spent a month in that park 2 years ago. The park is actually pretty nice. I didn't like the access road in and not much for close by shopping either. It was very quiet too which was nice.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray;
We've been off line a couple of weeks so we just got your note. Boy that is a big 10-4 on the road into Raiford, but once we got there we really enjoyed it, especially the quiet. Raiford is only a few miles from our home so we look at it a a quick getaway because it is worlds away from the normal everyday chaos.

Until we cross paths on the road or in the parks, y'all take care.

Tom, Marti & our two fur balls Yai-Chi and Angel :):eek:
Hey Tom, I wasn't referring to Rayford Crossing. I saw your post that you were at Leisure Camp in Fentress. That's the park I was refering to when I mentioned the access road. I certainly wouldn't want to steer anyone away from Rayford Crossing. Maybe we'll see you there in April.