2008 Southwest Regional (Houston, TX) Spring Rally - Being Planned...

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I can see that Bob and that camera are going to be kept in mind this weekend. At least he got my best side. :p

TexYa

2008 Southwest Regional (Houston, TX) Spring Rally

Hi again,
Yes, I figure that Bob will be able to blackmail us with his camera too.....
I'm so glad to know that he's actually going to take shots of our BEST side because we would really hate for him to break his camera. :D

I'm having such a hard time trying to pick just the right arrival music... it HAS to be perfect and we both have to AGREE. ;)

I haven't figured out what to fix for the Potluck dinner yet or which one of us is actually fixin' it... but we'll bring something.

See ya tomorrow after work,
Cary

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. We will be ready.. but we have to be able to hear the music loud and clear. Something Strong. No Mary had a little lamb, either.. LOL

TexYa

We STILL haven't decided on a song........ I said Top Gun would be perfect but he objected... then I thought Chrome was pretty good but again he said nope. I've got a couple of songs to blow us all out of the water but nope, he said that's not good either....

See what a problem this is getting to be? I'm gonna end up having to play the radip and that will make him nervous and he will end up turning it off anyway....... some weekend this is turning out to be.
OK, got to get back to work,
Cary

truknutt

Committed Member
Y'all have fun down there!

With exception of some Scattered T-storms on Monday, the weather looks pretty good for your outting according to The Weather Channel / Weather.com.

Remember because the rest of us are living vicariously through you,

:D:D WE WANT PICTURES!:D:D

jimtoo

You ask for pictures, so here are a couple.

HeartlandHouston08007.jpg

Expert advice and help being given.

HeartlandHouston08009.jpg

Good food and lots of good company and fellowship.
Sorry you guys are missing a great time.

cjbearden

Visitor
Had A Great Time

None

Jay and Stella, thanks for being such wonderful hosts and great planners. Great Biscuits!!!

J.D. and I thoroughly enjoyed this rally and all the wonderful people we met. Sorry guys that you had to put up with a lot of BS from DH but thanks for the rest it gave me!! :D

Great to see Jim and Nancy again. Hope to see everyone again in the Fall and maybe even sooner as we travel around to the various campgrounds. Thanks to the many cooks for the fabulous potluck.

God Bless and Happy Travels
C.J.

jayc

We made it home safely and without drama. We're glad that everyone had a good time and are looking forward to the International rally in Branson and the next Houston rally in October.

jimtoo

Thanks to Jay and Stella for hosting a great rally. We enjoyed meeting all the others and just chilling out.

Jim and Bette

PS, We went to Lone Star room with Diamonds about 6pm to have sandwiches and salad and guess what, evidently the park or someone had gone in and cleaned out the fridge. It was completely empty.

Oh well, all the food was good, before it disappeared.

jbeletti

Jim,

Nancy and I also had a great weekend. Great job Jay and Stella!

By the way, Jay and Stella had to clean out the frig after the rally. The rules. The next group needs the room I believe. I think we put a big hurt on that ham at breakfast and we killed it.

Jim

Forrest Fetherolf

Sound like the Southwest Regional Rally was a success.......rest up...... you are all invited to the Nevada Rally in Las Vegas Sept. 26-28 at the Oasis RV Resort. So far, 10 Heartland owners are interested and Jim B. will be there. There are a lot of fun things around Las Vegas in addition to meeting other Heartland owners.

www.oasislasvegasrvresort.com

If interested.....PM me, or post on the Nevada Chapter, or phone me 702-823-5580.

Start making your plans now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forrest

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hello all,
Sheila and I had a great time at the Houston Rally. It was great to see old (not by age) friends and make new ones. Seems like the Heartland crew is growing by leaps and bounds. Maybe soon they will have to have an empty park to hold all of us. Thanks Jay and Stella and Jim and Nancy for organizing a wonderful Rally. The Campfires were great and hope we didn't disturb too many non-Heartlanders. If we did then they will just have to get on board. We are looking forward to the October Rally and seeing many more Heartlanders at National in Branson. An thanks to Rayford Crossing for being such great hosts and Camping World for their take-homes (I needed another hat).
See Ya
Jim & Sheila
07 Landmark
99 Ford F350
PS Penny says hello to Jim B.

talley

Our first rally and Diane and I had a great time . We are sure to join in others the coming months. Even got some good advice on correcting a lingering problem we have been having with our shower door dragging on the bottom threashold. Enjoyed visiting with others and their experiences along routes we are planning to visit in June on our first trip Rving to Califorina.

A special treat was meeting with Jim and Bette, and during the conversation realizing that we had graduated high school together in 1957, W.B. Ray High School in Corpus Christi. Fifty-one years later and we are both just as handsome as we were then... ;-]

Thanks to Jay for the great job of coordination and to Jim for traveling to Texas for the visit. It was really an added-value to a great gathering.

jayc

We're glad everyone made it home okay, or for the full-timers, wherever the wheels stop....

I'm also glad to have had the 1957 class reunion too.

jfrench

I just like to say thank you very much for letting me come. It was great seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I have not eaten that well since thanksgiving.