2009 Rally North American Heartland Owners Rally – Goshen, Indiana - June 11-14, 2009

Tom of Ypsi

Bobcat,
Glad to see you are going to be at the rally. Do Winter Texans count as being part of the Texas contingent? Got my bib all cleaned up after the last rally ready to start eating all over again.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey...count us in as part of the Winter Texan Contingent...this is shaping up to one heck of a party!!:)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it looks like I am about ready to go.. If everything goes right we will arrive on Monday the 8th. Plans to have the Mor/Ryde IS and DB installed is scheduled for June 1st.

Just had a thought.... We are in 436. Is that on asphalt, concrete, grass, gravel or what??

cjbearden

Visitor
Bobcat

Grass/Gravel combo. Be sure to bring plenty of water hoses and sewer line - utilities are at the back of the parking area. Best wishes for your safe travels.

C.J.

Howzit

I'd love to attend but what's the deal with the extra $100 for 2 extra people - With 4 kids am I automatically disqualified? :D

Last edited:

Howzit

I'd love to attend but what's the deal with the extra $100 for 2 extra people - With 4 kids am I automatically disqualified? :D

...maybe I should rephrase - Is a party of two adults and 4 kids :eek: welcome and if so what is the cost?

Thanks,
Neal

jbeletti

Hi Neal,

Some cost items for the rally are fixed. But many cost aspects of the rally have "per person" costs associated with them. Some examples are:

• Meals (on-site, off-site and catered meals)
  • Rally T-shirts
  • Rally ID Badges
  • Bus Transportation
  • Tour (RV/MH Hall of Fame/Museum)
  • Rental of tables/chairs
  • Table Service
As such, there is a $50 per person fee beyond 2 people and a rig. Only you will be able to determine the value of the rally to your family vs. the cost.

We hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
...maybe I should rephrase - Is a party of two adults and 4 kids :eek: welcome and if so what is the cost?

Thanks,
Neal

Neal,
When all things are considered, 3-nights camping with full hookup, 50 amp service, many meals, entertainment, seminars, bus rentals for factory tours and the such, great chance to mingle with so many wonderful people and learning as much as you want about all of our rigs, it is really well worth the costs. You will like it alot, honest. The very first Heartland Rally was my first rally ever and it was a blast.

What ages are your kids? My girl is 15 and my boy is 13 and will both be there.

Mark

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well Heck.. I thought all Heartland Owners were Retired, Children grown and married, 4 grandchildren and were fulltime, spending their children’s inheritance.

Who'd Figure

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Kathy
Sounds great.. We will hold a spot for you. What all are you having done?

We can show off our new IS and DB with the others that have had it done. BTW.. How many have replaced their axles with the IS system.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Seminar suggestion - - - Toilet seat pitching 101

Thought it would be nice if a certain someone (Director of owners interest) could provide a seminar on proper technique for toilet seat tossing. I am sure there would be a wonderful turnout and lots of participation.

HMMMMMMMM

jimtoo

TXbobcat said:

"Hay Kathy
Sounds great.. We will hold a spot for you. What all are you having done?

We can show off our new IS and DB with the others that have had it done. BTW.. How many have replaced their axles with the IS system."

"Thought it would be nice if a certain someone (Director of owners interest) could provide a seminar on proper technique for toilet seat tossing. I am sure there would be a wonderful turnout and lots of participation.

HMMMMMMMM"

katkens-DW said:

"I think you are right Mark. Great Idea------Kathy:)"

Jim Beletti said:

"I just can't do this on command Mark :) I think we can do a video replay from Branson though!

Jim"

And I say???? How do we go from a discussion about rally parking, about axles, IS suppension, to Toilet seat tossing, :eek:or closing?,, to even maybe a VIDEO :eek: REPLAY OF IT FROM BRANSON?:eek:?????? I hope I don't see someone I know in the video.:D

This is going to be a fun rally!!!

Jim M

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Alright this is terrible...a whole week and no Rally chatter.. this is a disgrace.

We have just over 4 weeks until we get to meet each other. What a blast this will be. We didn't think we were going to get to attend the rally and the good Lord put Pat in the hospital and delayed us for 4 weeks so all you hard heads get to meet us.

Lets start a little bit of chatter..

First... I would like to suggest that everyone that is going to the Rally put in their signature the site number they are going to be staying in. I know it is already in the list. But while we are posting in different threads we can see who all is going to be in the rally and get a bit more enthusiam going. Now if I could only spell enthusiasm.

BC

osims

bsims
Bob
we are going to be back to back with you and Pat and Jay and Stella are next to us and Ray and Lin are two trailers down. I'm going to bring my 30 cup coffee pot with us, will have it out every morning. We can pick up on our visiting like we did in Houston. We are going to arrive Monday the 8th and leave early Tuesday the 16th and go to RV Capitol to have a fireplace heater installed. Ornell has wanted the fireplace since we bought the trailer.
Bill

cjbearden

Visitor
Okay, BC, I will add our site number to our signature only if you promise to bring J.D. and I some of your wonderful breakfast burritos every morning of the rally - well maybe just one morning. :)

jbeletti

OK Bob - you pot stirrer :) Actually, this is a good pot to stir. Thank you :D

I second Bob's burritos CJ!

Hey Bob - I just updated my HOP pin from Texas to home here in Streamwood, IL.

Bill - a fireplace - cool. Neat option - we love ours.

I can give everyone a few rally updates:

• Custom Work (non-repair):
    If anyone is wanting any custom work done to their coach while in town for the rally, I know a crew that has time. RV Capital Service Center is going to be slammed with business and in the event they are busy on coach repairs and someone wants some custom stuff done - this could be done elsewhere. Send me an email if anyone has an interest in this
  • Food Planning:
    I have constituted a Food Planning Team led by Karen Young. We have been corresponding all week by email and the team have a conference call on Wednesday. We have several on-site and off-site meals. Some catered, some at restaurants and others potluck etc. Lot of stuff to coordinate and shopping to be done.
  • Presentations/Seminars:
    I have been working on two full days of seminars and presentations. Friday will be Heartland suppliers presenting on user, care and maintenance. Thursday will be one or two Heartland suppliers and several other items (GPS, Forum, Chat etc.).
  • Other Meetings being Planned:
    I am planning the following meetings: Chapter Leader meeting, Chapter Members Meetings/Want-To-Be Chapter meeting, Forum Moderator meeting, Ladies Handicrafts meeting. Anyone looking for anything else?
  • Heartland Marketplace:
    I have hand-selected about 10 or so vendors to be in our Heartland Marketplace during the rally with 2 full selling days, Thursday and Friday. They will be located in our rally hall, the ECCC building in 1 section of it.
  • Agenda:
    Now that I nearly have my presentation schedule complete, I will begin laying out the agenda in Publisher and getitng it ready to send to the printer.
  • Single Page Inserts:
    I have many, many single page inserts that will be part of each rally packet. I am them all now and getting them ready to go to the printer.
  • Door Prizes:
    I have had fun the last two months, shopping for door prizes. More shopping and cataloging to do on this.
  • Arranging of stuff:
    All the big items that need to be arranged for, rented, booked etc. have been done. thinks like caterers, rental companies, entertainment, buses, golf carts, restaurants etc.
  • Signage:
    I just remembered this one :eek: I want to have some ground signs guiding people in and around the Fairgrounds. Hope I can get to this :eek:
  • Rally Service:
    This is a big thing to organize. Thankfully, I have great help. Michael Kidd created an online service request process for me - similar to what I used before (html based). Michael did it in PHP within the confines of the forum. Chuck Batcke (cbmidland) is reprising his role as data collector and analyst. He receives, logs and tracks the data once a person submits their request. He analyzes it for conformity to guidance Heartland Customer Service has given him and he gives Customer Service and myself weekly updates. Heartland Production and Customer Service has a huge role in all of this too. Customer Service will be doing all the scheduling and Production workers will be doing the actual service. RV Capital Service Center may have a couple of service personnel on-site to handle overflow.