2009 Southern California Fall Rally, Buellton, CA

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Arthur and Cindy,
We are so excited u guys are coming all the way from Lost Wages. I also counted you in for the Italian Dinner Buffet on Friday nite. Sorry about the misspelled name. It is now fixed. Thanks for calling today. We are in Gold Beach, OR heading back to CA tomorrow alive and well. Going to the Redwoods, Calistoga, Marina and 3 days in Buellton at Flying Flags to check the campground out for all of us. Then finally home on July 26th after 51 days of RVing in our Bighorn.

Everyone please check frequently the updated original rally thread as stuff changes frequently.

62cwil

Hi Larry, I would like to attend the Buellton rally arriving on saturday Nov 14th and leaving on tuesday Nov 17th. I purchased my new Eagle Ridge 29 SBRL which was delivered to me at a rally in Toppenish WA in June. My membership number is 1282. We are Charles & Joyce Wilson 7921 La Capela Ln. Carlsbad, CA. 92009

wesreed

Wes and Dale

Hi Larry, We would like to attend the rally for four days starting 11/12 - 11/15 . and sign us up for the Friday night dinner, We are Wes and Dale Reed from Ventura, Ca. We have a 2008 Cyclone 3912, Member # 1267 Would also like to bring a couple of SOB's. so that would be four for the buffet.

Wes and Dale Reed

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Hi Larry & Debbi,

Please put us down for 5 nights, arriving on Wednesday, Nov 11th and departing on Monday, Nov 16th. Dinner also for Fri night. I will PM you email addresses for our SOB friends, John/Lori and Jim/Lucy. We would also like to have them parked next to us.

We will be attending a McKenzie rally just prior to this, so it's nice that we can go from one rally to the next. LOL

We're looking forward to attending your Rally! :)

Thanks

62cwil

Buellton Rally

Larry, if possible I would also liked to be parked next to Tessi and SOB's as we all in same club and going to McKenzie Rally just prior to this one.

Charles

Buellton Rally

Larry,

If possible we would like to be parked as far away as possible from Charles Wilson and the Mitchels...

Just kidding!!!

Jim and Lucy Reed

P.S. Hopefully we won't be SOB's at that time....

Larryheadhunter

Welcome Jim and Lucy,
Glad to have you. Am I to believe you are procuring a new Heartland RV?

Btw, all sites will be first come first served at the socal rally. I will have a block of sites and please pick your own.

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Hi Larry
We're back from another trip to San Jose. Please be sure to add us and our SOBs for dinner Friday night. Also, please let us know if there is any room for more SOBs....we may have a couple more who may want to join us. Thanks! Hope your Big Horn is all fixed up now and that you are back home!

62cwil

Buellton Rally

Larry, since you are doing first come first serve vs assigned spaces I am changing my plans so I can come in and be with Tessi and her group. I will be arriving wednesday the 11th and departing on tuesday the 16th. However, on friday the 13th I will leave my rig there and drive back to San Diego for a ballgame and then return saturday morning. I will deal with Georgianna at the park and try to negoiated a lessor of a price for the one night I will be gone if possible. If not I will just pay the full price for that night rather than tow my rig back and forth for a total of 450 miles in 30 hours.

Charles & Joyce Wilson

Buelton rally

Headhunter Larry,

Please add another SOB to your rally. Our friends Art and Mary Hernandez from Ventura would like to join us.

You can lump us all together with the Mitchels, the Dawsons, and the BIG GUY.....

You might have to reserve the whole dang park...LOL

Thanks,

Jim and Lucy Reed

Larryheadhunter

Hi headhunter Jim,
How can I put this delicately. Only Heartland owners can invite one SOB to our Heartland rally as per Jim Beletti, Dir of Owners Interests, hopefully 75% Heartland owners as Heartland Mgt is donating some gifts and putting on a roundtable discussion. I heard thru the grapevine u are buying a Heartland RV, so if so i will be more than happy to add your SOB. I cannot add a SOB for another SOB. Please apprise me to update me on your situation.
Secondly, pal, its first come first served at our rally sites per mgt of flying flags that will not assign specific sites, just general area where we will located. I cannot put out cones or whatever so get the site you want and hopefully your friends will park nearby. I would like to avoid cliques in general Jim, so why don't you try mingling among the rally goers. No one will shoot squirt guns at you, or maybe they will..... I just know u want to park next to Charles like all the McKenzie SOB's, but no promises. I will be checking out flying flags on our last stop of our 51 day summer trip for 3 days to get the lay of the land on July 23rd. Maybe if I tell them you are my friend they will give me the best sites. LOL
Please excuse my directness, but PM, email or call me to discuss if you or anyone else have any questions. My email is larryheadhunter@yahoo.com and my cell is 949-306-2360.
The basic deal is this. If you are staying before our after the rally u must call and make reservations at flyingflags.com but in order to get the 20% discount all payments including the catered friday nite dinner have to be paid directly to me.

All who are attending please send me an email with your contact info, including names, addresses and cell #,s and also whether u will be attending the friday nite catered Italian buffet and for how many. I will find out when the last cancellation date is and I must receive funds by then in order for all to receive the discounts.

Saturday Night we will be having a potluck dinner and raffle for all the gifts everyone is bringing, so I would also like to know what each person is planning on bringing for the potluck so that we don't have too many food duplications.

On Sunday nite, we will be having appetizers, leftovers, and and as suggested by a socal member a burger cookoff at the main rally site. A few of us will bring over their BBQ's to my site and we should be able to have a great sunday nite dinner. If necessary for any dinner we have access to a clubhouse as well if the weather takes a dump. For everyone's info, last year on these same dates, Buellton had a high of 89 degrees and a nightime low of 48.
If any of you know of any Heartland owners, please extend an invite to this great rally we are planning. It's not often we get the opportunity to have a Heartland roundatable discussion with 2 high ranking Heartland officials so let's get more Heartlanders signed up. Limit of one SOB invited per Heartlander unless we get 75% Heartland owners to come and enjoy this weekend of fun. Please plan to stay till monday as we are trying to keep it going for sunday nite as well.
Any and all suggestions will be taken under consideration.
Remember the main thread keeps getting edited so check it out frequently.
Thanks for everyone's cooperation. Btw, why does everyone want to park near Charles? Is he a rock star or something? LOL

62cwil

Larry, for us to come early and/or stay late we need a site number. When I was wagonmaster there for a different group they gave me a block of sites and I as wagonmaster assigned them. Without a specific site (nothing to do with being next to a friend) when you call for early arrival and/or late departure even though I may pay thru you there is no guarantee to stay in same site for entire stay which means you may have to change sites in order to stay. Is this your understanding or what do we do to make sure we stay in same site?

Larryheadhunter

Hi Charles,
As a wagonmaster in the past, I was surprised at your post. We are at Flying Flags today for 3 nights and have already discussed the situation you described with their management.
The So Cal Chapter will be assigned certain sites that will be determined at a later date once we know how many sites we require. All campers who call Flying Flags to make their reservations for before or after the rally dates Nov 13-15, leaving the 16th, will be utilizing one of those sites, including you! Consequently, if one follows the instructions, they will be able to stay in the same site for their entire visit including the rally. Once you arrive here, you may pick any one of our sites that they assign our group. I will attempt for you, to request that I assign specific sites but I doubt they will acquiesce, but these are Flying Flags rules.
I hope that answers your questions and concerns. You can always reach me by email or cell phone for any further clarifications.

62cwil

i am surprised at your response to what I thought was a valid question. For me to travel that far I just wanted to be sure I could stay in same site. I don't see any post that answers that question. Also I figured I would ask knowing you were going to be there and could clarify and let us know.

Larryheadhunter

Hi Charles,
All questions are valid so excuse me if I was abrupt with you. I noticed you will be coming early, so Debbi and I are looking forward to meeting you and Joyce when you arrive on Nov 11th.
If you read thru the original rally thread, I said that for extra nights you should call Flying Flags directly and say you are a member of the Heartland rally so that you will be able to stay in the same site for your whole stay. To clarify, I have amended the original rally thread so there will be no future misunderstandings.
Flying Flags insists that they will assign sites upon your arrival within the Heartland bloc of sites, unless you are the wagonmaster, disabled, or will need to be situated real close to the clubhouse because you are providing heavy supplies for our activities there. Many sites have trees that may block satellite dishes, or aren't in the shade, or are problematic for specific campers. Since they plan to assign sites upon arrival, my suggestion would be to drive around the Heartland bloc of sites, and if you like a specific site number, let them know when you check in, so you can have that location if it is still available.
I hope that answers your questions, but please feel free to contact me by email larryheadhunter@yahoo.com or by cell phone 949-306-2360. Thank you for your understanding.

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
Debbi and I just met with Flying Flags management, and I have made some changes to the initial rally thread so please read it again. They have been very accomodating and are providing us ice cream dessert for the Italian Dinner Buffet on Friday night (all vegetarians please let us know who u are as they are providing for you pasta marinara), a firepit at our main rally HQ site which is now going to be a super premium site as long as we maintain 20 sites including the cottages, and 2 large BBQ's for our Sunday nite dinner at the main rally site.
They have requested that all campers please call Flying Flags at 1-877-783-5247 to reserve all their nites including the rally nites so they can keep us all in our main bloc of sites, and ensures that everyone will be at their assigned site for their entire stay. You do not have to place any deposits as all funds will be sent to me as indicated on the initial rally thread.
Will the following people please call Flying Flags to reserve their sites for their entire stay as other rallies are trying to get these high value site locations:
Marybeth Laguna
Butch and Stacy Joyner
Jim and Lucy Reed
Marty and Theresa Stewart
Bram and Sherry Arnold

Thanks everyone for their cooperation, and as more campers join the rally they should also call and reserve a spot.
While checking in to the RV park, if you wish to park near another rallygoer, let the front desk know, so they can try to place you in your site of choice. Also, since there are many trees, please be prepared to let them know the size of your rig, number of slides as well as if you wish to have a site that will not block satellite dishes. There is also a $3 dollar charge per person for more than 2 people per rig.
That's all for now. Any questions, please feel free to email, or call me anytime.
That's all for now folks.

Last edited:

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Hey Larry, hope all is going well. Sharon and I will bring some appetizers and Macaroni salad for the pot luck. Also, please include us for the Italian dinner. I will let you know about our friends. We are on the road in the Pacific Northwest and they are having a heat wave. They have had temps in the 100's for the past three days and looking at few more to come.:eek:

Butch

Headhunter Larry,

I have a question for you. As of yesterday (7-27-09) we became homeless. Can a homeless couple invite an SOB to your rally?

LOL

Jim and Lucy Reed

62cwil

Larry, I called Flying Flags and spoke to Marlyn as Georgianna was out today. I confirmed my resevations for 6 days, coming in on wednesday Nov 11 and leaving on tuesday Nov 17. I also let her know about the one day I had to leave but would just leave the rig and pay for it.