2009 Southern California Fall Rally, Buellton, CA

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi headhunter Jim,
As long as you own a Heartland RV, you may invite an SOB. Since you are homeless, you might want to check with all your good buddies at Heartland and McKenzie, to see who has an empty bedroom LOL. Or you could live fulltime in your brand new Bighorn 3055 that you are looking to buy. Btw, how is that going? Sold your old RV and now ready to rock? Good luck buddy.

Larryheadhunter

Hi Charles, It's amazing you can think at all in that hot sun in Arizona.
I need to go thru everyone's emails, PM's and posts to determine who owes what for all for their sites and for the dinner. Hopefully, everyone will add correctly and come up with the amount they owe for the rally. If you and everyone else does that soon, please send checks for the full amounts. If you want to check the amount with me, please email me at larryheadhunter@yahoo.com
Charles, enjoy the rest of your vacation with your grandson and I hope your grandson's fav team wins them all.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hello to all, first I would like to thank Larry and Debbi for all their work on the rally. Pat and I cannot make it but we both hope that you all have a great time. As to the reason, we had a gentleman at work have a heart attack 5 weeks ago. We did not know if he could come back to work. Well as of 2 weeks ago he did retire. This being the case, I now have to work his shift. I now work 5 days a week. So for us to join the party now and with Pats work hours, we could not leave until 7PM or later Friday night. We would be very late getting to the CG and would have to leave very early on Sunday morning to get home. We at this point just don't have the luxury of just going when we want. Again, we are sorry we can't join you. There is nothing we can do about it. I have been in contact with Larry and I hope he understands why we are not coming. I will send Larry the club banner so it will be there. We are hoping to see most of you in October in Jackson. Bob and Patty:cool:

Larryheadhunter

Bob,
Debbi and I are really sorry you and Patty will be unable to attend the SoCal rally in Buellton this November. It is a large loss to all of us not to have our SoCal Chapter Leader present, and we hope conditions change at the last minute and you can take some time off and join us, but we all understand the situation and wish you both well. We will toast both of you, and look forward to seeing you guys at the Jackson rally in October and having a great time there.

DW_Gray

Hi Larry and Debbi, I sure wished Amy and I could make it. That's just 30 minutes down the road from my house. You'll love the place in Buellton. I just picked up my RV today from Iversen Motor RV Repair in Santa Maria. I finally got the front air conditioner replaced. Now all the repairs are complete. We will start packing up next week and leave on the 19th. By the first of November, we plan to be in NC to visit family and friends and I'll be hunting with my Dad. I'll let you all know my travel log web address when it's ready. Man, I've got get real busy now.

Larryheadhunter

Jim,
You can always bring an SOB with you when you are homeless, as long as you are a proud new owner of a Heartland RV. LOL

Last edited:

NorthCal Bob

Hi Larry, My name is Bob Sargent and my wife's name is Frances but goes by the name of "Bo". We are interested in attending the rally in Buelleton. We own a 2009 Heartland Bighorn, 3055RL and with a 2003 Chevy 3500 dually. We live in Northern California just outside of Sacramento in Somerset, CA. We are planning on coming in on the Monday, the 9th of Nov. and leaving on the Monday, the 16th of Nov. This is our 1st rally and looking forward to meeting fellow Heartland owners and joining in the fun. We are also interested in attending the Italian dinner buffet on Friday night. Thank you.

NorthCal Bob

Buellton Rally

Larry,
Great talking to you last night, you taught me so much about how to use the forum and about the Heartland Club, thank you very much. I can see I will need to learn so much more and Bo my DW and I are anxious to meet everyone. I just confirmed our reservations at the Flying Flags in Buellton to arrive Monday November 9th and departing Monday November 16th.

Thanks Again Bob and Bo Sargent

Larryheadhunter

Bob,
It was great meeting you on the phone and welcoming you to our Socal Rally in Buellton in November and helping you to understand the Heartland Forum, which has been a great place to learn from all of our senior Heartland RVers, and I don't mean age. All Heartlanders are welcome to join in on the festivities so encourage your friends to join up. We are going to have a grand old time and looking forward to seeing everyone.

flamingknitter

I have made my reservations!! Confirmed with Flying Flags for 11/12 to 11/16 - four nights. I will be attending the Italian dinner as well. Let me know what my grand total is and I'll pop in the mail.

Thanks for all the hard work Larry!! This is shaping up to be a great get together.

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
Debbi and I are so happy we have reached 21 rigs, and 2 cottages so far booked for the November Buellton rally at Flying Flags. We are very excited and hope that attendees begin to think of some great activities that we can all share and be a part of. This weekend, we are sending out private messages to nearly 400 Heartland Forum members in AZ, CA, NV and OR about this rally - so possibly we can add 10 or 20 more rigs. Most everyone is attending the catered Italian Buffet, so far we have almost 50 people signed up. The Saturday night Potluck Dinner is going to be a great night with everyone bringing some sort of dish, (please post your addition, be it a salad, appetizer, main dish and/or dessert, so we have a breadth of tasty foods to sample. Saturday evening will also be the raffle night for gifts (everyone is bringing a $15 unwrapped raffle gift), and afterwards we will be having a great Heartland roundtable discussion with Jim Beletti, Director of Owner Interests, and Mike Moreland, West Coast Mgr. for Bighorns, and Landmarks.

On a more serious note, and I say the following not for sympathy, but only for understanding. I am undergoing a serious back operation to remove a large cyst resting on my spinal column this coming Thursday, August 24th, and will be out of commission for a few weeks, and hopefully at full strength by the time of our Socal rally. Therefore, anyone trying to contact me, please email me at my regular email address, larryheadhunter@yahoo.com and Debbi will monitor all messages. You may also post anything on this rally thread that is open to discussion for everyone. If you need to speak with Debbi or me, please call on her cell phone at 949-973-5101 until I literally am back on my feet again. Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes, and lets all work together to make this rally a great one. Now that I am down for a while, anyone wishing to assist us in preparation and during the rally itself should talk to my DW Debbi, the Wagon Madam to discuss ideas and tasks.

Also to remind anyone who is joining our rally to please do the following:

1. Make reservations directly with Flying Flags at 877.783.5247. Tell them you are with the Heartland Rally. You will "not" pay during this call. I will contact you for payment.
  2. Email me to advise me you are registered
  3. Post a Reply here on this thread telling us:
    - Who you are
    - What Heartland RV you own
    - How many are attending
    - Planned arrival and departure dates
    - Whether you plan to join us for the Friday night catered Italian Buffet
Please monitor this main rally thread for additions and changes, and thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation. When you arrive at Flying Flags you will be assigned a Heartland reserved site that fits your size rig, and accommodates your needs (ie: satellite dish reception, closeness to the clubhouse, near your friends, etc.) for your whole stay.
Peace and out.

Last edited:

beaverfan

Oregonian
We are looking forward to attending the Nov. rally in Buellton.
We will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 16th, and will
attend the Italian buffet Friday night.

Bruce & Barbara Inselman
Lebanon, Oregon
We are retired. We do not have any pets.
We have a 38' 2009 Landmark 5th wheel.

pslincs

Hey Larry,
Nice talking to you the other day, my wife and I will arrive on 11-13 and depart 11-15. The same will hold true for our SOB friends, Jon and Doreen Carpenter. We are sending you a check for $197.12. For both parties full fees. We will not be able to attend the dinner on the first night sad to say though.

Shane & Candy Greedy
'09 3950 Cyclone and our SOB friends are a 32' pull trailer RV.

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
I would appreciate everyone who hasn't sent in their site and italian dinner buffet fees for the Buellton rally to please send them to me as soon as possible. My contact info is on the main rally thread. Thanks so much in advance.

sharmulst

Larry
We will be thinking of you and keeping you in prayer during surgery and pray for a complete recovery.
We won't be able to attend the rally as we will be work camping at Ehrenburg, AZ from Oct. until Mid March. At the present we are in Cloquet, Minnesota on our way to a rally in St. Ignace, MI.

Larryheadhunter

Hi Steve and Sharon,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. Choptime is tomorrow.
I am disappointed you won't be able to attend the rally, but we will be seeing you guys on the upstroke.

jbeletti

Volunteer Wanted: Name Badges

Hey gang,

We are looking for a volunteer, that is registered for this rally, to make rally badges.

Here is what I will provide:

• Ideas
  • Coaching by phone/email
  • Template (MS-Word)
  • Reimbursement of purchased materials
Here is what I am looking for in a volunteer:

• Has the time to do this
  • Has computer skills
  • Has Microsoft Word and knows how to use it
If I have described you to a T - PM or eMail me through the forum with your name and phone number. We'll do a telephone interview to confirm the match.

Thanks,

Jim