2010 Ford F350

brunsje

Okay, you guys may NOT believe it and thats OK. My wife and I check this religiously each time we fill up and NOT with just the on-board computer, (which by the way is pretty darn accurate). But when my odometer reads 450 miles and I can only squeeze in 19 gals of fuel I am pretty darn happy!

We were on the Natchez Trace Pkwy when we got almost 30MPG. So we weren't going 65-70MPH but the posted speed limit of 50MPH!

These are SOLO not towing!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Jerry
You're talking to Ford guy's they think good fuel mileage is 14 - 15 solo and 8 - 10 towing. They can believe there is something better then what they have. Now I understand your comment about almost 30 MPG, rolling along at 50 MPH with a 2 wheel drive, it should be great mileage, however that a rare case. Your 19 gals for 450m is believable. Two items (other then engine & drive train design) kill mileage, wind resistance and rolling fiction. Keep the speed down will save fuel and keep the tires inflated. I run 95 psi in the front and 100 psi in the rear.

Jon
The old dodge is in 5th towing and 6th running solo. I know it is hard to believe for you Ford guys. Maybe that is why 6 is better then 8.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I think I figured out how to get 30 mpg in the pickup. You turn off the engine and coast down the hills. LOL

nhunter

Jerry
You're talking to Ford guy's they think good fuel mileage is 14 - 15 solo and 8 - 10 towing. They can believe there is something better then what they have. Now I understand your comment about almost 30 MPG, rolling along at 50 MPH with a 2 wheel drive, it should be great mileage, however that a rare case. Your 19 gals for 450m is believable. Two items (other then engine & drive train design) kill mileage, wind resistance and rolling fiction. Keep the speed down will save fuel and keep the tires inflated. I run 95 psi in the front and 100 psi in the rear.

Jon
The old dodge is in 5th towing and 6th running solo. I know it is hard to believe for you Ford guys. Maybe that is why 6 is better then 8.
I get 18mpg with a Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 full of stuff. P.S. not all Dodges get stellar milage.:p

2010augusta

Dodges can get 30MPG or better, it is because the odometer keeps running while they are being towed:D:D:D. Sorry I can't help myself. I looked at dodges first, but was told (by the dodge dealership) to get a ford when I told them the weight of the trailer I was planning in towing. I guess if a salesman doesn't believe in the product enough to try to convenience me it can do the job, then I was better off with a Ford all along. I love my 450! (even if it doesn't get 30MPG:p)

truknutt

Committed Member
I looked at dodges first, but was told (by the dodge dealership) to get a ford when I told them the weight of the trailer I was planning in towing. I guess if a salesman doesn't believe in the product enough to try to convenience me it can do the job, then I was better off with a Ford all along.:p)

I'm "Blue" through & through so it hurts to say this....I really don't believe it was a case of him not believing in his product. Sounds as if you may have gotten one of the few salesmen that understands weights and his product's "legal" limitations when informed what you were going to be towing, and he was honest about it. :rolleyes:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I know that I will never get good milage with my 6.4 but I'm still mighty proud of my Ford Superduty!

truknutt

Committed Member
I think we're wearing him down, Jon! Remember they have a "Little Yellow Ford Bus" in their family! :rolleyes:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ford, Dodge, Chevy Toyota who cares...what I really want is an electric truck that will tow my 5er.