2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Jim, You really don't "have to" wash the roof but...

We're going to know which one is yours :eek: in the distance shots if you don't.:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Because there's food involved, Lin & I have moved our arrival plans up to arrive Monday the 12th. We'll now be able to make the pre rally dinner.:D

Hogladyrider

Newbie Here

We are considering attending the rally, it would be our first. What takes place at a rally in general other than fellowship among other Heartland owners.

We would be using vacation time to travel to and from the rally so would need to know what to be prepared for.

Thanks.
Susan

jbeletti

Hi Susan,

You pretty much have it figured out. But let me put up a little list:

• Opportunity to meet other RVers
  • Opportunity to meet others who own the same brand and model RV as you
  • Renew friendships and create new ones
  • Make plans to RV with your friends
  • Share meals
  • Have fun
  • Learn at seminars
  • Review/buy cool stuff from a few vendors
  • Get ideas for your RV from those who have been there/done that
  • See Nashville
  • Go to the Grand Ole Opry
Jim

porthole

Retired
Not for nothing, but I would like to see the "hold" last more then another 2 days.

I have my vacation time picked but there are some issues that rear their ugly heads in my job and I was kind of counting on the February date.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Well we are Lucky #99.

One more rig and we should be full.

From the looks of it though, we are going to have to come earlier ;)

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We are considering attending the rally, it would be our first. What takes place at a rally in general other than fellowship among other Heartland owners.

We would be using vacation time to travel to and from the rally so would need to know what to be prepared for.

Thanks.
Susan

Susan,
Once you have attended one rally you'll be hooked. It will be the best time ever. We too normally have to use this as our vacation and have never regretted it.

Mark

kkamshop

Hey Jim, if you fill all the spaces, can you send folks to one of the other campgrounds nearby, or are we limited by the number the building can hold?

jbeletti

Hey Jim, if you fill all the spaces, can you send folks to one of the other campgrounds nearby, or are we limited by the number the building can hold?

Hi Ken and Kathy,

My capacity is a function of my budget. This rally will cost about $500 per rig to put on. I am collecting around $200 per rig. I have budget for 125 units. When I hit the number - I am done unless I can obtain sponsorship and 2-years running now, the supplier base has been hurting too much to help out. Great question - thanks for asking.

Jim

kkamshop

I totally understand your limitations now, thanks for the explanation.

Next year, you should contact Chevrolet as a sponsor to promote their new beefy 3500 - Ken is drooling on his keyboard reading about it !!!!

meandg

crawgator
Whew!!! I am now registered and after talking to Jim I am very exciting to be attending my first North American Rally. Can't wait to meet all of you.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wish we had a countdown clock for the Rally!

I have a cruise one on my cruise forum. I wonder if I could mod it to show an RV instead of a cruiseship? Maybe I'll tinker around with it this coming weekend. By the way - hope to meet up with you at the rally. I grew up in Arkansas; left there in 1972, but was just back there visiting family outside Pine Bluff last November.

Razorback

I have a cruise one on my cruise forum. I wonder if I could mod it to show an RV instead of a cruiseship? Maybe I'll tinker around with it this coming weekend. By the way - hope to meet up with you at the rally. I grew up in Arkansas; left there in 1972, but was just back there visiting family outside Pine Bluff last November.

Same here Boat to5er, I ve been to P Bluff more timess than I care to recall. Used to Drive a ADC Van every day from N Arkansas several years ago.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
cool Jim only 12,133,362 seconds at this time till the rally. Seems so short now.

Peace
Dave