2010 road warrior brake question

myla296

I bought this used and so about to dive in to service them. We'll also be replacing some tires.

Question:. Since they are drum brakes, what are the equivalent brake pads I can get at AutoZone or O'Reilly?. Or, where do you get yours from so I can also? (I would like to get them in person, since need to do this asap..)

Thanks for any info!. (I tired Google searching but only come up with people selling rvs or talking about the emergency brake).

jimtoo

Hi myla296,

I'm not sure what kind of price you would get from the autoparts or even if they would have the shoes for you. But Tweety's or some of the other rv parts stores... I cannot recommend Camping World,, you can get just shoes or the whole backing plate and magnets and shoes all ready to install for a really good price. Most of them have really good fast service.

Jim M

myla296

We got in to the assembly last night (we're in Texas...everything outside needs to wait until night these days!), and this is what we found. And either because we're old fashioned...or don't want to redo work by putting the wheels back on (that are getting tires anyway)...and nervous about it sitting too long on jacks...I'll look for a place in person. We'll hope for a kit that not only has the pads but also those lovely springs (because, they're not really so lovely in this case). Thanks!

2015-07-30%2021.24.43_zpsjr5rgvkt.jpg

File%20Jul%2031%207%2022%2026%20AM_zps6ycztral.jpeg

Attachments

• File Jul 31, 7 22 26 AM.jpg
    File Jul 31, 7 22 26 AM.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 13

olcoon

Like has been mentioned a couple of times already, I'd go to someplace that sells/works on utility trailers. They should have the same brake systems, and possibly cheaper than going to an RV dealer. Depending on what all you are going to do to the brakes, you might consider getting the self adjusting brakes & put on it. They'll usually come in a kit, with the shoes, springs, etc. already there & all you have to do is take the old ones off, & install the new brakes.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Etrailer has what you need from about $45 on up per assembly.
Follow this link [LINK]

Peace
Dave

myla296

Luckily I live in an area that has a lot of trailer places...so, I'm confident I'll be able to find a place that has the whole thing in stock. It will be a matter of searching though! Thanks for the advice!

scottyb

Not sure which axles you have Lippert or Dexter. You should contact them with the axle ID No. and your VIN. They can give you the axle build sheet for your axles and it lists all the part numbers. Any parts store can cross reference those numbers. This is good for brakes, bearings, seals, etc.

myla296

Thanks for everybody's help and guidance...I did find a place that had them (Husky off of 45 North Freeway in Houston), I walked out the door at about $175. I also go tires at Discount Tire for $600 and say what you want, I at least paid for the confidence of having good, new tires (Goodyear Marathon).
20150731_161512_zpsqccg7otb.jpg

Attachments

• 20150731_161512_zpsqccg7otb.jpg
    20150731_161512_zpsqccg7otb.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 8

Bones

I like the fact you could just buy the whole assembly including the backing plate.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WHOOOOA, Marathons?? They are only 1 or 2 steps above a "blowmax". They are a "china" tire...not USA made.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
WHOOOOA, Marathons?? They are only 1 or 2 steps above a "blowmax". They are a "china" tire...not USA made.

I was looking at the photos of the Marathon's . . . and those treads look exactly like the treads on the BlowMax's I still have mounted on a set of rims out on my deck.

I'm wondering if maybe the Marathon's and the BlowMax's are the same tire?

danemayer

I was looking at the photos of the Marathon's . . . and those treads look exactly like the treads on the BlowMax's I still have mounted on a set of rims out on my deck.

I'm wondering if maybe the Marathon's and the BlowMax's are the same tire?

DOT Codes tell the real story including plant of manufacture.

Sadly, the number of complaints on the NHTSA website for GY Marathons might be greater than the number of Towmax complaints. One can only hope that recent GY Marathon production has improved.