2011 184 mpg - hello

Chellee

It took me forever to figure out how to post but hello everyone. Can someone please help me find my hot water heater bypass on a mpg 184. . . Just got my new used camper this past summer and now I need to winterize it. Thank you soooo much. I already drained hot water heater, watched countless videos, searched where is the bypass.... still nothing. I guess I know where it is, I don't know how to get to it.

jimtoo

Hi Chellee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Looking at a picture and floorplan of that unit I'm guessing you would need to look under the kitchen sink area.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Chellee

Thank you so much. I will check tomorrow. Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been so excited with my lil travel trailer. I learned and looked and read and searched for a year and a half before purchasing. I have not regretted yet! I was only able to travel twice so far, but I seriously am thinking about trying dry camping and taking water jugs because I can't imagine having to wait for Spring to be able to go again

Chellee

Hi Chellee,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Looking at a picture and floorplan of that unit I'm guessing you would need to look under the kitchen sink area.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Unfortunately it was not under the sink. I talked to previous owners and he said due to the low point drain lines there is no need to run antifreeze in lines, just pour in sink traps. . . Honestly I don't think there is a way to get to the shut off/bypass valves.

danemayer

Unfortunately it was not under the sink. I talked to previous owners and he said due to the low point drain lines there is no need to run antifreeze in lines, just pour in sink traps. . . Honestly I don't think there is a way to get to the shut off/bypass valves.

The low point drains won't help your water pump avoid freeze damage, and the toilet and other fixtures could retain enough water to be damaged.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.