2011 3585RL Bedroom slide leak

bh3585

Need thoughts from any and all. My bedroom slide is leaking at the corner nearest the fridge. The seals have been replaced and cable seals re-glued to seals. Any ideas of what repair needs to be done to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My 3585 has always leaked in the same area. I've tried everything.
But is doesn't leak much so I don't worry about it. The carpet there barely gets damp.

Peace
Dave

bh3585

Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Mine is just like yours, carpet barely damp. Just don't want any problems down the road. Thanks for the reply.

Lou_and_Bette

On our RW had same problem and I finally found the window was the problem. Check to make sure the small slot at the bottom of the window frame is not blocked or mashed closed, it is a drain and if blocked will cause water to back up under the window. Ours was caused by strange way water drained from roof down the side of the slide and I only way I finally found the reason was by standing outside during a good rain storm and saw the reason. Your windows are caulked only part way down on the sides and none on the bottom of the window. The rain water was running off the roof and down the side of the slide but instead of running straight down and off to the ground, it did a 90 and was hitting the window frame below the caulking. Caulked down the side of the window and a little bit around curve, leaving the rest of the bottom open to drain and this finally cured the problem...no more leak.

Marlau

I have a 2011 Big Country the leak comes from the bottom of the slide out front rh corner when it is retracted. I have caulked the window, the top of the slide frame, all seam outside, the seal are nice and dry and I even cover the tv antenna. During a 8 hours rain event I got about 2 cups of rain. Frustrated any idea what to do next

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2011 Big Country the leak comes from the bottom of the slide out front rh corner when it is retracted. I have caulked the window, the top of the slide frame, all seam outside, the seal are nice and dry and I even cover the tv antenna. During a 8 hours rain event I got about 2 cups of rain. Frustrated any idea what to do next
Which slide is leaking? Is it the right slide when you are looking at if from the inside?
Where did you find the 2 cups of water?

Peace
Dave

Marlau

Which slide is leaking? Is it the right slide when you are looking at if from the inside?
Where did you find the 2 cups of water?

Peace
Dave
the side near the fridge it is dripping from the corner I have a tray collecting the water it rained last night and did not leak. the rain was not hitting that side of the trailer. I'm gonna cover the window with a plastic and isolate it for the next rain event and see if that is the problem.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you caulked around the refrigerator side wall vents?
Do you have an ice maker?
Are you sure the water is coming from that slide and not from the cables of the bedroom slide? That's a common leak area.

Peace
Dave

Marlau

Have you caulked around the refrigerator side wall vents?
Do you have an ice maker?
Are you sure the water is coming from that slide and not from the cables of the bedroom slide? That's a common leak area.

Peace
Dave
I do not have an ice maker we had the fridge replaced last summer and the tech did seal the wall vent which was leaking and cause delamination on the slide out wall. I never taught about the cables I will check that next thanks more to follow

Garypowell

Check the caulk on the metal piece that holds the upper "D" seal in place. My leak was coming from behind that seal hanger.

Marlau

the side near the fridge it is dripping from the corner I have a tray collecting the water it rained last night and did not leak. the rain was not hitting that side of the trailer. I'm gonna cover the window with a plastic and isolate it for the next rain event and see if that is the problem.

I found another place where the water was coming in. Since the water was coming from inside the slide out it could only come rom the outside wall and having resealed the window I took the corner trims that are held with 3 screws and found that where the pieces of the caulking was not done properly I re-caulked and re-installed the corner trims and caulked them and all the outside trims panels and after a major rain event only a few drops. cross my fingers that did it

mslater

my 3585 is leaking in the same area...i have been on a ladder in the rain many times and found some water is getting behind the seal in that corner . the seals seem tight but the bedroom seal is slightly smaller than the living room seal even tho they are almost the same length.(15'vs. 13') between the slides i have some delamintation .i have reglued the seal around the cables , and run beads of caulk behind the seals to try and divert the water out ....ended up putting a topper on the bedroom slide but still having problems .....just thinking the seal needs to be replaced with a bigger seal like on the kitch/living rm. slide..