2011 M21 fridge question

Oliver

I need to turn this thing off to defrost it. There is no name or even a spec label on the inside to identify it, and the useless packet of info that came with the camper doesn't contain any help, for this, or most any other aspect of the camper. Really like the camper, the documentation, not so much. So, with no on/off switch, the only thing I can see to do is disconnect the 120v and 12v power supplies, and the gas supply (although that is probably controlled by the 12v system) to shut the thing down completely. Am I missing something?

danemayer

Hi Oliver,

Most refrigerators have a label inside, or on the inside of the door, or on the back where you can see it with lower vent removed.

And most have an on/off button. But if your refrigerator is the exception, you'd have to unplug it. To shut down the propane side, just close the tank valves.

We have a number of owner-written user guides that you might find helpful.

Oliver

Thanks for the heads-up on the vent. I hadn't thought of that. There just aren't any markings visible on the thing in any of the places I'm used to seeing them. I think it is some kind of Eurpean brand. I'll just shut the whole thing down, so we can defrost it, and worry over the details later.

No on/off switch. Must have been designed by the same fool who put the low-point drain for the water tank under the center of the camper, four feet back from the front. That's going to be fun.

By the way, since you can't see the water tank, how do you tell when it is full? Is there an overflow or something? The salesman told me to check the gauge. I wonder if that's the way he checks to see if his gas tank is full.

Hi Oliver!

Since your post is older, you likely already have an answer. We recently purchased a 2010 Edge M21 and had the same question. Fortunately, we have a manual for the fridge. A: Press and hold the 'MODE" button for several seconds to turn the fridge off. Do the same to turn it back on. Love the design of the Edge! Happy camping!

Oliver

Thanks for the solution! We actually had not figured it out, so I pulled the fuse to shut it down. I did finally find the label identifying the model. Not as observant as I used to be, I guess! We really like the camper, I’m just not that big a fan of towing. Still stuck on my truck camper.