2013 Caliber 26 RLS Slide out

GeneF

Has anyone been having any problems with this slide out?

When I first got the tt, the slideout was out of alignment. Top was close to the wall but the bottom was out about 2 to 3 inches.

Camping World fixed the problem but I didn't get a chance to use the tt until recently.

Within a few days of being on our current trip, the slideout froze in one place. I assumed that the battery was dead. I plugged in the shore power, backed the slide out a bit and then it came back in, It froze for a second and then came all the way in. However, the top bracket was bent and the cable was loose.

I took it to another Camping World where a tech has made it so that it will come in and out smoothly. he had to remove a screw so that it would come in smoothly. He said the slide out had some problems.

Since we are on an extended trip, I plan on taking it back to the original Camping World to have it fixed.

Frankly, I have been very disappointed in the quality of this unit. When I originally looked at it, I was impressed with what looked like a great finish and pride in workmanship. Unfortunately this has not held true as evidenced by a long list of minor and major repairs that have been done and need to be done.

It is the silly stuff that really bothers me like a screw popping out from the trim around the micro, a drawer that won't stay shut when towing, bedroom door snap that comes undone while travelling.

I'll stop here but I am curious if this a common problem with this cable slideout system and if anyone else has had this issue.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have a cable slide on our large bedroom slide out. Never had a problem in three years of heavy use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Manzan

Cable slide on our 21 FBS and not a single problem. Took delivery the 1st of March, 2011 and it does get used!