2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When I was a kid, liver was an endurance meal. How long could I sit at the table refusing to eat it before Mom told me to leave. Nasty stuff.

olcoon

Yep, liver is best on a hook for catfish, maybe that's why I don't fish for catfish often! It is a real endurance food, I'd have to sit at the table until I ate it, my endurance was always shorter than my mothers!!! Only way I could choke it down was with 1/2 bottle of catsup, & a ton of onions & anything else I could find to hide the taste!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Documents Updated

Thanks for info. Will have to put that on Nathan's eat-list. He loves liver and onions. See ya'll in a couple of weeks.

Hey Byrd, tell Nathan to let me know when he goes for liver and onions. I love the stuff, but can only get it when I eat out. Carol can't stand the stuff and won't let me fix it at home.

Rodbuster

Re: 2013 North American Rally

Hi Byrd,
I wouldn't mind being included in the "liver feast", if that would be OK.
Nathan, Keith and myself....geeze, one more and we could have a foursome.

One reservation though, if we should take my vehicle, we drive back with the windows "DOWN".

Dick

Kbvols

As a kid I didn't mind liver and onions...as a broke college student we had a source to free liver. 3 and 4 day stretches of liver n onions...25 yrs later the thought of eating them again still haunts me.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Ken will go too...his favorite meal! I refuse to make it...can't stand even the smell...lol.

dbbls59

Packets for Rally attendees?

I thought Heartland was going to send information packets to those of us planning on attending the rally? It seems like we should be getting them if they are. Or is this something we pick up at the rally?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Packets for Rally attendees?

In 2011, We received the rally packets when we arrived at Goshen.

danemayer

I thought Heartland was going to send information packets to those of us planning on attending the rally? It seems like we should be getting them if they are. Or is this something we pick up at the rally?
Moved your question to the Rally Discussion Thread. Packets are handed out when you check in. If you want, you can download preliminary versions (some are probably final, others not quite yet). Here's a link to the thread with document links.

shovelguy

I know that somewhere there is information about how to actually get to the venue. We know how to get to Goshen but I cannot find where it tells us which gate to enter in etc. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Shovelguy - Jim has posted that everyone is to go thru gate 1. If you are scheduled for alignment check or rv weighing, this will be done also thru gate 1.

jbeletti

Hi Don and Joyce - thanks for the question. The others have responded accurately, upon arrival, you will receive a rally bag. That bag will contain your rally shirts, tickets for anything you paid for, an agenda and a whole lot more information.

If you want to read all about the rally in advance, I have posted all the rally documentation here in the rally documentation thread.

See you soon!

jbeletti

I know that somewhere there is information about how to actually get to the venue. We know how to get to Goshen but I cannot find where it tells us which gate to enter in etc. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Hi Dean and Jodi - thank you for asking this question. Nabo has it right - everyone must enter via Gate 1.

For those who have been to this rally in past years, we always entered gate 2. Not so this year as another rally is going on when most of you are arriving. Gate 1 is west of gate 2. It's the first gate as you arrive from the west on Monroe Street (34) or the last gate if you arrive from the east on Monroe Street.

See the attached map of the venue for a better sense of this.

View attachment 24592

VKTalley

Hey Byrd, tell Nathan to let me know when he goes for liver and onions. I love the stuff, but can only get it when I eat out. Carol can't stand the stuff and won't let me fix it at home.

Keith and Nathan,
You will probably have Malcolm joining you in that liver and onion meal. I refuse to fix it too and he likes it.

JohnDar,
Growing up a my house, my sister would "hide" hers....not sure where and I didn't ask either.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Keith and Nathan,
You will probably have Malcolm joining you in that liver and onion meal. I refuse to fix it too and he likes it.

JohnDar,
Growing up a my house, my sister would "hide" hers....not sure where and I didn't ask either.

I think I grew a beard trying to outwait my Mom. And I was just a kid. I couldn't hide anything, my younger brother was the world's biggest rat-fink.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Jodi & Dean
Here is a link to the thread discussing how to get to the Fairgrounds.

If you need additional info email me..

BC

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ok here's a good question - what time zone is Goshen in? Looking at the map, it's real close to the central time zone but just want to make sure. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.