2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

happykraut

Re: 2013 North American Rally

You don't get a lump of coal from this Santa!
Speaking for some that still working, most can not put in for a vacation until Jan of said year and then there is a take turns kind of thing on getting them. This will help up very much on planning and hope so much that we will get to be there.
QUESTION:
Is there a way to have a mass text go out to notify that we may need to check email for the notice for those that might be camping in an area that has no wifi and need to find a place to check emails. Or perhaps a list of "hey, somebody text me so I don't miss the sign ups".
Yes, there are still those of us who refuse to get a smart phone and remain old school. At least I am texting more now, LOL

Oh my god. No munzees without a smart phone.

I thought it might help get it out there. I know I knew nothing of Heartland having a rally. We had intended on purchasing a Montana and seen that they had a ginormous rally that is what lead me to search to see if Heartland had anything like that. Had I not known of Montana's I may not have searched for Heartlands rally information. It was just an idea, I thought it might help promote the rally as well as the Heartland product. :D We did not buy our first used Heartland from a heartland dealer, and even if we had I think it is highly unlikely they would have told us about any rallies. I thought I would toss out the idea at any rate.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

I focused on Monday for the golf because the rally starts Tuesday and I thought there would be less interest plus courses usually have more availability on Mondays. I'm flexible,(DW loves when I go golf) so some of you golfers let me know if you would do one of the other days. As I said earlier, i won't be making reservation or getting a count until May anyway

jbeletti

I focused on Monday for the golf because the rally starts Tuesday and I thought there would be less interest plus courses usually have more availability on Mondays. I'm flexible,(DW loves when I go golf) so some of you golfers let me know if you would do one of the other days. As I said earlier, i won't be making reservation or getting a count until May anyway

Gerry,

I'm thinking T, W, Th, Fri or Sat of the week "prior to" the rally. I'd like to work with you off-forum on a date that strikes a balance between being good for the participants and non-interfering with other pre-rally items being planned. The Monday prior to the rally start day will be day 1 of service work and I am trying to have as many people stay on-site as possible as most guys like to be there when their coach is being serviced.

jbeletti

I thought it might help get it out there. I know I knew nothing of Heartland having a rally. We had intended on purchasing a Montana and seen that they had a ginormous rally that is what lead me to search to see if Heartland had anything like that. Had I not known of Montana's I may not have searched for Heartlands rally information. It was just an idea, I thought it might help promote the rally as well as the Heartland product. :D We did not buy our first used Heartland from a heartland dealer, and even if we had I think it is highly unlikely they would have told us about any rallies. I thought I would toss out the idea at any rate.

No worries - I appreciate your idea none-the-less and we'll look forward to seeing you at your first "big one".

jbeletti

Oh my god. No munzees without a smart phone.

Maybe one of your most enthusiastic students (dare I say protégé) - Sally E can convince Nita to upgrade to a Smart Phone before she gets to Goshen! Hope you had a fun cruise Bernie!

jbeletti

GREAT idea, I'll vote for that.

Nice try Bernie - pot stirrer :)

2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. It will be a short time window, but I am committed to it. Just think Bernie, for the 2015 rally, as a Goshen 2013 rally returnee, you'll get first shot at your 2013 site - if you want it/liked it :)

jbeletti

Kelsea and I are hoping to make it. Depends on how our new little one will be doing then. If we make it for the golf outing I would be interested.

Hope you guys can make it. Love to have an active military family there. Plus we've met and you're good peeps. Love to have good peeps at the rally! :)

GETnBYE

I do need some help with tect issues, but it is mostly about having to tote around reading glasses to SEE the darn phone that is my problem and holding out as long as possible before I have to wear a necklace make of glasses around my neck.
Maybe one of your most enthusiastic students (dare I say protégé) - Sally E can convince Nita to upgrade to a Smart Phone before she gets to Goshen! Hope you had a fun cruise Bernie!

GETnBYE

Wayne has officially put a vacation on the books for that weekend. We won't be able to come early but we knew that would never happen anyway. Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!!! but not till WE GET THERE!! LOL

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Hey Wayne, I can get Debbie to make you a nice necklace for the new glasses made out of Swarovski crystal if you like or one that says Heartland like her badge necklace. lol

ihsolutions

2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. :)

My request is going to be something like, "any site but my 2011 site". It was terrible. And not just because JohnDar was parked next to me! :)

olcoon

You had better get one before the rally, or Bernie & Sally will bug the dickens out of you! I've had an iPhone about 2 weeks now, & Sally has left me alone...so far. She knows I can't do anything until this busted leg gets healed up!

She got quite a chuckle about your post, Jim!

jbeletti

My request is going to be something like, "any site but my 2011 site". It was terrible. And not just because JohnDar was parked next to me! :)

You're not the only one who has mentioned they want to be "anywhere else". Most of those comments came from those that were in the full-hookup "in-field" sites. Then, some told me they liked their site there.

happykraut

Nice try Bernie - pot stirrer :)

2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. It will be a short time window, but I am committed to it. Just think Bernie, for the 2015 rally, as a Goshen 2013 rally returnee, you'll get first shot at your 2013 site - if you want it/liked it :)

Jim, better to stir the pot than be in it. LOL

happykraut

I'm sure Sally E can do it. She talked Roy into stopping at every rest area from Wyoming down to the Hannibal rally to capture my munzees. He was ready to kill me when the finally arrived at the rally. PS.. the cruise was great. Got some caches and deployed a couple munzees in Cozumel too.

8paws

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/18/2013 to 6/23/2013

When will be able to make reservations for the Goshen Rally?

mcmartin

retired u s army

Have not been able to attend the rally for the last couple of years but am looking forward to this one. Will reserve my spot ASAP thanks for the information

Status
Not open for further replies.