2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXTiger

Re: 2013 North American Rally

Jim, do you have any idea regarding the cost per night for the rally? Trying to budget everything. Hope to make the rally in Gettysburg in May also.

olcoon

Bernie,
Would you let me know the route you are taking to the rally ASAP? I'm trying to figure out what route I should take. Don't want to follow you, I'd like to get there about a week ahead of the rally...not take a week on the road to get there!!!!!!!:cool::eek:

jbeletti

Jim, do you have any idea regarding the cost per night for the rally? Trying to budget everything. Hope to make the rally in Gettysburg in May also.

The rally rate has not yet been finalized. The rally rate will include of 5 nights camping. It should not be more than $300 - just to give you something to work with.

There will be a week of pre-rally. The pre-rally rate has yet to be determined as well. You will be able to signup for 1 to 7 days of pre-rally at the same time you register for the rally itself. Pre-rally begins June 11th.

Anyone wishing you arrive prior to the first pre-rally date of June 11th may do so by contacting the Fairgrounds to reserve only your dates prior to June 11th. The nightly camping rate for dates "prior to" the pre-rally (so, June 10 and earlier) will be at standard Fairgrounds rates of $21.40 (W/E) and $28.89 W/S/E).

Jim

jbeletti

Have not been able to attend the rally for the last couple of years but am looking forward to this one. Will reserve my spot ASAP thanks for the information

Melvin,

Can't register just yet. We expect to have registration open around mid-January. Club member will be notified by email when registration is open.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Bernie,
Would you let me know the route you are taking to the rally ASAP? I'm trying to figure out what route I should take. Don't want to follow you, I'd like to get there about a week ahead of the rally...not take a week on the road to get there!!!!!!!:cool::eek:
LOL.....Bernie said he is leaving in May. Don't want to miss any opportunities along the way.

Peace
Dave

ihsolutions

You're not the only one who has mentioned they want to be "anywhere else". Most of those comments came from those that were in the full-hookup "in-field" sites. Then, some told me they liked their site there.

Yep, that's where we were. Those sites had just been developed or re-done, so the grass had not grown in, and since it had rained recently, everything was muddy. It's was only the second time, ever, that I had to use 4WD backing my camper into a campsite.

Then there was the whole issue with the sewer lines sticking a foot out of the ground. Lots of stinky-slinky-humping fun!

jbeletti

Yesterday, I walked all the sites in the "Infield" area. While I can't help in the area of rain and a few high-mounted sewer pipes, I am able to delete some sites as just being not workable.

I ended up deleting 4 to 6 sites. While some want to try another location, others will jump at the chance to be in a FHU site in the Infield as opposed to being in a 30 amp W/E only site. So - it will all work out :)

happykraut

Bernie,

Roy, sorry, but I just saw the post a minute ago. It's always better to get me by email. I check it all the time. My route will most likely be St. Louis to Indianapolis on I70. Then N on Hwy 31 to Hwy20 to Hwy33.

happykraut

LOL.....Bernie said he is leaving in May. Don't want to miss any opportunities along the way.

Peace
Dave

Dave, I can't even find where I said that. I think it is more like around Jun9, but who knows things are always changing.

olcoon

Dang, that's the general way I was planning on going...oh well if we follow you, guess at my age I need to stop at every rest area!!! :eek:

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/18/2013 to 6/23/2013

Hi all,

Be aware that there will be road construction in Goshen that will alter the final leg of the route for many. Monroe Street which is also 34 will have a bridge replaced just west of the venue. This means coming in from 33 (the west) will not be possible. You can still come in on 33 for a stretch perhaps, then follow a detour route.

As we get well closer to the rally date, the status of the construction will be better known and alternate routes will be identified.

Again, this won't alter most people's route from where their coming from through most of the trip to Goshen - only the last leg once you get to town.

Maps and instructions to follow (in May).

Jim

Last edited:

Kbvols

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/18/2013 to 6/23/2013

Bernie,
Take a look at taking hwy 24 by-pass around Peru IN, off 31 then North on 15 thru Warsaw, IN. 15 is a straight shot into Goshen and I believe will avoid the bridge detour Jim advised of. The 24 by-pass is 4 lane good road and 15 is decent road.

ncc1701e

Jim,

What is the general means by which work on trailers is sheduled while at the rally? We have had this trip on our radar for some time now and I have some work I would like to discuss with the factory.

Tom

jbeletti

Jim,

What is the general means by which work on trailers is sheduled while at the rally? We have had this trip on our radar for some time now and I have some work I would like to discuss with the factory.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Around the April time-frame, an email will be sent to all registered rally attendees notifying them that the Rally Service Request Process is now in place. The email will include some guidance on what can and cannot be worked on in the context of a rally. The email will include a link to a Service Request Form. You will be able to request 2-items for repair/adjustment. You will indicate when your arrival date is. Service will then make a schedule. Those arriving earliest will "likely" be serviced earlier in the week - though I have nothing to do with the scheduling, so I can't make a statement of certainty.

If you have warranty items on your new coach that need tending to - my suggestion is that if possible, you have a dealer take care of those in the spring. Then is something comes up between then and rally time - put that in for your request.

Jim

Vtxkid

Well, Jim... since we are talking about service request, I need to get with someone there concerning a 3" area that shifts approximatley 1/8th of an inch on our 3010. The area is up front on the ODS underneath the front bedroom slide at the bottom trim area (same height as the pin box). I need to get the frame reinforced. Your thoughts?!?

jbeletti

Well, Jim... since we are talking about service request, I need to get with someone there concerning a 3" area that shifts approximatley 1/8th of an inch on our 3010. The area is up front on the ODS underneath the front bedroom slide at the bottom trim area (same height as the pin box). I need to get the frame reinforced. Your thoughts?!?

Jerry - this sounds like something that can be looked at, at the rally. If a repair was needed, it would not be able to be done at the fairgrounds on your site at the rally. My suggestion is that you don't wait. That you contact Heartland next week to open a dialog on this. They will want pictures. They may want a dealership or servicer near you to review it. Better to know well sooner than the rally what you're dealing with.

rick_debbie_gallant

2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Mr Beletti

Did I read somewhere about "specials" on hydraulic upgrade at the by"Gosh"en talley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Mr Beletti

Did I read somewhere about "specials" on hydraulic upgrade at the by"Gosh"en talley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not by me Rick. That said, I'm fairly certain Lippert, via Mobile Outfitters will have some product specials for rally attendees. We won't see anything on that until April/May - I'm guessing. Same for Dexter and Mor/ryde. Question is, how special will they be? Will they be better than standard retail pricing on their products? This is something I have no sense of.

Status
Not open for further replies.