2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Goshen Rally Registration Update

WE ARE CLOSE!

Site is in final stages of being proofed. Testing begins in a day or two. Anticipating registration in a week or so.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: Goshen Rally Registration Update

What kinds of activities are there for young kids (between ages 3 and 10) to do at this rally?

olcoon

Take your time Jim, hurry up every chance you get!!! :):angel:

Last edited:

jbeletti

What kinds of activities are there for young kids (between ages 3 and 10) to do at this rally?

While we welcome families with children/grand children, we currently have no activities planned that are geared towards children. That said, the entire rally will be family friendly.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Take your time Jim, hurry up every chance you get!!! ����
Gee Whiz Roy you need a time out or something, relax, good things come to those that wait.....of coarse, since Amy said we could go I haven't gone to bed... Sitting here waiting for the email and I'm running low on coffee and Jolt and my bucket's full.... HELP

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders

We can't wait to register. Our first National Rally. Soooo excited. Soon?

VKTalley

We can't wait to register. Our first National Rally. Soooo excited. Soon?

Same for the Talleys too. Our first National Rally and we are super excited. How much longer do we have to wait to register, Jim?

Kbvols

We have never been to a rally and are considering the Goshen rally. I am sure this is a dumb question but what exactly takes place at a rally? Just courious??

Rodbuster

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Kbvols, let me see if I can answer you. My wife and I have only been to 3 rallys but all 3 have run just about the same. You would think that they would change or mix things up a bit, but no, they're all the same.

The first day is just "fun". The second day you will meet new people and have more "fun". The third day, you will probably meet still more people that will get together with the people you met the day before and once again, you will have alot of "fun". On the 4th day, people get up and walk around the campground with a cup of coffee talking to all the new friends that they have met. The conversation is usually about the next planned rally and if you plan on attending so you can have some more..... "FUN".

Looking forward to meeting you at the rally and having "fun".

Dick

happykraut

We have never been to a rally and are considering the Goshen rally. I am sure this is a dumb question but what exactly takes place at a rally? Just courious??
Expect to meet a lot of very fun people. You'll make many new friends that you will run into in rallies down the road. We help each other out when we have problems with our rigs. We show off modifications that we've made to our rigs. Many potluck dinners and eating out. Campfire chats. Planned day trips. We play games like bocci ball, beanbag toss, washers, ladder golf etc. Beer tasting and wine tasting at the Lake Delton rally last year. Wine tasting at the Hannibal rally. The list goes on and on. I'm sure I missed a bunch of activities, but the bottom line is...you will have fun.

Kbvols

Rod buster lol fun,fun,fun..Everybody's Happy...Bernie..ok you hooked with the beer tasting!! DW n I originally from MO south of St Louis. St Charles nice area father in law loves the boats....thanks for Rally info perhaps we'll meet in Goshen.

danemayer

2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Hi kbvols,

First of all there's the social aspect, which by itself makes the rally amazing, but there's much more..

The national rally is a bit different from local rallies. There are usually a load of seminars presented by industry experts, which includes an opportunity to get questions answered by reps from companies like Dometic, Lippert, Dexter and others. There are a select number of vendors participating, affording an opportunity to see and buy things you may have heard about. There are a couple of very nice dinners with entertainment and significant door prize giveaways - in the past including some very nice prizes like big screen TVs. There's typically an opportunity to get your rig weighed and get a report that shows individual wheel loads and analysis of whether you're over or under. There will likely be special vendor deals offering significant savings on upgrades you might be considering.

A lot of the seminars seem to draw the men in, but last year the ladies also had a pretty full schedule of activities tailored for them.

This is what it's been like at the last 2 national rallies. I can't predict exactly how 2013's will unfold, but I'm sure it will be a great time. I highly recommend going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

happykraut

Rod buster lol fun,fun,fun..Everybody's Happy...Bernie..ok you hooked with the beer tasting!! DW n I originally from MO south of St Louis. St Charles nice area father in law loves the boats....thanks for Rally info perhaps we'll meet in Goshen.
Actually, I'm not even a beer drinker(truly against my German heritage), but just trying to point out some of the things we've done in the past. That'd be great if we could hook up in Goshen.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

One thing's for sure, you can't take a walk around the park at a Rally. Too many friendly Heartlanders will stop you and talk your ear off, invite you inside their rig, or want you to play, drink, or relax with them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

So you see....at a local rally you have 'fun'! But at a national rally it's on a much grander scale...so you have 'FUN'!!
Ericka is right that a walk around an RV park that might normally take 15 - 20 minutes can take 2-3 hours or more as you'll stop or be stopped numerous times to chat with all your new found friends....or as we like to call them 'family'!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Our daughter was 9 when we were there last. She had a wonderful time. She rode her bike everywhere. It may sounds a little weird, but we felt so safe with her at the rally. We knew a few people from other Heartland rallies, but everyone felt like family. We should be on site 428 in a North Trail, if your kids need someone to hang out with.

jbeletti

Our daughter was 9 when we were there last. She had a wonderful time. She rode her bike everywhere. It may sounds a little weird, but we felt so safe with her at the rally. We knew a few people from other Heartland rallies, but everyone felt like family. We should be on site 428 in a North Trail, if your kids need someone to hang out with.

Hi Jamie and Ginger,

We look forward to seeing Madison once again! You guys too :)

For anyone,

If someone desires to step forward to be the volunteer coordinator (creator/owner/team member) of a kids program, that would be awesome. The lower level meeting room will only be used a few times during the rally and could be made available for any indoor kids activities. Then of course - there's the whole great outdoors.

Jim

TXTiger

Hay Jim,

We are in the last week of Jan. Are we getting close to opening up the registration process for the rally? Just wondering. I already have it planned in my summer travel schedule so no worries!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Rally registration testing will begin in a few days followed by some tweaking.
Hopefully won't have to wait too much longer. We are all anxiously waiting for that email notification.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.