2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

As one of the even fewer Eagle Ridge people coming, I assume some others in MI will be there that have purchased, and still have the now rare Eagle ridge.

The "Eagle Ridge" is one rare bird.

jbeletti

Jim,

Have you had a chance to see if it is possible to have discounted led light kits available at the rally?

Not sure that we'd do it at a discount beyond the club rate - but I just sent in a request to see if we could provide sales of these at the rally.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Jim - at the Good Sam's Rally in Louisville this past June, EEZRV Products LED Lighting had a booth selling the lights which were going like crazy. We didn't go to the Daytona Good Sam's Rally so I'm not sure if they were there as well. If you would like, I can give you there mailing address - just PM me.

olcoon

As one of the even fewer Eagle Ridge people coming, I assume some others in MI will be there that have purchased, and still have the now rare Eagle ridge.

Jim,
You've got a real collectors item with your Eagle Ridge. Have you considered building a barn to park it in to preserve it, and buying a new Landmark? Just think of how much you could get for a rare & gently used rig like that in 10-20 years!!! Just thinking out loud! :eek::angel:

jbeletti

Really be nice to have N.CA people sites close together. Any chance??

The only real opportunity for "group sitings" is for the group to be in the 30 Amp Power / Water only area. Would this work out for your group? If so, I will need a list of names who want to be group sited.

jbeletti

Jim - at the Good Sam's Rally in Louisville this past June, EEZRV Products LED Lighting had a booth selling the lights which were going like crazy. We didn't go to the Daytona Good Sam's Rally so I'm not sure if they were there as well. If you would like, I can give you there mailing address - just PM me.

I've reinvited Tom Long of Jirah LEDs. He vended in Gillette and gave a really interesting LED seminar. If he does not confirm, I may call you about EEZRV to learn more.

jbeletti

I see golf carts are available for rent at this event, are UTV's (side by sides) allowed on 4H grounds? would like to utilize our cyclone.

We will check on this and respond back on this thread.

jbeletti

...What site numbers do not have sewer hook-ups? Only 30 amp service? Did I understand correctly that all Pre Arrival sites do not have sewer service?

For the pre-rally, it's very likely that most will be in water/power only sites. The rally core-team will be in even before the pre-rally. As we will be setup for a long time, we'll probably be elsewhere in the campground.

There are no site numbers "at this time" for pre-rally sites (power/water only). Think of a very large grass area that is completely open. That's the pre-rally area "for the most part". We will likely come up with a numbering system and hope to paint the sites out to aid in parking everyone. Lots to plan and then LOTS to execute onsite in very little time.

jbeletti

I see there is a glitch in your registration process :eek:

I was allowed to register and close out without picking an arrival date.

Arrival date is derived from Pre-Rally Arrival Date or if no Pre-Rally Arrival is selected, then it's assumed arrival is day 1 of the rally. In hindsight (2 days ago), we realized for our own tracking purposes, we could have done this differently and been able to do our reporting more easily.

ihsolutions

Jeff,

I can't say when as that's up to Lippert and Mor/ryde as to when they will determine that and produce the flyer for me. My guess is we'll have them in April. I can tell you that it's likely that the savings on LevelUp will not be more than a couple hundred dollars over a dealer installation. Now that Lippert has a base of dealers and service centers trained up - they can't do the deep discounting at the rallies like they used to in the infancy of that product.

Jim, I hadn't thought about that. Well, that will be disappointing if that's the case. I was hoping for a sweet deal on Level-up! I'm getting tired of manually leveling the trailer. We move around a lot, rarely on level sites.

If I can't get a deal on Level-up maybe it will just be easier to order a new rig while at the rally, that already has it installed...

millenma

Jeff I just had my 6 point level up installed in Florida I called lippertt in December and they said may have a deal for the rally about few hundred off. So we went down to Tampa where it was warm lol. Love the system.

jbeletti

Jim, I hadn't thought about that. Well, that will be disappointing if that's the case. I was hoping for a sweet deal on Level-up! I'm getting tired of manually leveling the trailer. We move around a lot, rarely on level sites.

If I can't get a deal on Level-up maybe it will just be easier to order a new rig while at the rally, that already has it installed...

Jeff,

Yeah - 2009, not 2011, was the last year of the "sweet deal" on LevelUp. So you didn't now just lose. it. You just didn't know it went away 4 years ago.

That said, sure, if you want a new rig, get you one! :) I do expect to have rebates available for those who upgrade within a short period following the rally.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

FWIW, I talked to the gentleman from Mobile Outfitters who was in Gillette.( Can't remember his name at the moment, Greg or Jeff maybe ?)

He was at the Pomona show and he was indicating that during our Goshen rally, he was anticipating some "really good" discounts from Lippert. Trace

ihsolutions

Jeff,

That said, sure, if you want a new rig, get you one! :) I do expect to have rebates available for those who upgrade within a short period following the rally.

Jim, I've been waiting for the rebate for quite some time now. In fact, I probably would have bought a new unit last year if I wasn't expecting to get to this year's rally, and get the rebate. Which is not to say that the rebate is a disincentive to purchase at other times!!

Too many things I missed on my order of the 2011, such as dual pane windows, second A/C, and Level-up!
Jeff

can any one tell me what the heartland marketplace is about and can any one sell anything in or just camping things thanks

jbeletti

can any one tell me what the heartland marketplace is about and can any one sell anything in or just camping things thanks

If you've ever been to an Escapees Escapade Rally, they have what they call the Escapee Marketplace. I have flattered them by calling ours the Heartland Marketplace.

It is a room of vendors in booths selling mostly RV related items. They are selected by me. We'll have maybe 2 dozen vendors.

jbeletti

Jim, I've been waiting for the rebate for quite some time now. In fact, I probably would have bought a new unit last year if I wasn't expecting to get to this year's rally, and get the rebate. Which is not to say that the rebate is a disincentive to purchase at other times!!

Too many things I missed on my order of the 2011, such as dual pane windows, second A/C, and Level-up!
Jeff

Those are all great options Jeff!

dalspot

Uh oh, I can see this becoming a really expensive trip ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.