2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

will morRide be offering a discount on their pin box at the ralley?

I believe they will. I expect to post all the specials flyers in the next 2 weeks. I gave Dexter, Mor/ryde and Lippert a nudge on this last week.

ncc1701e

Hey:
Anyone who is sited on Ring Road (RR) will not have to move. In fact, every one who is sited on Ring Road was sited there for exactly that reason, so they wouldn't have to move.

Move? Who will have to move and why?

jbeletti

Move? Who will have to move and why?

Tom - most pre-rally early arrivers will NOT be placed on their rally site during the pre-rally as another rally is going on at the same time. So, MOST of us will be moving.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll hazard a guess that those of us arriving Monday afternoon and being in the "South Site" should be safe from having to migrate. Yes? No?

jbeletti

I'll hazard a guess that those of us arriving Monday afternoon and being in the "South Site" should be safe from having to migrate. Yes? No?

Monday the week of the rally? Yes, you will be going on your rally site and not have to move.

Hello we just bought our first trailer .. a trail runner scout 14rb and will pick it up in may for our first trip..very exicted. Its a small one but we dont need anything larger at the moment. We are thinking about going to this rally. What is included with the cost of the rally? is it just the fee for the camping site and hookups? or doe this include food and outings etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Jason and Ele

danemayer

Hi ourfirstrv,

I believe the registration fee includes several (but not all) meals, campsites/hookups, seminars and leisure time activities, vendor discounts, doorprizes (some of which are usually quite significant), evening entertainment, some free minor service on your trailer if you need it, and of course the opportunity to meet other Heartland owners and begin making some great friendships.

There's also a week of pre-rally events that are a lot of fun. Most are offsite at additional cost.

Here's a link to the post that has document links that will help you understand what's planned.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Is there a closing date (other than sold out) for registration? I haven't seen one published.

jbeletti

Is there a closing date (other than sold out) for registration? I haven't seen one published.

Hi Bob,

No closing date for registration other than Sold Out. And that won't happen. You can float all the way up to rally time on registering.

Really hoping things continue to progress well with Connie. We'd love to see you guys in Goshen.

jbeletti

Jim, what is the procedure if we have to cancel? And how much money will we loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Rick,

May 18th is the final day one can cancel and receive all but 10% back. The 10% helps cover some of our processing costs. We pay about 5% to take the credit card payment, plus about $5 to RegOnline for providing the registration site/process, then another 5% to process the refund. We still lose some, but I'm okay with calling it 10% and keeping it simple.

After May 18, I am locked into many costs that I cannot get out of. Not you Rick, but many people don't realize this, don't care about it etc. - they just want their money back. But I cannot return what I do not have. Caterers and entertainers just won't give me anything back.

For all,

What I can do on this rally is if someone has to cancel AFTER May 18, I will refund $62.50 which is about 50% of the site fee cost. Heartland subsidizes the cost of this rally by about 50% - hence the $62.50 refund versus a full $125 (5 nights x $25).

I can do this level of refund as this venue will only be charging me for sites used. Whereas some venues, I have to guarantee a specific number of sites - locked in 30 days in advance. I pay for them if they are used or not.

As for any pre-rally costs - I will refund 90% of those amounts if we hear from pre-rally attendees PRIOR to June 11. We can likely fill empty pre-rally activity slots with those on a wait list - this is why we can offer the refund for pre-rally activities.

Rick - thanks for asking the question and thanks for your indulgence while I used this as an opportunity to speak to everyone about this topic.

Jim

JJnVA

Jim,
Trying to submit a service request and using the link in your email of APril 9 to access the request form. Getting a message that says "Error, this form does not exist". I don't see the service request form in the Rally documentation links on the forum. Help!

TXTiger

Jim, how do I find out what site I am in and if I will have to move after the pre-rally? Just wondering, not really that important an issue.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

would I be able to have a wet bolt kit installed at the rally?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

would I be able to have a wet bolt kit installed at the rally?
I doubt that anyone will do it at the rally campground, but if you call Lippert, you may get an appointment to have them installed at their service facility.
Lipperts shop is about five miles from the campground.

Peace
Dave

Vinny773

Jim, Can you also send me the form or link for a service request for the rally. Thank you , much appreciated,

Vinny773

Dave, I can't get you link to work. When I cut and pasted the link it gave me a 2012 Rally info. Is that what you wanted me to see?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dave, I can't get you link to work. When I cut and pasted the link it gave me a 2012 Rally info. Is that what you wanted me to see?

I just used it. Copy and paste everything except Dave's name into the address box for your browser. It doesn't work as a link. Thought I'd check it once more, but after you've made an entry for two service items, it smacks you up side the head for trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.