2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

when will the list of vender's that are going to offer rally discounts be available?

Let's do it tonight :)

I wanted to do this as part of a massive Rally Update email but the email content is taking more time than I wanted.

Look for the specials tonight!

jbeletti

2013 Goshen Rally - Vendor Specials Posted!

The vendor rally attendee specials have been posted. See and discuss them here in this thread > LINK

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - General Discussion Thread

Jim I have a question about sites.
If I wanted to keep the temp pre-rally site that I have been given for the whole rally instead of moving to my rally site, would that be possible?
If I could keep the pre-rally site, could I make that request when I get to the pre-rally and have seen the site?
I remember where the sites are from the 2011 rally, being back by the railroad tracks, but don't remember anything about the sites.
I come in on 11 June.
Just curious at this point, like I'm a train nut.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================

jbeletti

If I wanted to keep the temp pre-rally site that I have been given for the whole rally instead of moving to my rally site, would that be possible?
If I could keep the pre-rally site, could I make that request when I get to the pre-rally and have seen the site?
I remember where the sites are from the 2011 rally, being back by the railroad tracks, but don't remember anything about the sites. I come in on 11 June.
Hockster

Gary,

Rally and Pre-Rally site assignments are already made. They do change every couple days as cancellations and new registrations are taken.

So - we can't let you look your pre-rally site over in advance, then let you switch as there's no place to switch to per se as they're all assigned.

Now, that all said, if you end up in an area referred to by the venue as Carnival Land and by us as Temp, we will likely have more temps setup there than we will use. It may be possible to move around within that grouping. But not to another area.

Jim

Due to unfortunate circumstances we have had to cancel our 213 Goshen Rally attendance. :( We are seriously bummed. Hope to see some of you at state rallies through the year and at the next National rally.

Thanks Jim.

Hockster

==========================================================================================================================================

jbeletti

The following is content of an email that was queued to be sent out this morning (Thursday, May 16) to 251 rally registrants.

2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally
hoc_logo_color_x250.gif

2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally

May Updates

Hi,

We have several rally updates for you today.

Here's a quick summary of the updates below in this email:

• Rally Home Page (on the forum)
  • Minor Rally Service - Have you signed up yet? Need to make a change?
  • Rally Cancellations - Do you need to cancel? Do so by May 18 in order to receive a 90% refund
  • Review/Edit your Rally Information
  • Rally Sites - Where am I?
  • Golf Carts! Would you like to rent one?
  • Pre-Rally Tour 1 - RV Parts Nation, Mor/ryde & Private Collections - 3 seats available!
  • Pre-Rally Tour 2 - Amish Countryside - 31 seats available!
  • Pre-Rally Amish Family Home Dinner - 5 seats available!
  • Pre-Rally Bison Ranch Tour & Lunch - 9 seats available!
  • Pre-Rally Arrival Date
  • Pre-Rally and Rally Documentation Thread
  • Pre-Rally and Rally Discussion Thread
  • Leisure Time Activities (LTA) Presentations Schedule
  • Vendor Supplied "Rally Specials" (Mor/ryde, Lippert and Dexter)
  • Axle Alignment Checks and Correct Track System Alignments
  • Truck/RV Washing Service
  • RV Carpet Cleaning Service
  • Rig Weighing Service
  • For Sale... Got anything you aren't using that you want to make a great deal on for a fellow Heartlander?

Rally Home Page (on the forum)
Did you know there's an easy way to find all the rally information? The rally information lives on the Heartland Owners Forum in its own sub-forum. Next year, we'll also have a Rally Portal. Click here to go to the 2013 Goshen Rally sub-forum. There you will see all the specific rally threads on a variety of rally topics.

Minor Rally Service - Have you signed up yet? Need to make a change?
The Minor Rally Service signup form has been open for about a month now. To date, 154 rigs have signed up for Minor Rally Service. Click here if you have NOT signed up for any Minor Rally Service but still need to. Note that we need to close the window on taking Minor Rally Service requests on June 5th. If you HAVE signed up for Minor Rally Service but need to make a change, please email your change to rallyservice@heartlandowners.org. Be sure to include your full name in your email so we can tie this back to your original request.

Rally Cancellations - Do you need to cancel? Do so by May 18 in order to receive a 90% refund
Things change - we all understand that. If your situation has changed where you need to cancel out of this rally or just certain elements of it, please follow the Review/Edit process below to cancel or send an email to Julie at club@heartlandowners.org. Here are a couple of important things to know about rally cancellations:

1. The club pays a $4.75 fee for each rally registration and a merchant account fee of about 5% in order to take your credit card payment. We also pay the merchant account fee a second time to process your refund when refunded to your credit card. This is why we pass through a 10% cancellation fee when we process cancellations.
  2. Thirty days out from the rally, or May 18, we need to turn in final numbers for catering, sites, rental items (tables, chairs etc), buses and more. On most of these items, we pay whether attendees show or not. It's just the way it works. As such, there is little that can be refunded after May 18. So, May 18 is the final day we can process 90% refunds on all rally items for cancellations. For cancellations after May 18, we can process 90% refunds on site fees only, or $112.50 (5 nights x $25 per night x 90%)

Review/Edit your Rally Information
Have you forgotten what you signed up for? Do you need to make a change or a cancellation? Click here to login to the Rally Registration site. Enter your email address and your Rally password. On the next page, click on Make Changes.

Rally Sites - Where am I?
Rally sites have been assigned - though changes continue to be made as cancellations are processed and as site reviews are done. If you want to know where you are currently sited (subject to change) - Click here.

Golf Carts! Would you like to rent one?
So far, 14 people have rented golf carts. On June 5th, we plan to finalize the golf cart requirements and turn them into our supplier. If you want to rent a golf cart, the cost is $38.55 per day with 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 day rentals available - all ending Saturday night, June 22. Something a few people have figured out in past years is to share the cost and use of a golf cart with their rally friends. One person will rent the golf cart, collect half the cost from their friend and share in the use of it over the course of the rally. To add a golf cart rental to your rally registration, follow the process in the Review/Edit section above to log into your rally registration. Then navigate to Agenda items and add your golf cart.
Pre-Rally Tour 1 - RV Parts Nation, Mor/ryde & Private Collections - 3 seats are available!
This pre-rally tour on June 13 will show as sold-out but we have seats available right now and are managing a wait-list. Click here for more information about this tour. Click Here to email Julie Hancock about reserving one or more of the remaining seats or getting on the Pre-Rally Tour 1 Wait-List.

Pre-Rally Tour 2 - Amish Countryside - 31 seats are available!
Will you be in by Friday, June 14, the week of the pre-rally? Do you want to sit back and relax in your seat on an air-conditioned tour bus and enjoy a guided tour of the Amish Countryside with stops at unique shops along the way, plus a stop at Das Dutchman Essenhaus for a fabulous lunch? Seating remains available for this day-tour. Click herefor more information about this tour. To add Pre-Rally tour 2 - Amish Countryside to your rally registration, follow the process in the Review/Edit section above to log into your rally registration. Then navigate to Agenda items and add Pre-Rally Tour 2.

Pre-Rally Amish Family Home Dinner - 5 seats are available!
Click here for more information about this special dinner. If you're not already registered for this dinner and wish to attend, please click hereto login to the Rally Registration site to Edit your registration and add this event. Please note that we are going to 2 different Amish homes in 2 different towns. So the group will be split up. Who goes to which house will be determined as we get closer to pre-rally time. A list of who's going where and maps will be given to those signed up.

Pre-Rally Bison Ranch Tour & Lunch - 9 seats available!
Click here for more information about this tour and lunch. If you're not already registered for this event and wish to attend, please click here to login to the Rally Registration site to Edit your registration and add this event. If the tour shows as sold-out, Click Here to email Julie Hancock about reserving one or more of the remaining seats or getting on the Pre-Rally Bison Tour Wait-List. Please note that there are 2 different tours/lunch seatings. So the group will be split up. Who goes at which time will be determined as we get closer to pre-rally time. A list of who's in what grouping and maps will be given to those signed up.

Your Pre-Rally Arrival Date as entered in your Rally Registration
Even if you are coming to the rally on or after June 18, the first day of the rally, on the rally registration site, please be sure to select the date of your arrival field in this section.
If you're signed up for any of the Pre-Rally events, please make sure your Pre-Rally Arrival Date is before any Pre-Rally event you will be attending as there will be no refunds for pre-rally activities if you are not present at the event. Tour 1 and Tour 2 start early in the morning, so you will probably want to arrive in Goshen the day before for those. The Bison Ranch Tour begins late morning to early afternoon. Here again, please plan your arrival accordingly. The Amish Dinner is at 6:00 pm so keep that in mind if you plan to arrive on the day of the dinner. Please click here to login to the Rally Registration site if you need to change your Pre-Rally Arrival Date.

Pre-Rally and Rally Documentation Thread
A thread has been created on the Heartland Owners Forum in the Rally forum for Documentation. The thread contains links to a large number of PDF files that rally attendees will find very informative. These documents will be included in your rally packets, so no need to print them out now, just review them online. Refinements will continue on them until we print our rally materials. Click here to go to this thread.

Pre-Rally and Rally Discussion Thread
A thread has been created on the Heartland Owners Forum in the Rally forum for Discussion of the Rally and Pre-Rally. Many questions have been posed there and all have been answered. If you are seeking more information or have a question, this is the place to ask it. Click here to go to this thread.

Leisure Time Activities (LTA) Presentations Schedule
The Leisure Time Activities Presentations Schedule has been created by Kelly Barnett and has been put online. Click here to go to the LTA discussion thread and to access the link (in post #1) to the LTA Schedule.

Vendor Supplied "Rally Specials" (Mor/ryde, Lippert and Dexter)

Several of Heartland's vendors have created flyers with special pricing on some of their aftermarket items. The items and pricing are of the vendors choosing. Click here to see these flyers of specials in post number 1 of this forum thread and to discuss them with others.

Axle Alignment Checks and Correct Track System Alignments
Lippert's aftermarket products division, The Mobile Outfitters will have an Axle Alignment Check station setup near the RVSEF's Weighing station as you arrive at the rally. Mobile Outfitters will do Axle Alignment Checks at no charge on a pre-signup, time-available basis. They will also be performing Correct Track System Alignments for those who already have Correct Track on their coach. The cost will be $100. Click here to learn more.

Truck/RV Washing Service
Are you interested in having your Truck and/or RV washed/waxed during the rally? If so, you're in luck. AALL Brite RV Cleaning Service will be there for you to hire. Click here to see their flyer and to use the signup form.

RV Carpet Cleaning Service
Are you interested in having your RV carpets cleaned during the rally or pre-rally? If so, you're in luck. Tyson's Carpet Cleaning Service will be there for you to hire. Click here to see their flyer and to use the signup form.

Rig Weighing Service
Are you interested in having your rig weighed, wheel by wheel? Truck as well? Now's your chance to get weighed by the pros at the RVSEF. Their team will be at our pre-rally and our rally. If you've never had a wheel-by-wheel weighing done, please consider having it done in Goshen. Click here to learn more and to use the signup form.

For Sale... Got anything you aren't using that you want to make a great deal on for a fellow Heartlander?
Consider brining a couple of items (especially RV related ones) to place on the For Sale Table in the rally hall. In fact, start talking about what you want to bring - you never know - maybe you can pre-sell it to a Heartlander before it hits the table! Click here to learn more, to print out the price tags and to discuss your For Sale items and see what others are brining.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti and Julie Hancock

Last edited:

jbeletti

We have had a previous event canceled so it looks like we are going to be arriving at Elkhat Campground on May, 17th. Will spend a month there to go to Goshen. Would like to meet up with any others that will be at Elkhart Campground.

Pat & I will probably head out to have an Amish Dinner or two before going to Goshen. If anyone is interested let us know and maybe we can meet at one.

Look forward to seeing all of you guys at Elkhart.

BC

Bob - moving your post to the Pre-Pre-Rally thread of Jay's. You'll be in good company.

jjwink

We are still not getting any emails concerning the rally. I notified Julie earlier but problem is still there.

jbeletti

We are still not getting any emails concerning the rally. I notified Julie earlier but problem is still there.

Hi Jerry and Judy,

I'm sorry but we won't be able to rectify this. You will need to get your rally updates from the rally forum. Any update of significance is being put on the forum.

The problem is one or both of the following:
  • Email from us is being sent to your spam folder or
  • Email from the RegOnline mailserver is being flagged as spam by your mail provider and the mail is rejected
In either case, we can't fix it on our end. That's why we try to communicate in other ways in addition to email - namely, here on the forum. I'm glad you are following the rally threads.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I found the most recent one in my spam folder. It all has to do with the e-mail address of the sender and how your ISP identifies spam. Check your spam folder.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

I remember where the sites are from the 2011 rally, being back by the railroad tracks, but don't remember anything about the sites.
I come in on 11 June.

Hockster

======================================================================================================================================

Your rally site is the same site you had in 2011 per your request when you registered for the rally. As it is in the South CG and may be in use by another rally from June 11 to June 16 you have been assigned a pre-rally site. Your pre-rally site does have full hookups, but may be used by another rally goer who is coming in after you move to your rally site.

If someone is assigned to a Temp site prior to moving to their rally site. These sites will NOT be available during the rally.

It will not be possible for rally-goers to "preview" their sites and then request a change after they arrive. Shuffling of sites can only be done prior to the arrival of the attendees. If you would like to stay in your Pre-rally site for your entire stay, please email me and I will see what I can do. club@heartlandowners.org.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My provider, Godaddy, does not make it easy to remedy who they consider "blacklisted" domains, so I gave up. I am relying on the forum for my info. Probably check it as often as email, anyway! 8P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Same way with us Erika, I didn't want to have the hassle of dealing with AT&T over the phone, explaining the problem, getting transferred 40-11 times & still probably not getting the problem resolved. Jim & Julie are so good, putting it on the forum & emailing it, that I am relying on their good work instead of dealing with the stress of AT&T's tech support. At least when I do talk to them they are in the US, not some rat hole who knows where! I'm retired, I don't deal with stress too well anymore. Sort of like a bad doctor....I have no patients (patience)!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Exactly why I don't use a spam filter! Even that doesn't solve all the problems of missing mail. Comcast is notorious for blocking emails.

Karen

???? They (Comcast) only block what I tell them to block. Windows Live Mail seems to block at random, but I don't use it as my primary site.

Status
Not open for further replies.