2013 San Antonio Prospective Purchase

dtnorr

We are thinking of buying this new coach. Any advise from current owners? This will be our first purchase so we are new at this. We have done a lot of homework over the last year but are still concerned about making the final decision. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

jimtoo

Hi dtnorr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have done your homework and have come to the Heartland Landmark, you are in the right place. The Landmark is the best all around I think you will find, fit, finish, all the niceties you need and even more. Now,, don't get me wrong..none of them are perfect,, but as far as I am concerned, and thousands of others also,, you cannot find any better product in even close to the same price area.

You will get more input soon from other owners and Heartlander's.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We purchased a 2013 Landmark San Antonio in August and are quite happy with it. We did get the full-timer package and Yeti package. Well worth the extra $. Do keep in mind the 2014s are out so on a new 2013 you should get a much better deal.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a 2013 Key Largo. Have been fulltiming in it for more than a year now and are EXTREMELY happy with it. We fulltimed for six years in a Heartland Bighorn 3600 RL...loved it so much we upgraded to our Landmark! You cannot go wrong with a Heartland product...best customer service in the industry!

danemayer

We've spent about 6 months out of each year in our Landmark over the past 3 1/2 years and love it.

If you plan on any cold weather camping, you'll want the fireplace, Yeti option, and dual pane windows.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I know one San Antonio owner that isn't too happy with the dinette chairs. I believe he is in contact with Heartland and they are replacing them. The 2014 chairs are constructed better. Other than that I have heard no negative comments about the 2013 Landmarks.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the forum!

We have a Big Horn so we can't help with Landmark specific stuff, but when we decided to buy a new coach we looked at all the brands just like we were going to buy our first one all over again. Heartland was the only way to go for us. Even the higher priced brands did nt have anything we wanted more than our Big Horn.

Good of luck with your search. If you have questions about an Oregon dealer or want to talk to an owner in your area let me know. We have people all over who have worked with all of the OR dealers. Someone will know what you need to know or who to talk to to get the answer. Also don't be afraid to call HL customer service with your questions.

Happy Camping!

Kristy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I know one San Antonio owner that isn't too happy with the dinette chairs. I believe he is in contact with Heartland and they are replacing them. The 2014 chairs are constructed better. Other than that I have heard no negative comments about the 2013 Landmarks.

Our dinnette chairs came apart and they were replaced by Heartland. No biggie and not a deal breaker.

doxiecouple

We have owned a 2013 San Antonio since March 2013. Absolutely love it ! We did find the cabinetry to be less than perfect with uneven stain patterns. Yeti package and full timer package has provided a very cozy experience during extended weather in the teens over 7-8 days. We did not get double pane windows or the fireplace. Fireplace in our opinion is better used as storage. San Antonio stays cozy warm without it and we have a small electric heater bought from Camping World to use in place of the fireplace. Had a few warranty issues but Heartland stepped right up and made them right ! Great folks at Heartland.
If you get the exterior entertainment center you will feel some cool air from that under the dinette but nothing serious. A recent post discussed a method for insulating that. I believe a San Antonio is a great choice.

Donhutch1800

We have a 2012 San Antonio and we really like it a lot.we haven't had any trouble with it other than a cpl small issues.hearthland has responded to any questions we have had very quickly.

Raquel

We have a 2013 San Antonio that we took delivery of in Nov 2012. We full time and have been extremely happy. We've had a few warranty issues but they have been quickly and happily fixed.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk