2014 4000 elite axles

Subdrv

Looking at the brochure the 4000 come with 3 6000# axles. I think the 2014 cyclones use Dexter axles. When I go to the dexter site it doesn't show a 6k axle with 8 lugs. The 7k and above have 8 lugs. So does this mean that they are puting 7k axles on the 5th wheel and still saying 18k max load. I talked to the service department and he agreed with me as to he 7k on 8 lug. But since I don't have the trailer yet(due to deliver next week) I can't look at the sticker on the axle. Has anyone looked at thier axles on a 2014?

danemayer

So does this mean that they are puting 7k axles on the 5th wheel and still saying 18k max load.
Hi Subdrv,

I don't know if the axles are now 7K, but even so, upgrading one of many components won't change the GVWR. There are likely other constraints.

scottyb

I ran into the same issue on my rig. Heartland orders these axles to their specs, and not necessarily what's in Dexter's catalogue. I have the Axle Configuration Sheet from HL, showing everything the way they were ordered. They are 6K with 8-6.50" configuration. The 7K axles are optional. If I was ordering one, I would try to get 8K w/ 17.5" wheels and tires and hydraulic disk brakes.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Call HL customer service with your trailers VIN#. They will email you the build sheet on your axles. It will list every part used to assembly those axles including all of the dexter part numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Both 6K and 7K spindles are the same dimensions and I believe uses the same 12" X 2" hub/drum. The difference in the axle is the tube thickness.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Both 6K and 7K spindles are the same dimensions and I believe uses the same 12" X 2" hub/drum. The difference in the axle is the tube thickness.

8k spindle is the same as the 7k as well. Same inner bearing but larger OD out bearing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Subdrv

Thanks for the replies. 6k axles with 8 lug hubs so if I wanted to upgrade axles I only need the axle and not the hub to hub conversion