2014 Gatewy landing gear

I recently bent the follower side landing gear on my 2014 Gateway. The local RV repair facility wanted $518 for the leg and $220 to put it in. I thought this was a little ridiculous, so I decided to buy my own part and have another business install it. The question is: There are several Lippert landing gear legs available. This is the non-powered side, driver side of the trailer. Does anyone happen to know which part number might work. The ads all say universal but I have heard that before. Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi djcobraman427,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

There's a good chance someone will know the answer. But you might also want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

GOTTOYS

There are 2 different leg lengths. Measure the outer housing(the black part). One is 29 1/2" (Most common) the other is 33 1/2". That is the size my Big Country uses. The short ones are under $100.00 the longer ones are around $180.00 each if you shop them on the internet. It takes about 1/2 hour to change the streetside leg if you can gain access to it. Only 3 bolts to deal with...If it is buried behind the wall ahead of the propane tanks like mine was, you will have to cut out the wall, thanks Heartland for building it this way..I cut the sheet metal out with a snips leaving about 1" all around the edge and replaced it with a slightly larger piece of galvanized cut from a piece of residential heat duct and secured it around the perimeter with 1/2" sheet metal screws about 2" apart. Leave your trailer hitched up to the truck to support the weight and swap out the leg yourself. No reason to pay someone for a job this easy...As far as I can tell any brand leg that is the same length will work. Buy the cheapest one you can find...Good luck..Don

Bones

Since you have to replace one, why don't you consider replacing both with independent motors like the bulldog landing gear or something similar.

GOTTOYS

Since you have to replace one, why don't you consider replacing both with independent motors like the bulldog landing gear or something similar.
I agree, but the only ones I could find use the 29 1/2" legs not the 33 1/2" legs mine needed...Don

Bones

I agree, but the only ones I could find use the 29 1/2" legs not the 33 1/2" legs mine needed...Don
I didn't even look at that. I think I was more worried about the stops fitting. Maybe a call to them to ask would help. I would assume the strokes are different but you never know what the useful stroke is. I really liked the 10lb static load and lift rating on them. I think our stock ones are only 4 k lift