2014 Landmark San Antonio A/C

JKSI

The A/C is ducted in the ceiling and is not blowing very hard what so ever. Additionally it feels like its only coming out of one of the round vents and not the others. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the problem. Both the main area and the bedroom appear to be doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong when I set the A/C? Any advise would be greatly appreciated...thank you

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I believe that only one side of the vents has air flow out. The other side is the return air ducts/vents.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The A/C is ducted in the ceiling and is not blowing very hard what so ever. Additionally it feels like its only coming out of one of the round vents and not the others. Has anyone had this issue and if so what was the problem. Both the main area and the bedroom appear to be doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong when I set the A/C? Any advise would be greatly appreciated...thank you

If you look at the vents (not the return air but the fresh (cool) vents) you will find the extend beyond the last outlet vent into the front and rear caps by about 38 inches. This is dead space where the air will hit the wall and bounce back. We blocked the vents right at the last air vent and that helped alot. Also when both the bedroom and living room ac's are running the air from the bedroom blows toward the living room and the air from the living room blows toward the bedroom. They will basically cancel each other out. We also just take the vent cover off allowing more air to flow. It is not a cure but helps with the air flow. To me it is a poor design but then again I am not an engineer.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

John,

My Ashland has the same issue. When digging into it the vents are tuned for both ACs to be on. If you run only one then you have reduced air flow and the vents further from the AC unit do not put out much air. Also when facing the back of the unit the vents on the right are output vents. The vents on the left are return vents. The return vents do not feel like there is any air flow for there is not. These vents are sucking. You will find that the unit will still cool off for any hot air is near the roof is being sucked into the AC unit and that air is being cooled. If you want more airflow at the outer vents you need to restrict the vents near the middle of the unit or the ones close to the AC units. I have ordered some adjustable vents that I get next week so I can control the outflow better.