2014 Sundance 3310CL kitchen Slide squeal

FMC

I purchased a used 2014 Sundance 3310CL. The kitchen slide squeals something awful. I spoke with Heartland and found out that these trailers kitchen slide is built with out rollers. The slide sits on a strip of some sort of a plastic rub rail on the outer floor. I lifted the slide up and verified that it indeed does not have rollers and does sit and ride on a plastic strip. I then contacted Heartland again and inquired about a remedy for the load squealing and was told that their engineering department has NO fix. Does anyone have a fix for this squealing?

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

I purchased a used 2014 Sundance 3310CL. The kitchen slide squeals something awful. I spoke with Heartland and found out that these trailers kitchen slide is built with out rollers. The slide sits on a strip of some sort of a plastic rub rail on the outer floor. I lifted the slide up and verified that it indeed does not have rollers and does sit and ride on a plastic strip. I then contacted Heartland again and inquired about a remedy for the load squealing and was told that their engineering department has NO fix. Does anyone have a fix for this squealing?

Contact the manufacturer of the slide system they are called Norco BAL. they now sell a special lube for the plastic rub rail and after market roller kits for this type of issue,I believe the lube you need is called CEP 45,do not use any products like WD 40 etc,they collect dirt and will track in on your carpet.
You can google the manufacturer for info and phone number.

FMC

Contact the manufacturer of the slide system they are called Norco BAL. they now sell a special lube for the plastic rub rail and after market roller kits for this type of issue,I believe the lube you need is called CEP 45,do not use any products like WD 40 etc,they collect dirt and will track in on your carpet.
You can google the manufacturer for info and phone number.

This slide is built by Lippert.

danemayer

You might want to take a look under the slide from the outside while someone else operates it. But be careful to stay clear of the moving parts. The noise could be coming from down there.