2015 Goshen Rally - Rally Specials

Re: Lippert Special Add-On - Alumi-Tread Quad Step

Please add our name to the list. We need the quad steps.

Steve & Ida Wand

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Wahhhhh... I want new steps too.. Just because I am an older 5th wheel I feel left out.

Just because I only have 3 steps why am I being left out. I think I will demonstrate. Let the air out of all 4 step trailers.

So there...

Oldtimer

jimpav

Jim....Please sign me up for the 4 Al step set. I just measured, and have the 27.72 width. We really need this for a short leg, bad knee, passenger. Thanks

clayhud

Jim,

Add me to the list for the steps.

Thanks,

pday1213

What great timing on the steps special. Just received in the mail yesterday a safety recall notice from Heartland on the Hickory Springs Quad steps installed on our Big Horn. Apparently trailers those manufactured from 11/3/2014-2/28/2015 are impacted by the recall and need to have 6 rivets replaced.

Question: Will the Aluminum steps have installation instructions from Lippert? Hopefully we can have a group install. I would be willing to help out others if I am able to do so.

jbeletti

Question: Will the Aluminum steps have installation instructions from Lippert? Hopefully we can have a group install. I would be willing to help out others if I am able to do so.

Phil - I don't know about any instructions. I'm guessing there won't be any as these are generally an OEM installed item. That said, even some items that are sold as aftermarket items, sometimes require heavy lifting, special tools and knowledge to install.

paulh

Jim,

Please add me to the list for a set of the quad steps. I had inquired last summer when they announced the Tread Lite line would come in a quad version but then the design was scraped. If there are extras, I may want two sets.

Seren

Ok, after seeing 1,559,023 people planning on purchasing this hybrid steps, I need to know what makes them so special? This is the first I have even heard of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Wahhhhh... I want new steps too.. Just because I am an older 5th wheel I feel left out.

Just because I only have 3 steps why am I being left out. I think I will demonstrate. Let the air out of all 4 step trailers.

So there...

Oldtimer

Bob...you do know they make a three step version, right?

jbeletti

Ok, after seeing 1,559,023 people planning on purchasing this hybrid steps, I need to know what makes them so special? This is the first I have even heard of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd say their weight and therefore, their ease of opening and closing - is their advantage. Beyond that, I see no reason to change out your all-steel steps. For me, Nancy can easily open and close them. The all-steel steps was really hard for her to do - though she could get it done most of the time. Happy wife, happy life... :)

jbeletti

Jim,

Please add me to the list for a set of the quad steps. I had inquired last summer when they announced the Tread Lite line would come in a quad version but then the design was scraped. If there are extras, I may want two sets.

Paul - got you down for one and on a waitlist for a second if any are available.

porthole

Retired
I'd say their weight and therefore, their ease of opening and closing - is their advantage. Beyond that, I see no reason to change out your all-steel steps. For me, Nancy can easily open and close them. The all-steel steps was really hard for her to do - though she could get it done most of the time. Happy wife, happy life... :)

By now Dale should be about clear with his non compete for the electric steps. :cool:

porthole

Retired
IIRC, Dale was the inventor - builder for the steps that we saw on the DRV's at the last Goshen.
My inquiries at the time came back as having a non compete for two years then they would be available.
But, they are pricey.