2015 Goshen Rally - Rally Specials

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
I'd say their weight and therefore, their ease of opening and closing - is their advantage. Beyond that, I see no reason to change out your all-steel steps. For me, Nancy can easily open and close them. The all-steel steps was really hard for her to do - though she could get it done most of the time. Happy wife, happy life... :)
Jim would you put us on the list for the steeps?
Linda West

Seren

I'd say their weight and therefore, their ease of opening and closing - is their advantage. Beyond that, I see no reason to change out your all-steel steps. For me, Nancy can easily open and close them. The all-steel steps was really hard for her to do - though she could get it done most of the time. Happy wife, happy life... :)

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Any chance of getting a deal on the 6pt Ground Control. That is a great price on the 4pt but with Lippert recommending a rig length if only 31' for the 4pt system, It will eliminate a lot of Gateway, Sundane and Elkridges at the rally. Thoughts?

jbeletti

Any chance of getting a deal on the 6pt Ground Control. That is a great price on the 4pt but with Lippert recommending a rig length if only 31' for the 4pt system, It will eliminate a lot of Gateway, Sundane and Elkridges at the rally. Thoughts?

Jamie - I reached out to Jarod and here's the story on the 6pt Ground Control and why it's not being offered on the specials...

We don’t have an aftermarket kit yet, that’s why we’re not offering.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie - we had the 4 point system on 2 different coaches and kept the original rear stabilizers which ended up working great. Just something to think about.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie - we had the 4 point system on 2 different coaches and kept the original rear stabilizers which ended up working great. Just something to think about.

The thought has definitely crossed my mind. I know a lot of happy Heartlanders with the 4pt system that has been working great for years. And at nearly half the price.....it's very tempting. The dealer will not put in the 4pt system on a 42' rig and I am unable to purchase the 6pt myself. Decisions, Decisions

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie - are you coming south anytime soon. RV's For Less in Knoxville TN installed mine on both our 2008 Big Country 3250 (35' long) and 2012 Big Country 3650 (41' long). They haven't sold as many recently because most of their coaches now come with the 6 point LevelUp system but it might be worth a try. If you have a little time and don't need it right away, give them a call (865-521-9112) and see when they could order one for you and time schedule for installing. Try to talk to Butch (the owner) or Kenny (general manager).

jbeletti

LCI Alumi-Tread TRIPLE Steps!

Good news!

Alumi-Tread Steps in Triple now available (5 sets).

Installation by LCI of Triple and Quad Alumi-Tread steps during rally now available.

See this post for the update noted by bold red font and marked UPDATE: 24-Apr

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'll pass on triple. I was hoping for 4 steps that would have the treads closer together and be easier on the knees. Folding and unfolding is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I'll pass on triple. I was hoping for 4 steps that would have the treads closer together and be easier on the knees. Folding and unfolding is fine.

Erika - what I'm hearing you say is that you want 4 steps in place of your current steps where that additional step would make for a shorter rise for all 4 steps. Not sure you'll find anything like that. You'd likely have to build a wooden stair case.

At the SE Region Rally in Myrtle Beach, I saw where Rob Ford had built a wooden stair case that he takes with them that they use in place of the OEM quad steps on their unit. Rather than use 2x10s or 2x12s, his steps seemed to be plywood (painted) with some structure behind it. I think his goals were function and weight.

dewwood

On the quad steps, my previous unit, a Sundance, had the three steps and at the last rally I purchased the four step steel from Lippert's after market shop. I installed them on the Sundance and they worked well, I wish I had kept them for the Bighorn. I wonder if the four step steel are still available and would they fit the Bighorn. The aluminum ones apparently will not fit the smaller frame used on the shorter Bighorns.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika - what I'm hearing you say is that you want 4 steps in place of your current steps where that additional step would make for a shorter rise for all 4 steps. Not sure you'll find anything like that. You'd likely have to build a wooden stair case.

At the SE Region Rally in Myrtle Beach, I saw where Rob Ford had built a wooden stair case that he takes with them that they use in place of the OEM quad steps on their unit. Rather than use 2x10s or 2x12s, his steps seemed to be plywood (painted) with some structure behind it. I think his goals were function and weight.

Jim, that's a solution. I have done some internet searching and there are other manufacturers of steps... I've seen where folks have replaced 3 with 4 successfully. I just need to be at the rig with some time to figure out the proper dimensions.