2015 Landmark 365 Newport (Front Bath)

WhyNot

Just curious.... all the switches on the entry wall. Why not either put a glass panel over them or hide them inside the half bath/Work room.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just curious.... all the switches on the entry wall. Why not either put a glass panel over them or hide them inside the half bath/Work room.

I agree with covering them, maybe with tinted glass door. I like ours.
a5c7e588a53a49275d473c4724d7286b.jpg

2b81ce395f0c9005c1cde3bc77f85a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
This rig is probably just too long. But, with that length, why not make the doors true pocket doors?

I still think - take a foot out of the rear cap, put the shower in the front cap along with some closet space, shorten the bath overall by 1 foot and maybe only one window over a single vanity, and cabinets on the left side in place of the shower.

Finish off the top of the cabinet in the half bath and add access to that space from the bedroom.

New length = 41' :rolleyes:

jbeletti

... put the shower in the front cap along with some closet space, shorten the bath overall by 1 foot and maybe only one window over a single vanity, and cabinets on the left side in place of the shower....

Duane - thanks for the ideas.

With regard to putting a shower in the front cap, that would be quite the challenge and a bit cool in cold weather.

I have seen 5th wheels with a front bathroom where dual sinks were in the front cap. That's more doable than a shower in the front cap in my opinion. My thoughts are that to maintain maximum shower height, we'd want to keep the drain below the floor as we do in all models now. That puts the drain in the overhang. Using a Hepvo trap, it could be done, but would it also freeze in sub-freezing weather?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I like the longer rig. Longer the better. I would like to see another foot in the bedroom, so you can get to the bed easier.

porthole

Retired
I have seen 5th wheels with a front bathroom where dual sinks were in the front cap. That's more doable than a shower in the front cap in my opinion. My thoughts are that to maintain maximum shower height, we'd want to keep the drain below the floor as we do in all models now.

Yup, that would work as well also allowing a foot shorter in the bath length, shower stays, closet forward of shower.

I still think the rear cap is too long. When you sit on the right side of the coach you cannot see the person sitting in the rear recliner.

At 43 feet the trailer is very long. Since we have been thinking about the change, I have been paying more attention to our travels and giving thought to every end location and a 43 foot trailer. Keeping in mind, almost everyone that will be pulling one of these will be using 22 foot long trucks.

Our next trailer - 99% sure - will have a bath and a half. As much as I like this model, it may just be too big.

And with this particular model, the GVW still has some concerns. The demo trailer left very little room for the stuff we all load our campers with. And that trailer's empty weight was without batteries, genny, washer dryer, slide awnings and perhaps dual pane windows and who knows what else would be on a build to order rig. And until any manufacturer can supply a suspension that I would be comfortable with, there would be another 600-700 pounds added for a MOR/ryde IS before I put the first jar of Jif in a cabinet.

I'm no stranger to exceeding the factory listed values, but when I bought the current trailer is with every intent of staying under the listed GVW.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Would like to know what happened to the cabinet that was supposed to be left of microwave and down to stove top. Lost a lot of storage space by not installing. It was featured in the models we saw, when we received our Newport, no cabinet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425400975.982726.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Would like to know what happened to the cabinet that was supposed to be left of microwave and down to stove top. Lost a lot of storage space by not installing. It was featured in the models we saw, when we received our Newport, no cabinet.
View attachment 34987

Product continues to evolve based on feedback from dealers, customers and lookers at shows. Tom will have to confirm the real reason the cabinet got shortened, but if I recall correctly, the cabinet came down to the counter to the left of the stove an there was maybe 6" of counter in front of the cabinet door. Issue here was two-fold, I believe.
1) Use of the counter space in front of the cabinet was rendered useless as opening the door would sweep the counter contents off
2) The cabinet took up valuable counter space - space you have all your stuff on in your picture.

This all said, I understand this change of adding more counter space was at the loss of some cabinet space. I believe brand management feels this is the best balance. I tend to agree.

I'm sitting in my Ashland and for me, I really appreciate that foot or so of counter space to the left of my stove.

Enjoy your Newport and show it off at a rally near you this spring.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Thanks but would like to have known during construction and make it an option to keep or withdraw. Since it was ordered in December and not made until midweek January. Plenty of time to contact either buyer or dealer to let buyer know. Should not make changes after showing what you've got, though I did like the change of removing that second garbage can area and shelved it. What the heck were they thinking, making a second garbage can area anyway. Recycling,,,,really?????

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yup, that would work as well also allowing a foot shorter in the bath length, shower stays, closet forward of shower.

I still think the rear cap is too long. When you sit on the right side of the coach you cannot see the person sitting in the rear recliner.

At 43 feet the trailer is very long. Since we have been thinking about the change, I have been paying more attention to our travels and giving thought to every end location and a 43 foot trailer. Keeping in mind, almost everyone that will be pulling one of these will be using 22 foot long trucks.

Our next trailer - 99% sure - will have a bath and a half. As much as I like this model, it may just be too big.

And with this particular model, the GVW still has some concerns. The demo trailer left very little room for the stuff we all load our campers with. And that trailer's empty weight was without batteries, genny, washer dryer, slide awnings and perhaps dual pane windows and who knows what else would be on a build to order rig. And until any manufacturer can supply a suspension that I would be comfortable with, there would be another 600-700 pounds added for a MOR/ryde IS before I put the first jar of Jif in a cabinet.

I'm no stranger to exceeding the factory listed values, but when I bought the current trailer is with every intent of staying under the listed GVW.

Personally we like the longer length. Gives us more room where you aren't on top of each other especially with visitors. As far as handling we don't even notice the difference.

jbeletti

Thanks but would like to have known during construction and make it an option to keep or withdraw. Since it was ordered in December and not made until midweek January. Plenty of time to contact either buyer or dealer to let buyer know. Should not make changes after showing what you've got, though I did like the change of removing that second garbage can area and shelved it. What the heck were they thinking, making a second garbage can area anyway. Recycling,,,,really?????

There is a process in place where our brand reps work with your dealer who works with you on any changes being made to the coach from what the dealer told you, you were getting. Sounds like a process breakdown somewhere along the line. Sorry it was a surprise to you. Your dealer "may" be able to order the cabinetry parts needed to extend that cabinet down to the counter. I suggest you check with your dealer's service department. They can speak to Heartland about it.

Happy to hear you're happy about the other running line change (2nd trash can changed to cabinet with a shelf). Hey, there's your storage back :)

jnspenc

BigSpenc
LOL!!!! . Really we love our Newport, but here something new, we walk into trailer and I step into bedroom, what do I find,,,,,???? The bottom of the frame of the two-way mirror on the floor. Wish I would have taken a picture. The frame is made of some type of wood and cement, anyway, had to put goop on it and glue it back on. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

jbeletti

LOL!!!! . Really we love our Newport, but here something new, we walk into trailer and I step into bedroom, what do I find,,,,,???? The bottom of the frame of the two-way mirror on the floor. Wish I would have taken a picture. The frame is made of some type of wood and cement, anyway, had to put goop on it and glue it back on. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

Yikes! If that repair doesn't hold or doesn't look good, please contact our Customer Service Department (877-262-8032) and ask them to send you a replacement mirror.

I'll be keeping an eye on mine.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Carol and I feel we have more than enough cabinet space and certainly love the extra counter top space we have to the left of the stove. And thanks for the tip about the mirror. I will keep a very close watch on ours

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Yikes! If that repair doesn't hold or doesn't look good, please contact our Customer Service Department (877-262-8032) and ask them to send you a replacement mirror.

I'll be keeping an eye on mine.

I call dealer about the mirror. Says he is not sure when it will arrive. But know it is on order because...........yet another newport was brought in with the same thing,,,,the bottom frame of the mirror was found on the floor. Hmmm,,,cheap plastic. I think that during the vibration of moving,,,it just falls apart.

T

TomMontague

The mirrors aren't cheap - turns out that several of them are being pulled apart by people trying to get to the TV. At least this is what I'm hearing. It might not be the owner of the coach but someone along the way has pulled on the mirror to access the TV and has broken the mirror.

Im not saying some haven't just broken on their own but most seem to be pulled apart. Please note there are four screws on the mirror frame front that are hidden by wooden buttons that hold the mirror in place. Once those screws are removed the TV can be accessed and is on a swing out bracket for easy access to the back of the TV.

To to ensure or to guard against this we have strengthened the mirrors. Not sure when this fix took place but all mirrors now have additional screws holding them together as seen in the picture.

Hope this helps answer some questions and puts everyone's fears to rest. If you don't have this fix on your mirror - simply drill a small pilot hole and drop a screw in both corners. :)

image.jpg

jnspenc

BigSpenc
The mirrors aren't cheap - turns out that several of them are being pulled apart by people trying to get to the TV. At least this is what I'm hearing. It might not be the owner of the coach but someone along the way has pulled on the mirror to access the TV and has broken the mirror.

Im not saying some haven't just broken on their own but most seem to be pulled apart. Please note there are four screws on the mirror frame front that are hidden by wooden buttons that hold the mirror in place. Once those screws are removed the TV can be accessed and is on a swing out bracket for easy access to the back of the TV.

To to ensure or to guard against this we have strengthened the mirrors. Not sure when this fix took place but all mirrors now have additional screws holding them together as seen in the picture.

Hope this helps answer some questions and puts everyone's fears to rest. If you don't have this fix on your mirror - simply drill a small pilot hole and drop a screw in both corners. :)

View attachment 35169

I know the mirror is not cheap but the frame is. And you are probably right about owners pulling on the frame, should have a hinge on it so that the owner can swing it open to access the tv and put the door hooks on it like the washer/dryer door when it is closed, it snaps shut with those type door latches. But in my case, unless the cat pulled on it, it just fell and we found pieces of the plastic from the corners on the floor

T

TomMontague

The damage to your mirror and the others might have happened before you even got the coach. Either way the screw in the corners should significantly help this issue. I will look into the hinge idea but when we first looked at it you couldn't fill the entire space up with the mirror because it needed room to open and it didn't look as good.

Talk soon and as always I appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Tom