2015 Prowler Lynx Key lock jammed

Has anyone experienced trouble with the deadbolt lock on a Prowler? I just took delivery of my unit 10/21, in fact we haven't even been out in it yet, but on Thursday(10/23) the deadbolt somehow got jammed in the locked position with the door open, and the key out. When I tried to insert the key, it would not! I managed to disassemble the lock and un jam it. It now works normally. Now I am worried this might happen when the door is closed. If it did, We would either be locked in, or locked out.:confused::mad:
Of course, I"m sure my dealer would have repaired it no charge, but that's no help if it happens at the campground.

danemayer

Hi ncphotoguy1,

Congratulations on the new Prowler and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't recall any posts about lock problems specific to the Prowler. There is however a recall on Fastec locks. Here's a link to that information. The recall was supposed to be for locks made through April 2013, so it may not be what you've experienced. Nevertheless, you should see if your lock has a similar problem. If you have a Fastec lock, a call to their 800 # on the recall sheet might give you a better understanding of what's going on and what needs to be done.

You can also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. But if it is a recall issue, Heartland may still have to direct you to Fastec for the kit that fixes the problem.