2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

Dave,
I know it sounds harsh, but it would be mostly common sense stuff to most of us. Unfortunately that is a quality not everyone possesses.

I don't remember seeing them out policing much of anything the times we have stayed there. Trace

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Dave your link did not go to those pages. But firearms and satellite tripods with stakes comes to mind.....

I'm just sitting here waiting for a haircut killing time and thought I would check out the Oasis RV Resort web page.
I found some interesting information that anyone considering attending might want to read.
Rules & Regulations as well as Pet Rules.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Actually I thought that the rules were kind of amusing. I have never been to an RV park that required my rig be RVIA or RVIC approved or that I had to have a minimum of 1000 psi from my pressure washer.
Haircut was painless. I'm thinking that pretty soon a haircut should start costing a little less.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We've decided to give this rally a pass . . .

Not interested in sitting at the computer hoping to get a site for the 30 seconds that it will take to fill them all up!

Good luck, everyone!

TandT

We've decided to give this rally a pass . . .

Not interested in sitting at the computer hoping to get a site for the 30 seconds that it will take to fill them all up!

Good luck, everyone!

As I recall, Gillette took at least 24hrs to book up with a similar number of spots available. I think anyone who makes an effort will probably get in. Trace

JohnD

As I recall, Gillette took at least 24hrs to book up with a similar number of spots available. I think anyone who makes an effort will probably get in. Trace

True . . .

But as I recall, this will be the last 'Not-In-Elkhart' National Rally, then they will be every other year in Elkhart . . . so interest will be high for this one!

We want to go back to Michigan soon (our home state), so maybe we'll try to make a National in Elkhart instead.

TandT

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas Edison

JohnD

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas Edison

The way I look at it is this . . . we are giving up a spot for someone else who wants to go to the rally in Vegas.

We already have three other HOC rallies on the calender for 2016 . . .

Not to mention that we have decided to take our long summer trip to some place that we have never been to before.

navyAZ1

Ann and I plan to be there, if something happens and we can't get into the Rally site we plan to make reservations at the Nellis AFB campground.

Trace: Do you know when the date is for making reservations at Oasis RV Resort? Larry and I want to attend the National Rally but don't know when reservations can be made. Thanks!

Larry and Donna Smith

MTPockets

Trace: Do you know when the date is for making reservations at Oasis RV Resort? Larry and I want to attend the National Rally but don't know when reservations can be made. Thanks!

Larry and Donna Smith
. Post #1 says we will be advised, probably in late March.

TandT

Larry and Donna Smith

Donna,
Look at this new Owners Club page and scroll down; https://heartlandowners.org/club/ for the most recent info.

Currently registration is "planned" to begin March 2, 2016 at 12 noon CST. Trace

Last edited:

AlwaysOnLiberty

YES! We will be there! We will be high-tailing it down to Vegas after our son's wedding in Pueblo, Colorado taking place on the 1st of October.
We are so excited to be attending our 2nd National Rally. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as making new friends.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jim and Julie will be posting it as they get things finalized. They are still working out details for entertainment. Jim has a pretty good idea, but for obvious reasons doesn't want to put anything out until things start getting nailed down a little more firmly.

Rod

Has there been any kind of agenda for the rally? Meals, Entertainment Etc.

Last edited: