2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

rjr6150

Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

Based on last evenings email about gate crashers any thought given to wearing badges for admittance to events. Several of the Good Sam Rally's we've attended used this method

Gaffer

49 minutes after launch and 11 sites still remain. I'm surprised and pleased that sites remain for those who have not yet jumped online.

Still 10 sites open after nearly 4 hours. Who'd of thunk it! I am glad to see that anyone who wanted to get in did so. Can't wait to see everybody.

pegmikef

Based on last evenings email about gate crashers any thought given to wearing badges for admittance to events. Several of the Good Sam Rally's we've attended used this method

If I read it right included in the initial payment are rally tabs for your club name tags. That would probably suffice for ID.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

I'm guessing there will be some type of pass handed out to indentify those who are on the Rally roster . Trace

jbeletti

Nine rally slots remain as of this morning. This tells me 150 rally units was about the right amount to secure.

Those nine slots will be helpful to those who don't regularly check email or the forum but a few days from now, decide to check into the rally.

WOW! We made it. I am hoping to see what this is all about. Looking forward to meeting and seeing all of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I can't believe there are 6 site still left after all this time.
I agree jesstalkn. I was sitting at the computer waiting until 1 PM ready to pounce because I just knew I wouldn't get a spot if I didn't. Really surprises me that there are still openings. Who'd a thunk it? Well, OK maybe Jim when he reserved 150 spots, but the rest or us..........

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I agree jesstalkn. I was sitting at the computer waiting until 1 PM ready to pounce because I just knew I wouldn't get a spot if I didn't. Really surprises me that there are still openings. Who'd a thunk it? Well, OK maybe Jim when he reserved 150 spots, but the rest or us..........

We were on our way home from the AZ HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally and pulled into a McDonald's in Socorro, NM on Monday (Feb 29) so we could use their wifi to get signed up.

I had my laptop logged in to the signup page and my iPad with the map of the RV resort to help with choosing a site.

I'll bet those last remaining spots will be filled before days end.

Can't wait to see you all there!

pegmikef

I had the first registration page filled out with my email address and the confirmation email address, the 300 dollar option selected, and the mouse pointer on the continue button. I watched the clock on my phone and the instant it went to 1200, I waited 3 seconds, clicked the mouse and I was in. Since I use chrome a lot of the personal information fields were filled automatically. When I got to site selection, the list was still quite long. I had a list of just the sites I did not want (those with obstacles) and just selected one of the others. I was registered in less than two minutes from start to finish.

Very smooth and I really need to commend Jim, Julie, and all the others that set up the registration pages as they all functioned flawlessly from what I could see (I at one time was a software and DB developer for specialized military training in the Unix and early MS Windows environment)

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
I had the first registration page filled out with my email address and the confirmation email address, the 300 dollar option selected, and the mouse pointer on the continue button. I watched the clock on my phone and the instant it went to 1200, I waited 3 seconds, clicked the mouse and I was in. Since I use chrome a lot of the personal information fields were filled automatically. When I got to site selection, the list was still quite long. I had a list of just the sites I did not want (those with obstacles) and just selected one of the others. I was registered in less than two minutes from start to finish.

Very smooth and I really need to commend Jim, Julie, and all the others that set up the registration pages as they all functioned flawlessly from what I could see (I at one time was a software and DB developer for specialized military training in the Unix and early MS Windows environment)

Bless you! LOL

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, thank you very much Jim, Julie, Floyd, Dave and everyone else involved in setting up this fantastic event!

Julie, you have the patience of a saint. Trace

Last edited:

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Did the rally fill up before you had a chance to register?

Did you add your name to the waitlist?

We have our first cancellation, so if you were first on the waitlist, you will be receiving an email with instructions on how to register. You will have 48 hours to register before the next name on the list is contacted.

As Jim says "the waitlist process works".

jbeletti

Did the rally fill up?

Just wun'drin :confused:

Yes it did John. Then we received our first cancellation, then the only person on the waitlist got filled within minutes.

For anyone reading this who wants to join us but has not attempted registration - time to go through the process and let it add you to the waitlist.

TheWade2

Jim, thank you for your comments. We're new to the Heartland Club, even though we've had our Big Country since 2013. We've been a member, just haven't done much. That is now changing. We want to help out wherever we can. Heartland is a great group of folks! Looking forward to Vegas and all other adventures! See ya then, Steve and Carol Wade

jbeletti

Jim, thank you for your comments. We're new to the Heartland Club, even though we've had our Big Country since 2013. We've been a member, just haven't done much. That is now changing. We want to help out wherever we can. Heartland is a great group of folks! Looking forward to Vegas and all other adventures! See ya then, Steve and Carol Wade

Sounds good - see you in Vegas!

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
LAS VEGAS Motor Speedway here I come! Just signed up for the “American Muscle Car” challenge.

CARS: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (580HP), 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (Hellcat-707HP) and my dream car a 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (manual tranny & 662HP) or GT350 (if you want to drive an automatic & 624HP).

There are four challenges, including acceleration, braking efficiency, cornering capability and top speed. Each is designed to demonstrate the specific performance characteristics of these awesome cars. There are also props designed to measure performance and enhance the experience, including an F1-style starting line, radar displays showing my speed, digital time displays to show elapsed time, a braking module light trigger, braking distance markers and module identifiers. Can’t wait!

Check it out at: http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences/american-muscle-car-challenge

dwpkdavis

LAS VEGAS Motor Speedway here I come! Just signed up for the “American Muscle Car” challenge.

CARS: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (580HP), 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (Hellcat-707HP) and my dream car a 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (manual tranny & 662HP) or GT350 (if you want to drive an automatic & 624HP).

There are four challenges, including acceleration, braking efficiency, cornering capability and top speed. Each is designed to demonstrate the specific performance characteristics of these awesome cars. There are also props designed to measure performance and enhance the experience, including an F1-style starting line, radar displays showing my speed, digital time displays to show elapsed time, a braking module light trigger, braking distance markers and module identifiers. Can’t wait!

Check it out at: http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences/american-muscle-car-challenge

Which day did you sign up for? Sounds like fun.................