2017 Cyclone 3800 lock failure

rocrider50

The 2017 Cyclone 3800 has been a great trailer so far. Except the rear deadbolt lock jammed and I couldn't get in the rear door. I took it apart but the lock had some internal issues, the key couldn't even be inserted. I didn't want to take it to the dealer for just a lock replace so I called Heartland for a warranty replacement. The asked me for $60 for the new lock, I thought I could get one for free under warranty. I told them I could take it to the dealer and they would be charged $100 or more with labor, to no avail. I said no thanks I would go to Camping world for the same lock for $30. On a lark I called the lock company on the tag on the lock. RVlocksandmore sent one out that day and even matched my other key from the front door. Thanks RVlocksandmore for being more customer friendly than my manufacture.

rhodies1

The 2017 Cyclone 3800 has been a great trailer so far. Except the rear deadbolt lock jammed and I couldn't get in the rear door. I took it apart but the lock had some internal issues, the key couldn't even be inserted. I didn't want to take it to the dealer for just a lock replace so I called Heartland for a warranty replacement. The asked me for $60 for the new lock, I thought I could get one for free under warranty. I told them I could take it to the dealer and they would be charged $100 or more with labor, to no avail. I said no thanks I would go to Camping world for the same lock for $30. On a lark I called the lock company on the tag on the lock. RVlocksandmore sent one out that day and even matched my other key from the front

door. Thanks RVlocksandmore for being more customer friendly than my manufacture.

Ifthis unit is still under warranty then I would not let this situstion die.I would ask to speak to the product mgr for this line and advise him how you were treated.This is unacceptable in my view if the unit is still under warranty.If the person you spoke to at the manufacturer wasn't sure if this was warrantable item, then he/ she should take your name and number ,get the details in house and call you back .This type of treatment does not reflect well towards the manufacturer.

rocrider50

Ifthis unit is still under warranty then I would not let this situstion die.I would ask to speak to the product mgr for this line and advise him how you were treated.This is unacceptable in my view if the unit is still under warranty.If the person you spoke to at the manufacturer wasn't sure if this was warrantable item, then he/ she should take your name and number ,get the details in house and call you back .This type of treatment does not reflect well towards the manufacturer.

Bought the unit 4 months ago, still have 8 remains on my warranty.

danemayer

Heartland has historically been very flexible on simple repairs by sending parts under warranty, assuming the warranty coverage is from Heartland. Appliances for example are warranted by their respective manufacturers. But I would think a door lock would be warranted by Heartland.

I'd suggest you call back and ask why the previous rep was unwilling to send the part to you under warranty. I would think they would be open to reimbursing you if you email an invoice for the part.

rocrider50

Heartland has historically been very flexible on simple repairs by sending parts under warranty, assuming the warranty coverage is from Heartland. Appliances for example are warranted by their respective manufacturers. But I would think a door lock would be warranted by Heartland.

I'd suggest you call back and ask why the previous rep was unwilling to send the part to you under warranty. I would think they would be open to reimbursing you if you email an invoice for the part.

Dan, its a great point. But after RVlocks sent me a new lock (and I told Heartland) they changed their tune and said that they would send me the lock for free yesterday. A bit to late since I had the lock from the supplier already. I don't know if they saw the post and changed their tune or simply thought in the end it was the right thing to do. Either way I'm a bit perplexed by Heartland and have great respect for RVlocks.