2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Some Region Directors have decided to gather their region's members for a Meet-n-Greet of sorts during one of the evenings (Wed or Fri) during the rally when no official rally activities are planned.

Some Region Directors used the Event Creator tool to create these events. We ran into a bit of a snag when the first 3 regions created their events. The snag was that in the Events List, all 3 events looked the same "HOMG: IN, Goshen". When you clicked on any of the 3 events, the event opened up and the Title of the event also was the same as the other two Region's events. This caused some consternation for some users, not knowing with certainty, which Region's event they were looking at.

To clear this issue, I edited the thread titles for the 3 events to include the Region Name in each. This edit removed the 3 events from the Events List. Even had they remained, they still would have looked the same in the list.

What I have since done is to edit the main Goshen Rally event thread (link) and add Region names at the top of the thread. Clicking on any of the Region names that are hyperlinked will take you directly to that Region's Goshen Rally Meet-n-Greet.

What? :)

From the top of any forum screen, in the navigation bar, click the Event List button.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz278.jpg

Google ChromeScreenSnapz277.jpg

So when you click "Events", then click on "NAHR: IN, Goshen...", you get the main rally event thread and it looks like this:
Google ChromeScreenSnapz276.jpg

CDN

B and B
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/13/2017 to 6/18/2017

Our club manager will be approving your membership application shortly. When she approves it and assigns your club number, she will load your email address into the registration system.

Thank you Jim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/13/2017 to 6/18/2017

Hi all, we just joined the club and would like to attend the Goshen rally, but when we try to do our rally registration we keep getting a reply that our email address is invalid, not sure whats going on with that, is their maybe a waiting period between joining the club and registering for the rally ?

Congratulations! Welcome to the family, club and to the world of Heartland

RottsNScotts

Furkids and I are all signed up! Coming in on the 12th from possibly a dog show in Jordan, MN (don't know for sure as I have to wait for judges to be posted! Can't show Boom to a judge who hates tails on Rotties!)

See you pretty soon!

porthole

Retired
Just a quick update on Region gatherings at the rally. At this time, each of our 7 Regions plan to have a gathering during the rally on Wednesday, Friday afternoons or both. Below are links to these events.

REGION MEET AND GREET EVENT LINKS (at Goshen Rally)
- Canada Region .............................6/16 4PM
Optimist Pavilion
- Mountain and Pacific Region ........??? Tri Kappa Pavilion
- North Central Region ....................6/16 4PM
Goat Pavilion
- Northeast Region ..........................6/14 5PM
Nelson's Pavilion
- Southeast Region .........................6/16 4PM
Pork Producers Pavilion
- South Central Region ...................6/14 3:30PM
Pork Production Pavilion

H'mmm

With a charged up Golf cart it might be possible to crash several parties ;)

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Anyone seen or heard about unit wax and clean service yet?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jbeletti

OK, I seen this but since it says draft I thought it was just that, a draft, and was waiting for formal announcement. Next question is there a vendor for rug shampooing set up yet?

Jim
Hi Jim! Thanks for bringing this up. I've updated the RV Wash document and added a link to a sign-up form. The form results are emailed to the vendor. Go ahead and be the first to sign-up! Follow this link, then click the sign-up link in the document.

Question for J.B. or J.H.

I will be arriving on 4 June.
Referring to post 451/453 by Julie, do I still enter Gate 1 & Gate A or come in Main entrance of Fairground?
I know Julie said someone would be available for us, but not where to come in.
I have to pay the fairground for those extra 2 days, so figured I had to check in at Fairground Office.
I believe only a handful of us will be in on the 3rd or 4th will be affected by this.
Thanks.

Hockster

jbeletti

Question for J.B. or J.H.

I will be arriving on 4 June.
Referring to post 451/453 by Julie, do I still enter Gate 1 & Gate A or come in Main entrance of Fairground?
I know Julie said someone would be available for us, but not where to come in.
I have to pay the fairground for those extra 2 days, so figured I had to check in at Fairground Office.
I believe only a handful of us will be in on the 3rd or 4th will be affected by this.
Thanks.

Hockster
Gary - As you're on Ring Road, I suggest that for your arrival, prior to the pre-rally, that you enter off Monroe street into Gate 1, then follow the gravel road to the check-in Gate A. If the parking team is around, they will assist you, otherwise, I suggest you go to your site (Ring Road 325).

Consider giving Kevin Wolbeck, our Parking Team Captain a call (757/406/4561) when you are 10 minutes out and if he's onsite, he or another parking team member will make best efforts to meet you at Gate A.

pegmikef

Consider giving Kevin Wolbeck, our Parking Team Captain a call (757/406/4561) when you are 10 minutes out and if he's onsite, he or another parking team member will make best efforts to meet you at Gate A.

Jim, should the folks arriving on the 5th do the same, or just go to gate A and call if no one is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.