Status
Not open for further replies.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
There is one ticket available for each of these tours:

June 9, Friday: Amish Countryside (lunch included) - 1 ticket available
June 9, Friday: South Bend (lunch included) - 1 ticket available

If you are interested in either of these tours, please contact me by email club@heartlandowners.org so I can add your ticket to your registration as these tickets are not available through the registration system.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It works for me Dave. Can we get someone else to test the link in this PDF? We just need to know if the link in that PDF takes you to the RV Wash sign-up form. Thanks!
My browser must have been loading a cached version of the original draft PDF.
I cleared my cache and all is good.
Link is there and working.

Peace
Dave

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I have not heard back from the vendor. Pinging him again now. Thanks for the reminder Colleen.[/QUOT

Loved the service and looking forward to doing it again. You have a lot to deal with to remember all request thanks for contacting again

Georgia_Biker

How loud are the trains?

OK folks - this will be our first rally and our parking place is near the railroad tracks. I love that because I love trains but my, wife hates them - especially at night.

So for you folks that have been there before please tell me what to expect. We were camping in Gallup, NM last summer and the BNSF had train pass every 29 minutes and I was loving it but, we can never go back - my wife ran out of train patience.

Help me out-

happykraut

Re: How loud are the trains?

OK folks - this will be our first rally and our parking place is near the railroad tracks. I love that because I love trains but my, wife hates them - especially at night.

So for you folks that have been there before please tell me what to expect. We were camping in Gallup, NM last summer and the BNSF had train pass every 29 minutes and I was loving it but, we can never go back - my wife ran out of train patience.

Help me out-
Have your divorce papers filled out and ready to be delivered.

jbeletti

Help me out-
No matter where you're camped at the Fairgrounds, no one escapes the train whistle. And it's a pretty active line.

Now, some of us on the south end of Locust and Maple (South Camping Section) Streets - we'll feel the train a bit as well.

Those of you on Ring Road however, well, you will feel every train. Really feel it.

That all said, if you and your wife stay busy at all of the Technical and Lifestyle presentations on Tuesday - Friday, you really won't be at your trailer much during the day. Then on Saturday, it's mostly an off-site day. Evening is when it may bother her the most. I suggest running 2 ACs and on the bedroom AC, take the fan off auto and set it to high and leave it there. The white noise it generates might be enough to mask the train noise and get to sleep. Maybe the vibration from the tracks will be soothing once she's sleeping.

Or, yeah, what Bernie said :)

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders

Help me out-

Or just fill her up with her favorite adult beverage (she can Wine with my wife) and she may sleep soundly all night. We are located in NW area and you can hear the train no matter where you are. Or ditto what Bernie said! We would never miss Goshen in spite of the trains!
Looking forward to meeting another fellow Georgian.

Kbvols

Our first Goshen rally was on Ring Road backed up to the tracks.

As that train is coming down the track at night at first you think ah..just a small tremor....then as it passes your RV you swear it's a tornado or the **** train is coming right thru your rig.. just then the whistle blows scares the **** out of you not to mention any adult beverages you may have consumed.

My story! .... my wife claims she never heard it...

CDN

B and B
Trains are not that bad. I have been to 3 rally's at Goshen. The nosiest spot was 400 section. Maple St is quiet and Draft Horse well can't hear a thing. This year we are in the infield so here's hoping it is just fine. We did get use to it after the first night. Have fun and the trains will just blend into the background.

Toccoatravelers

Help me out-

Hey y'all! can't believe it has been almost 6 months since we saw you all in Ft. McDowell! Try not to worry about the trains, we had heard about them before our first Goshen Rally and As it turns out, while you hear them at first, you do get used to them and really there is so much going on the trains are almost an afterthought. This rally will be great, the food, fun and fellowship will far outweigh any train noise. We all keep coming back so it must not be too bad right! See you all soon!

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders

At the 2015 rally we were on the ring road; the first couple of night trains were a bit startling, but OK for me after that. Pam, however, is a light sleeper. Since I am a LOUD sleeper, she regularly wears the yellow foamy earplugs. Between the earplugs and the already mentioned AC running for white noise, she got through it just fine. Adult 'sleep aids' are always an option ...

I remember maybe two to four trains a night, not every 29 minutes. And, yes, it's a shared thing, everyone gets to experience the trains. And as others have noted, there are lots and lots of neat things to do, trains will seem like no big deal, part of the background.

Help me out-

Status
Not open for further replies.