2017 Torque 321 - Kitchen Slide bottom seal

weekender01

Opened up my kitchen slide and found that the bottom seal has been getting caught as I open and close the slide. As you will see it has chewed up a portion of the seal. How hard is this part to change? I called Heartland and they said it required a lot of work and lifting up the slide. At first inspection it looks like I just have to remove some screws, replace the seal and put everything back together. Perhaps there is something I cannot see.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. I would take to my dealer, but I asked the to check this 2 weeks ago, but obviously they forgot or did not check.

Attachments

• 20160715_104717.jpg
    20160715_104717.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20160715_104729.jpg
    20160715_104729.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 47

Bones

Opened up my kitchen slide and found that the bottom seal has been getting caught as I open and close the slide. As you will see it has chewed up a portion of the seal. How hard is this part to change? I called Heartland and they said it required a lot of work and lifting up the slide. At first inspection it looks like I just have to remove some screws, replace the seal and put everything back together. Perhaps there is something I cannot see.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. I would take to my dealer, but I asked the to check this 2 weeks ago, but obviously they forgot or did not check.
You don't have to lift up the slide to change that seal. It is as you said, but why is it getting caught is the real question?

MurrayN.

Hey Weekender1. I have the same trailer. I looked at my kitchen slide yesterday and can't see why changing that seal should be a big hassle. If it was my trailer I would try to take it off myself. Unless there is something I don't see or understand.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Looks like they mounted it to high and it was being pulled in, in-between the slide and the floor causing it to catch and rip off the pieces. When you call heartland (w/VIN #)
Tell them that you need a new lower wiper seal (I think that's what I would call it)
Tell them you have all of the pictures and that you can email them to em.
Tell them that you will do the repair your self at no charge. "LOL" Don't ask the warranty guy or girl how to do the job. That's what were all here for. :)
Make sure you give them the correct measurements. How wide the seal is and how long. If it comes by the foot order a little extra.
Then cross your fingers and hope you get the right part the first time.

Then when you install the new seal the right way make sure you mount it low enough that it can't reach that pinch point.

bdb2047

I am having same happening to ODS slide. I think slide has gotten out of adjustment seal flips in last few inches of travel going in. Seal is getting between rollers and floor when it flips. I have raised outside of slide and ordered new seal from Heartland.Heartland parts will send you pictures of different seals and ask you to tell them which you need. Check bottom of floor make sure it is not getting damaged.

weekender01

I am having same happening to ODS slide. I think slide has gotten out of adjustment seal flips in last few inches of travel going in. Seal is getting between rollers and floor when it flips. I have raised outside of slide and ordered new seal from Heartland.Heartland parts will send you pictures of different seals and ask you to tell them which you need. Check bottom of floor make sure it is not getting damaged.

Thanks for the info. I will do this and so far no damage to the floor inside, but I can see a small track forming in the vinyl due to a roller. I assumed that was normal.

Looks like they mounted it to high and it was being pulled in, in-between the slide and the floor causing it to catch and rip off the pieces. When you call heartland (w/VIN #)
Tell them that you need a new lower wiper seal (I think that's what I would call it)
Tell them you have all of the pictures and that you can email them to em.
Tell them that you will do the repair your self at no charge. "LOL" Don't ask the warranty guy or girl how to do the job. That's what were all here for. :)
Make sure you give them the correct measurements. How wide the seal is and how long. If it comes by the foot order a little extra.
Then cross your fingers and hope you get the right part the first time.

Then when you install the new seal the right way make sure you mount it low enough that it can't reach that pinch point.

Thanks.