2018 3270RS to match a silver truck?

bthornto

Looking online it seems the Sterling color scheme for the outside paint is no longer available. :( Any idea why it's gone? Maybe it wasn't popular?

esscobra

If you can get ahold of your area manager , and are willing to part with a little extra $ for the change fee and don't wait too much longer- they would probably do it for you.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Looking online it seems the Sterling color scheme for the outside paint is no longer available. :( Any idea why it's gone? Maybe it wasn't popular?[/QUOTE
Call Heartland and ask for the Big Horn team and find out if they may be able to help you

esscobra

Tom ( he is sometimes on here- and is bighorn product manager ) would have the final say and when I ordered mine in last week of dec they were still willing to do that paint job- ask your dealer to contact your heartland regional rep to go to bat for you / and or as suggested call factory and get Tom and see if he can still get paint shop to use that scheme

bthornto

Thanks all. We just ordered a 3270RS and asked that the dealer call Tom... Yeah, were totally stoked, this may be the longest 12 weeks of our lives :)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

bthornto

@tom... If you are listening, Sterling would be frosting on the cake. You might hear from openroadrv in the next few days and if it is still possible we'll be heartlands #1 customer.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
@tom... If you are listening, Sterling would be frosting on the cake. You might hear from openroadrv in the next few days and if it is still possible we'll be heartlands #1 customer.

Hope it happens for you. That is a great looking color.

T

TomMontague

How is this for listening? Hopefully you like it... :)
cb3febe0abc68f1da06549752a7048ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bthornto

Wow. Looking good. My wife said the white made it look cheaper though, so I painted it myself as a test, simply swapping the white and grey around so the grey appear to the be the base color and white an accent. Please forgive my photoshop skills. Thoughts?

flippedcolors.jpg

...now I've got one wife's opinion (which is really the only one that matters to me): "Way better"

rhodies1

Wow. Looking good. My wife said the white made it look cheaper though, so I painted it myself as a test, simply swapping the white and grey around so the grey appear to the be the base color and white an accent. Please forgive my photoshop skills. Thoughts?

View attachment 50450

...now I've got one wife's opinion (which is really the only one that matters to me): "Way better"

i like your version better,I would see if Tom would do your version and what the cost would be.......

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Both are great options, but this wife also likes the more grey one as well. Looks "high dollar"!

T

TomMontague

View attachment 50450

We have actually already made that change. Unfortunately I don't have a rendering of it but I might be able to get one online Monday.

bthornto

Awesome. The PO went out today. What do I need to do to get that paint scheme?

bthornto

@tom I'll give you a call in the AM. Any number better than the main one?

T

TomMontague

Have you been working with Mike Moreland out west? You can call me today sometime after 8:30 AM. My direct line is 574-266-6424. My cell number is (574) 226-3926. My office will be the best option this morning. Talk soon.

T

TomMontague

This is the final version. Please note there is no white in this package - it's more of a light silver look.

CoveredWagon

I Love those beautiful paint jobs but $10K was quite a stretch too far. I'm a little put out to hear someone would say that other than painted it looks cheaper. Don't get me wrong, but some folks just don't feel that way. Cheap for a 3270. I don't think do. ��

Last edited:

bthornto

I Love those beautiful paint jobs but $10K was quite a stretch too far. I'm a little put out to hear someone would say that other than painted it looks cheaper. Don't get me wrong, but some folks just don't feel that way. Cheap for a 2370. I don't think do. 😡
I should have provided some context to that remark, it was intended to mean cheaper when compared to the other paint schemes. Not cheap by any means, just a little cheaper, like maybe .001%