2018 BC 4011ERD heating

Chazcu

My furnace does not heat the entire RV. When the furnace is on it blows hard in the bathroom but hardly comes out the other vents, including the one in the bedroom that is only 5 ft away. I have to leave both bathroom doors open to warm the bedroom. Thank god for the fireplace or the LR would be unbearable. I know I can buy electric heaters but it should supply some heating throughout. What should I check? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Chazcu,

There's always more heat coming out of the shorter duct runs. On longer runs, the air cools down a bit.

If the airflow is poor, you may have a disconnected or pinched duct. I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but if you have pass through basement storage, you may be able to view the duct connections to the furnace by taking down the rear wall of the pass through storage. To check for ducts being pinched, you may have to take out some of the screws holding the coroplast liner under the trailer to see what's going on.

Chazcu

Hello danemayer,

I have passthroughs in the front and back. I'll check what ductwork I can get to through them. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Taking a guess at your layout, the bedroom and bath are probably directly over the furnace. In mine, the bedroom duct was way too long and kinked. I shortened it and routed it so it didn't droop. It actually drooped all the way to the floor behind the basement wall and then went to a cut-out at the top. The way it was connected to the floor vent in the bedroom forced it to kink there, so I installed an adjustable metal elbow to give it a smooth curve. You may want to pull up your floor registers to be sure the ducting is actually connected under them. I've pulled up the ones in the rear of my rig and the ducting is not the same as what you can see in the photos. It's a thin plastic over support wire.

Attachments

• Bdrm Heat Duct.JPG
    Bdrm Heat Duct.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 19
  • UDC rear.jpg
    UDC rear.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 18