2018 Bighorn - Grey water tank disconnect

I noticed the underbelly was swelling and leaking water thisweekend, so I dropped the underbelly to take a look and found that the greywater tank the shower drains to had become completely disconnected from thedrain pipe. I connected them backtogether, and tightened the metal clamp and the problem was solved. Turned out the metal clamp was not tightenedwhen the unit was put together at the manufacturer. Such a pain… but I’m glad it was something Icould fix myself. Has this happened to anyone else?

sengli

I didnt have that exact thing happen, but if I were you I would inspect every fitting that requires it to be tightened to see if they are. I found almost all of my screw on fittings were not tight. Glad to hear you found your issue. They build these coaches in a hurry.

I didnt have that exact thing happen, but if I were you I would inspect every fitting that requires it to be tightened to see if they are. I found almost all of my screw on fittings were not tight. Glad to hear you found your issue. They build these coaches in a hurry.

It's funny you say that because I thought of that, but unfortunately I didn't think of it until after I re-fastened the underbelly back on...

sengli

The ones I am referring to are the fittings under the kitchen sink, and in the shower area. They go from the PEX, to a fixture. Plus the ones that go to the water heater. I found after several temp or seasonal cycles those fittings just started to leak, where they didn't before. Had to at first tighten them, and then replaced them as they would just leak even when tight.

SNOKING

Dean and Jodi had the same thing happen a few days ago on their brand new BH3270. Someone needs to tell the factory this is not a one off!!!!! Chris

Last edited:
Dean and Jodi had the same thing happen a few days ago on their brand new BH3270. Someone needs to tell the factory this is not a one off!!!!! Chris

I was able to do the repair on my own since I'm still relatively young, but if I was older, this would not have been possible for me. I try not to get upset about it since it was something I could fix, but I'm concerned about other problems that will arise from simple factory oversights...