2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

TajMyhaul

For those of us who purchased our Landmark from another owner, how & with who can we schedule work on our unit? The items I need addressed are probably more detailed that the 2 repairs we were able to schedule with the Heartland team on site. They did a great job but our Heartland “ TajMyHaul” needs a little additional work to return to “good as new condition.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

For those of us who purchased our Landmark from another owner, how & with who can we schedule work on our unit? The items I need addressed are probably more detailed that the 2 repairs we were able to schedule with the Heartland team on site. They did a great job but our Heartland “ TajMyHaul” needs a little additional work to return to “good as new condition.”

With regard to repairs done at the rally, it isn't limited to original owners - so you're good there. All attendees will be limited to 2 minor repairs. Bear in mind, this is not a Service Rally. This is a fun/learning rally where a couple of small items will be tended to complimentary.

With the rally being over 8 months away, my suggestion is that you find a servicer local to you to make repairs to your coach over the winter months. Then, if by rally time, you still have a couple minor things, put 2 of them on your service request list.

Puzzled_1

How spacious or tight are the sites at the campground?

427 here and I'd like to use both patios and have room to unload my motorcycle.

jbeletti

How spacious or tight are the sites at the campground?

427 here and I'd like to use both patios and have room to unload my motorcycle.

I'd say the sites are 16 to 18 feet wide by 50 feet in length. This does various by area but that's a good rule of thumb.

We cannot guarantee a site where rear ramps can be utilized. Side patios are usually okay. What most TH owners do is unload the motorcycle, golf cart etc before they push into the site.

This all said, I am working with Dan Denton, owner of the Road Warrior Facebook group on the possibility of creating a special area where his RW group could all be co-located. If this comes to pass:
1. Any RW owner not part of that Facebook group will also be welcome in this special RW area
2. These sites would be on grass with 30 amp power and water
3. We'd arrange a twice weekly pump-out service for this area
4. I'd expect us to have a lot of flexibility in how we layout this area and we'd be very mindful of side and rear ramp usage

Puzzled_1

Thank you for the reply.

Unloading prior to unhooking is not an option for us. My bike is long and low and needs every inch of front jack height to unload.... And with some sites that's not enough... 🙄

Out of curiosity are there hookups in the sites?

jbeletti

Thank you for the reply.

Unloading prior to unhooking is not an option for us. My bike is long and low and needs every inch of front jack height to unload.... And with some sites that's not enough... 🙄

In all of the improved camping areas, there are hookups and they are all at the rear of the sites. Then, most sites are back to back or back into a fence. These things conspire to be less than idea for rear ramps and unloading after setting up.

I'm sorry if this rally won't work out for you based on the site constraints versus your needs.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
In all of the improved camping areas, there are hookups and they are all at the rear of the sites. Then, most sites are back to back or back into a fence. These things conspire to be less than idea for rear ramps and unloading after setting up.

I'm sorry if this rally won't work out for you based on the site constraints versus your needs.

Jim,

Would the sites out in the middle of the Track work for some of these situations or are those also back to back sites?

jbeletti

Jim,

Would the sites out in the middle of the Track work for some of these situations or are those also back to back sites?

Hi Dave - hope your rally is going well! Wish we could be there.

The infield sites are:
- Back into the stage
- Back to back in a single row

dlafko

I am a new owner and this would be our first rally. How will we make reservations on March 19th at noon? Does Heartland still do repair list and come fix things, this is one of the biggest reasons we were told to come to the rally.

Will there be things for kids of younger age to do there?
If the fee really $75 per child that attends?

Thanks the Lafko's

porthole

Retired
Thank you for the reply.

Mike, there is plenty of room in the open parking lots that you could unhook, unload and then go to your site.

I unloaded in the front lot the first year as I did not know how the sites would be. This rally usually generates 250 RV's

There is also a section called Harley Hill that is a bit more open but not necessarily with the group.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I am a new owner and this would be our first rally. How will we make reservations on March 19th at noon? Does Heartland still do repair list and come fix things, this is one of the biggest reasons we were told to come to the rally.

Thanks the Lafko's

Dave,
Yes, the service team still performs 2 minor service repairs. I’m working on my list now. Lol.

Madison was 7 during our first National Rally. Learned to ride her bike there for the first time. I think there is some plans for kids activities for this rally. Not sure of the details. The Fair grounds are BIG and flat. So bring bikes so you can get around easier.

Text me if you need more details. I can walk you through the registration process. I’m sure others will chime in also.

jbeletti

Thanks the Lafko's

Registration is actually on March 1st at noon Central.

The extra person fee (beyond 2) is $75. We may be lowering that extra cost for children - it just depends on catering costs. For all attendees, we provide t-shirts, meals, entertainment and such. So the costs are real. If our caterer will charge us less for kids meals, we will take that into account and likely rebate back $x per child. We'll know prior to registration.

As for kids activities, we may have a kids program. We plan to survey members very soon to see how many kids we'll have, their ages and such. This will drive whether there will be a program for them. If not, kids are still welcome and should still enjoy their time at the rally. Bikes are recommended here too.

Puzzled_1

Mike, there is plenty of room in the open parking lots that you could unhook, unload and then go to your site.

I unloaded in the front lot the first year as I did not know how the sites would be. This rally usually generates 250 RV's

There is also a section called Harley Hill that is a bit more open but not necessarily with the group.

Duane you've mentioned this before to me. My answer is still the same, that doesn't work for me. With what I am charged for a site at any campground it needs to suit my needs. Am I suppose to pull my camper out each night should I choose to load my bike into the camper? I'm not trying to be difficult, it simply was a question. This is something I pay attention to.

Edit: I don't how difficult it is to load and unload in the new camper.. I haven't tried yet. The old camper was a little bit of work.

porthole

Retired
Just offering an option Mike.
Personally, I would not let that issue stop me from attending, especially the Goshen rally. We always have a great time, and we have always tried to get there 5-7 days early to enjoy the pre-rally events as well as the area. But, that is just me, and being mostly stock :rolleyes: my bike is less of a loading issue.

As I mentioned in my fb PM's, some sites are perfectly suitable for what you want to do.

Something else to keep in mind, the cost of the sites outside of the rally costs built into the registration price are pleasantly reduced compared to what we are paying in the Northeast.

Our camp event later this week is $75 a night - in mid October!

Puzzled_1

Just offering an option Mike.
Personally, I would not let that issue stop me from attending, especially the Goshen rally. We always have a great time, and we have always tried to get there 5-7 days early to enjoy the pre-rally events as well as the area. But, that is just me, and being mostly stock :rolleyes: my bike is less of a loading issue.

As I mentioned in my fb PM's, some sites are perfectly suitable for what you want to do.

Something else to keep in mind, the cost of the sites outside of the rally costs built into the registration price are pleasantly reduced compared to what we are paying in the Northeast.

Our camp event later this week is $75 a night - in mid October!

Thank you Duane as I appreciate the input. Knowing there are sites that will work for me I will keep on this and call opening day of registration. We definitely would like to attend the rally. I hadn't given any thought to arriving early, maybe that is something we should look into.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hi Dave - hope your rally is going well! Wish we could be there.

The infield sites are:
- Back into the stage
- Back to back in a single row

Iowa Rally was a success. The more the merrier of course but otherwise good.

Thanks for the clarification. Just know that area probably had the greatest potential for space rather than other areas.