28 RLS City Water Valve

Ptoms

Today while not hooked up, I turned on the water pump to my 2010 28RLS…….almost immediately I heard a funny noise… and realized a lot of fresh water from my fresh water holding tank was blown out from the city water hook up to my trailer. After closer inspection I realize that the valve on my city water connection appears to be missing , and my water pump cannot build pressure. Everything works fine while I’m hooked up at the RV park. I am currently working remote and not near town. Does anyone know how hard of a fix this would be and what parts I might need? The water pump appears to work fine only it cannot build pressure due to the missing valve.

Pat

Zonian

I also experienced this situation while "on the road". Someone suggested a temp. fix of screwing a plug onto the connector. This worked well. And if I recall correctly a few folks mentioned that they keep the inlet plugged all the time unless they are hooking up to city water.

currituck0209

Hey ptoms,
mine did the same last week, the check valve in the city water connection is not working. Sometimes you can push on it with you finger, & it will line up again, or just take out the three screws & replace it. They do make a better one out of brass.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pat, if your rig is still under warranty, your dealer should be able to take care of this situation. The previous replies are both correct, this is fairly common in most RV's. The check valve gets mis-aligned and can be rreset by pushing on it with your finger tip or some other blunt object (pencil eraser). If you can't get it to stop, they are very easy to replace. Most dealers carry replacements. The brass replacement is always the best bet. By the way, I moved your thread out of the "ask the factory" section into "plumbing" since the answer is here.

irvin56

If not able to get fixed right now. Hook a hose up and then put in 2 kinks close to hook up and tie with rope of wire to act as a plug.

My i suggest that next time at a store, to pick up a plastic or brass hose end piece and carry with you for next time.

Ptoms

I appreciate all of your responses...being new to the RV world I learn somthing new everyday. I currently have managed to find a replacement city water check valve......while its not the right one for my particulaur trailer it screwed on and everything is working for the moment. when I get back to town I will have the dealer get the exact one I need for my trailer.......I am very glad I have this forum to ask questions on. This website has been worth its weight in gold on numerous occasions......Thanks again guys.

Ptoms

irvin56

Yes we are all here to help ourselfs find answers and help others to find their answers.

We are a great forum to be a member of. I have learnt tons on stuff on here and I have been camping for 40 plus years.

Enjoy you new toy and ask away.

Irvin