2nd A/C

Northern Virginia
One other thing to consider with the portables is the condensation. Some units have a tank that has to be emptied on a regular (usually daily) basis or you can route a drain hose to the outside. This is what I did in my daughters tent.

Our unit said it was tankless. At first I wasn't sure out how this was supposed to work. I guess the fan blew across the condensate collection pan and it was supposed to evaporate and get ducted to the outside through the exhaust hose. It didn't work very well. However, the unit was in a tent so there was a non stop supply of humid air. The collection pan would get over filled and the unit would shut down.

I connected a drain tube and then it worked fine.

John

StephenKatSea

One other thing to consider with the portables is the condensation. Some units have a tank that has to be emptied on a regular (usually daily) basis or you can route a drain hose to the outside. This is what I did in my daughters tent.

Our unit said it was tankless. At first I wasn't sure out how this was supposed to work. I guess the fan blew across the condensate collection pan and it was supposed to evaporate and get ducted to the outside through the exhaust hose. It didn't work very well. However, the unit was in a tent so there was a non stop supply of humid air. The collection pan would get over filled and the unit would shut down.

I connected a drain tube and then it worked fine.

John

Thanks for the "heads up" on the condensation. Although, in this area of the desert there is not much humidity to condensate. Actually, we do experience a local "monsoon season" in the summer, during which time we'll keep an eye out for potential accumulating water. These brief periods can bring on sudden thunderstorms and a nice relief from the heat.